“PLONK (WINE) ... Missoula's and perhaps Montana's BEST WINE Selection !!! Upscale, Classey, Friendly and Exquisite...!!!”
Review of Plonk

Plonk
Ranked #15 of 298 Restaurants in Missoula
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

WOW...PLONK is "a breath of fresh air" for us Montanans...Superb and friendly service is a staple from the moment you enter this fine dining restaurant in downtown Missoula. A relatively NEW, HAPPENING and "DIFFERENT" type of establishment makes you feel like the "big city" atmosphere coupled with the unique genuine local [Montana...] attitude of all PLONK personnel.

Arguably, the wine selection is second to none and features a vast selection of Italian and French wines along with the Northwestern Regionals from WA, OR, ID & MT. Trust me, I got to witness first hand their extensive wine cellar. One of the owners, Brett Evje,,truly exemplified the Montanan type entrepreneur spirit by actually working in his establishment, serving as the wine steward for our table and yes conducting "thee" personal tour!

Montana service, Fine cuisine, Real value and a "Big City" atmosphere makes PLONK "THEE" place to go in Missoula. Try it you will LOVE it...

PS...as a diehard U of M Grizzly fan it would not be fair and a full disclosure if I did not mention they also own the original PLONK in MSU Bobcat country... [Bozeman, MT]

1  Thank James L P

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Great place.

More upscale than the majority (and maybe all) of the Missoula bars. This place could hold its own in any big metropolitan city. They have amazing mixed drinks, my current favorites are the cilantro gimlet, And some type of ginger martini deliciousness (some initials like 'GHC' is the actual name) ... That said all of the drinks are interesting, tasty, and possibly dangerous :-) if you know what I mean!!

They have a great cheese platter, and charcuterie option. Their shrimp with with avocado smoked corn is done perfectly, as are the scallops - YUM!!

Only negative I can find, is that it's a little pricey for good-ol-boy Missoula, but I personally think it's worth it, and it keeps it higher-end. I will pay whatever to keep coming here. Missoula desperately needed a place like this.

Thank God!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Plonk is a rare treat in Missoula for those of us who can still remember restaurants outside of Montana. While on the pricier side for this town, the restaurant has a casual decadence about it. Our service at the bar was not stellar, as it was a weekend night and was fairly busy at the time. Luckily, we were able to take our time and have our order corrected. Our cocktails and cheeseboard were -by far- the highlight of our visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were driving through Missoula in early July and stopped to find a spot for lunch. We were looking for another Trip Advisor recommended spot when we saw Plonk and decided to try it instead. I was so glad we did! The wine list was really impressive with a lot of choices by the glass. I had the maple cured duck breast salad, so delicious! My husband had the seared scallops which were also great. the prices were reasonable as well. Fun atmosphere, very friendly servers. Go to Plonk!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a great bar worth the visit when in Missoula and very different from other watering holes in this bar town. Plonk is a bar with a great selection of wines and spirits with menus to highlight your beverage choice. The brick walls, tin ceilings, outdoor tables and comfortable plush seating and fresh flowers make this a warm and charming setting for drinks and conversation. The service is attentive.

Been to Plonk? Share your experiences!