“Great, comfortable stay with entertainment for the kids!”

Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Every year we drive down to Missoula. The Wingate is, by far, our favourite hotel. The room price is great with your AMA membership. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful in pointing out all of the shopping locations and good restaurants. One of our favourite diners in Missoula was Ruby’s Café on Regent Street; rustic, inexpensive and great grilled breakfast! The desk was also accommodating as it was a very busy long weekend which included the Montana Grizz game as well as the Hemp Fest. The hotel was really dressed up with Grizz swag. Another good thing is the complimentary breakfast, evening snacks and fresh coffee. Our kids really enjoyed the swimming facilities, small kiddies pool, two water slides (one is all tunnel), and hot tub. The pool area was very clean and had life jackets available for the kids to wear. The Wingate also had a mediocre work out facility, which needs to have a sign saying “no kids allowed” or “kids older than 16”. The workout area is right next door to the pool causing some parents to tend not to care that their kids are hopping all over the equipment. I also really enjoyed the business area which has internet and all the business amenities you would need to get a little work done. I found it was usually available later in the evening or early morning. The hotel location isn’t that close to anything but we found it was a short 5/10 minute drive to nearby restaurants or mall. Compared to other area hotels, the toiletries by Neutrogena were amazing!. Finally a hotel where you can go swimming, use the shampoo in your hair, and brush threw it afterwards. I was also very appreciative that the hotel manager cared enough to respond to our online survey results. Thank you again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank RocknRoni
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

That is so great to hear! I am also glad to see that you enjoyed Ruby's Cafe. Some of our best visitor experiences come from our simple, local favorites. Your comments and business are appreciated!

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport

Reviewed September 18, 2010

We were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff, the breakfast buffet was wonderful and the soup bar very welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Thank you for your review! I am glad youwere able to sit back and enjoy our complimentary soup bar. We find it's nice not to have to head out to a restaurant on chilly fall evenings, so we offer it every Sunday through Thursday evening in the fall and winter! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 12, 2010

I was able to get a decent price for this hotel through a discount site at the last minute. It was our half way point in a day's drive between Yellowstone and Glacier NPs. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was better than most in the class. Free internet in the business center - we didn't bring a laptop so that was great.

The hotel does have a big pool area with slides, so expect children. We were not bothered at all by them though.

I did hope that "laundry service" meant something where I could drop off my laundry, but no such luck there. There are coin operated washer/dryers and they got the job done.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jtwatson3606
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Many of our guests find us to be a great stop between the two national parks. If your next stay falls on a weekday, we do have same day valet laundry service. We hope to see you again soon!
Kim

Reviewed September 11, 2010

This business-class is located close to Missoula Airport. My dad & I stayed here on our last day on vacation. Very clean and well-appointed hotel. Friendly & accommodating staff. Nice water slide, hot tub & exercise room. Room was plush & comfortable. Breakfast bar next morning was delicious with lots of choices. It was a nice stay on our last travel day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your compliments. The things that you mentioned are the cornerstone of our philosophy....clean comfortable rooms and friendly servcie, so I am glad to hear we were on target. Please come see us again soon!
Kim

Reviewed September 2, 2010

Hotel is in a great location right off of the freeway in Missoula. Our kids had a great time at the water park and pool. Breakfast was wonderful and the other amenities were convenient as well. This hotel was well kept and clean with a very courteous staff. I will stay here on my next visit to Missoula. You can visit the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, the Smoke Jumpers museum and the Historical Museum/Japanese Internment Camp all in one stay. Great trip for Homeschoolers!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2010

I am so glad your family was able to partake in some of the many activities Missoula has to offer. From recreational to cultural and everything in between, Missoula features some terrific places to play and explore. One of my favorite things about our location is that we are not sandwiched in among 20 other hotels on a crowded street, but you can find great ways to entertain your family just minutes away. I am happy to see you found the same! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed here as part of a family trip for fun. The hotel was clean, check in was fast. the only problem with check in was that I was given only one room key. I asked for another and was told they ran out of cards so each room would only be given one card. This was very inconvienient as there were 2 adults and we were trying to different things on the trip. Rooms have a themostat as opposed to a regular knob type heater. The breakfast had some of the best choices I've had at hotel breakfasts. Choices included cheese omlets, biscuits and gravy, donuts, muffins, bacon, ham, bagels, cereal, fruit, 3 waffle makers and yogurt. There were a few problems with the breakfast. My biscuits and gravy were cold and my omlet was barely warm. The omlets ran out while we were eating and it took the person quite awhile to bring out more. The apple and cranberry juices tasted more like water than juice. Overall though, it was good for hotel breakfast - the choices meant that if one thing wasn't so good there were plenty of other choices. The kids had fun with the water slides. One slide is a tube type so it's a fast, pitch black ride. The other slide is an open air slide and you can go down that one much slower or if you shift your weight around you can go fast also. There's a hot tub and a separate wading pool for the younger kids. Check the slide hours, I think during the school year the slide closes at 9pm on weekdays. The hotel is out by the airport and there aren't any food places within walking distance. However, it only took us a few minutes by car to drive down to the strip where the food is at. (I think we took Expressway St)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Your honest feedback is truly appreciated so that we can continue to improve our product and services. It can be challenging to make sure that all of our breakfast offerings and kept plentiful and warm, but we will continue working on it, and look forward to giving you a perfect experience next time!
Kim Sawyer

Reviewed August 16, 2010

First time we stayed at this hotel and it was exceptional. The front staff, the breakfast, the rooms, outstanding. The location made it easy to get around . Great place for families, the hotel has outdone themselves on the pool facilites for them. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I agree that our location is great....a little off the beaten (traffic jammed) path, but close to everything you might need. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again!