“Shack needs a NO CELL PHONE policy!”

The Shack Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 298 Restaurants in Missoula
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hard to enjoy a good meal when the couple two booths away proceed to talk and laugh on their cell phone, passing it back and forth, during our entire lunch.
Rest room needed attention. Could have been a great lunch.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Best breakfast in Missoula. It's a cool spot to hang out and drink coffee or bloody marys and enjoy a great breakfast.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant for breakfast this morning. We were shocked to discover that the omelettes were priced at $12.95 each! That is for a 3 egg omelette. You could order a "smaller" omelette for $11.95. I ended up ordering Sauteed Vegetables, served on hash browns with sharp cheddar and jack cheeses. It was very good. The vegetables were carrots, broccoli and cabbage. It could have used more cheese on it, but was quite tasty. It was also served with alfalfa sprouts on the side of the plate. My husband got the Buffalo Pie (hash browns, topped with ham, 1 egg, cheddar & jack cheeses and gravy). He really enjoyed that as well. These were both dishes that were quite different than we have ever had anywhere else. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because of the price. The 2 dishes that we ordered were $9.25 and $9.50. I was hungry again in only a couple of hours because it really was not that filling.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Food was pretty good, but not as good as some of the other restaurants in the area that we visited. Service was a bit slow, even though the restaurant was pretty empty for dinner.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

On the way back home from Yellowstone we decided to stop by Missoula,MT for lunch. Being out of town we chose this place randomly. We had to wait around 15 minutes to be seated.
Here's what I liked about this place: that the lunch experience was over, and I will never go back again!
Disliked: Seats/booth very small and tight space even for a average size person
Plastic cups for the water
Very very very long wait for the server to take an order, and another long wait for the food to arrive (45 min), and to find out that what I've got wasn't exactly what I've ordered. And that there is no body available to talk to the server just vanished...
Food quality mediocre - we ordered:Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich, California Club, Reuben - OK