“We liked this place. Stayed two times on our trip”

Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Connecticut
“We liked this place. Stayed two times on our trip”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We really liked this hotel. It is very well run. Our first visit was so positive, we returned after our trip to Glacier. The water park is fun for the kids. The breakfast is fantastic for a hotel freebie. The staff is helpful. My only complaint is they charged us for a rollaway cot but didn't deliver it to the room as promised. When I complained, they quickly took it off the bill. I would have appreciated the cot instead but a small blip in our otherwise fantastic stays (twice).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
I'm glad to hear you had a great stay....twice! It's great to hear that you thought the breakfast was good, because our breakfast queens work very hard to start your day off right! My apologies about the delay in rollaway delivery. Next time, if we slip up, we have staff at your beck and call 24 hours a day that would be happy to help out! We look foward to seeing you again!
Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Bloomfield
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Best place we stayed the whole trip, while the least expensive. Beautiful accommodations, good breakfast, great in all areas.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan h
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thanks for sharing your experience with future travels. You really summed up what our hotel tries to be all about...a great experience at a good value. I'm glad to hear we delivered on both counts. We hope to see you again!
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We love the small town of Missoula, MT and often choose to visit on our way to Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons. Thewingate is very comfortable, with large, well-appointed rooms and a very friendly staff. Breakfast is a notch up from the traditional hotel continental offerrings, although I wish that the staff wasn't quite so much in a vocal hurry to clean up when the clock strikes closing time. I do appreciate the all-day tea and coffee service. The main reason why my kids love the Wingate, however, is the water park off the lobby. It's relatively small, but has a couple of fun, twisting slides for older kids and gentle water features for the smallest kids. It always seems safe and clean. The inevitable consequence however, is that -- although Wingate bills itself as a business destination -- the hotel is often filled with families, expecially on the weekends. If I was visiting for business, espeically if I wanted to use a pool for swimming laps or a hot tub to relax in, I might not the appreciate the family vibe at the Missoula Wingate. If you do have kids, however, I think it's the best option in town.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank eileeninseattle
Pincher Creek, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We hadn't been south to Missoula for a number of years, but we returned on Labour Day weekend and headed right for the Wingate hotel. We didn't have a reservation, but the front desk staff were very helpful, addressing our needs for a larger room (3 adults, 3 kids). The lobby was welcoming, with a large topographical sculpture of the state of Montana and comfortable sitting area with refreshments available. The room was spacious -- even with 6 of us, we weren't tripping over each other! However, we would consider two rooms next time to give everyone greater privacy and/or television access. The bathroom amenities were much appreciated. The kids and adults who used the waterpark had a great time! The breakfast area offered a variety of choices, with lots of seating, and an affable hostess who made us feel like family. Even the snack machine choices were well-received, as it was stocked with some items not available in Canada! Our room was tidied and restocked when we went out, and the staff helped us with restaurant recommendations in the area. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauranna C
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
That was fun to read! I am so glad that each aspect of your stay from start to finish was a success. I especially appreciate the comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff, and will share your words with them. We will look forward to having you back so we can live up to your newly formed expectations.
Chicago, Illinois

Hotel was nice overall. Stayed over Aug 23, 2011

I was in room 203 and the central air was not to good. The only adjustment was for COOL Temperature. There was no fan switch or an On-Off switch. We adjusted the temperature high & low but the unit would not shut off. At least it was quiet running - so it ran all night.If it was loud I would of asked for another room.

Some rooms facing the street may suffer from road noise. During my stay there was road construction around the Hotel.

The room was clean. The toilet had one of those waterless tanks and the pressure tank inside. It was very loud when flushing the toilet. The sliding mirrored closet doors were very noisey to open & close.

As with most hotels I had to swap out a few CFC bulbs for my 75-100 watt bulbs to be able to see to read or write.. The bed and bedding was ok.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank eileeninseattle
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thanks for sharing your experience with other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and agree that we are the best choice for guests traveling with children. Your observation regarding the challenges a business traveler might face are right on target, and we have worked hard over the years to make sure we can provide a quiet, relaxing atmosphere for those using our hotel as their office away from home. I invite you to visit us if you ever travel through the area on business. In addition to the best Corporate Travel Program in Missoula, we have designated rooms with business oriented services available for our repeat business travelers. Not to mention that you find a vastly different environment in our hotel Sunday through Thursday nights generally, especially September through May! Whether for business or pleasure, we look forward to seeing you again!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The rooms were spacious, the pool was so fun for the kids and even the adults had a blast on the slides. We appreciated the staff and their eagerness to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The breakfast was our favorite and the hostess was so accomodating. The grounds are well taken care of making the area inviting. There was nothing that we didn't like there and it's a great place for families. Out of town but close to everything. We look forward to going back with our grandchildren.

Room Tip: Back of the motel is the best view for us. Less noise.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacque R
It's great to hear you are already planning a return trip. I'm glad you enjoyed all the facilities, and I love your line "out of town but close to everything." We might steal that for some marketing since many find our "just on the edge of town" location an ideal mix of quiet and convenience! :) See you soon!