“Excellent place to stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Had no issues checking in, even at 11:30 pm. I personally don't require much when it comes to a hotel. I stuck the "Do not disturb" sign on the door and never was bothered. My ONLY issue was with the gap under the entrance door. It allowed me to hear everyone coming and going, especially since the house keeping closet was across from my room. It did not keep me awake though. Since I spent a lot of time in the room, there could have been a few more channels on the television. Altogether though, no issues and nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We will look forward to having you back!
Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
RONAN
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The whole stay was awesome! We have stayed at this hotel many times and it never is less than perfect! Rooms are clean, staff is helpful, breakfast has lots of choices, pool and spa is always clean and a fun place to take our grandkids! It is located in an area that is peaceful and quite.

1 Thank hionlife
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
How great to hear! I am glad that you and the kids have enjoyed our hotel and waterpark (several times it sounds like) and we will continue to work to make each stay great. See you next time!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 30, 2012

When I arrived, I was told that the king room I reserved was not available because the carpets had just been shampooed. They offered me either a king room with a damp carpet, or a room with 2 queens. I took the dry room. The Wi-fi connection was sporadic, the bathroom door was hanging on by only 2 hinges, the bathroom wasn't very clean and so on. IF they were striving for mediocre, they fell well short. Not a place for the business traveler.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, the waterslide might be of value. If you're strictly here on...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Hello!
I want to offer my sincere apologies for your experience. I assure you that mediocrity is neither what we strive for nor something we consider acceptable. It sounds as if a variety of issues affected your stay, and I would truly appreciate the opportunity to discuss these in person with you. Please give me a call on my direct line at 406-532-7842 so that I can make this right!
Best regards,
Kim Sawyer
Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is an attractive, very clean, and comfortable hotel. Our room was clean and spacious with a king sized bed, sofa, desk and chair, microwave, refrigerator. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the lady maintaining the breakfast bar. Breakfast included more than usual fare including eggs scrambled with potatoes, bacon and cheese, strawberries and whipped cream topping for the waffles, a bowl of fruit, plus great coffee. We found this to be a great place to stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
great falls
Reviewed April 19, 2012

specifically looking for a hotel with a pool this 1 had the waterslides but NO swimming area at all!!! very disappointing! breakfast was ok

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed about the lack of a swimming pool. I understand your concerns...it's too bad that there is not enough space for an additional pool! However, I hope you and your family enjoyed the waterslides and hot tub, as well as the other ammenities at the property. Best regards,
kim
Lethbridge
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our first time travelling to Missoula, but have stayed at Wingate hotels in other cities, so felt confident booking here. It is a beautiful hotel, very nice room, super comfy beds & pillows. Staff was very friendly. Our kids loved the waterslides, but I wish there was a pool for "swimming". Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thanks for the kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I love to hear that you have confidence in the Wingate brand, and that we lived up to your expectations. I, too, have a "swimming pool" on my wish list, but It's great to hear that your family loved the waterslides! We will look forward to hosting you again!
Bremerton, Wa
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We travel a lot so know a good hotel from a bad one. The Wingate in Missoula is a GREAT hotel. It is very clean, beautifully decorated, has comfy beds and the staff was very friendly and helpful. If we go to Missoula again we will definately stay there. We feel the quality was far better than some 4-star hotels we've stayed at. We just loved it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thanks for the kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, including our decor. A lot of guests find it a nice change from the typical hotel furnishings, and I am happy to hear you are among them! Also, I have to tell you that I love hearing about the comfort of the bed. At a recent conference I won a mattress set that is just like the ones we have at the hotel. I am so excited to have it delivered, because our guests seem to love them! We look forward to seeing you again. Best regards,