“Pleasantly surprised.”

Americas Best Value Inn Missoula
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Recently I stopped in Missoula, MT. I couldn't find a motel out on the interstate. I found an Americas Best in town. I was worried. I just had a preconceived idea that they were not very good quality.
I found the motel with no trouble. The area was not the best, but there was a hospital next door and a Catholic Church behind. Went to check in and the lobby was small. The clerk was learning her job and the manager was helping her. I asked if they took pets and was told they would take 1 dog. I said mine were used to traveling and very well behaved. They are. We got accepted.

I found the hallways to be very dark and the carpeting stained. It seemed not to bode well for the room. I would have not stayed if the room was not as good. I was surprised. The room was great! The bed was comfortable. The motel was very quiet. There were no "scary characters" hanging around.

I took the dogs for a walk downtown and felt safe. Restaurants nearby and a coffee shop next door.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Overlook the hallways. The rooms are clean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was looking for an affordable, clean place to stay in the downtown area. The common areas, like the stairway and hallways were dirty and stained. When we got to the room, the key cards would not work. The new ones they gave us took an unreasonable number of tries, but eventually worked, though there was obviously something wrong with their system. In our room, the bathroom and carpet appeared to be cleaned and vacuumed, but damage to the walls and what I assume to be permanent stains on the carpet made it feel dirty. Several of the towels had marks on them, which, even if they had been laundered with bleach, borders on unacceptable. All of the furniture, with the exception of one chair, looked like it was salvaged from a house destroyed in a hurricane. The mattresses weren't bad, but I avoided examining the sheets after noticing the stains on the towels. Overall, it looked and felt dirty, was outdated and in need a major update, and the lock was extremely annoying, but the room served its purpose

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ayoungpretender
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The carpet in my room was dirty (looked like blood stains). Staff not very friendly, used coffee pod in coffee maker, dirty cup stacked on top of clean ones, not a full set of towels..... inexpensive, though. The other room my family had seemed ok. Beds were VERY comfy, however.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night, no problems. The neighborhood felt a bit shady, but we had no trouble. Price was very low and the room kinda run-down, but clean and adequately equipped. Location is great, close to interstate exit and downtown. There's no breakfast, but there are multiple good cafes near by. Recommended if you just want a cheap place to sleep.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at a bunch of the cheap motels in downtown over the past few years when visiting missoula. This place is cheap clean and right downtown. Staff we're very friendly. Sure it's not super updated but for the money you can't find a better option. We'll stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kerry C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Missoula. We are very happy that you took the time to write a review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed here over 10 years ago with a good experience, but all has declined since then! The elevator ride gave the first impression of how run down and dirty the place has become. Our hallway to the room reeked of cigarette smoke and urine. In the room the carpets were stained, the walls had holes in them and the blankets & sheets had yellow spots on them. I was disappointed to spend $90 for a night in this terrible establishment and will not return. One positive note, the front desk staff at check-in was pleasant & accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MT-JAH
Kerry C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

We're sorry you had a bad experience with us. We are 100% non-smoking & everyone is supposed to smoke outside. This time of the year with the weather the elevator does get alot of traffic in & out the housekeepers should be mopping & cleaning it everyday. I wish you wuld have stopped by the front desk & said something when you checked out, I would have adjusted you rate.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here because I wanted a change of place (normally stay at another property in Misoula). I think from now on this will be my go-to place. The property is well-maintained (although a few minor cosmetic issues) and has a great front desk staff. They were friendly and professional, also were well informed about the local area. The motel is in a great location - easy walking from downtown with awesome eateries and bars. From being in and out of Missoula over the yrs, this property has gone through many changes and this entity is by far the best one.

Room Tip: If you only need one bed, its better to be in an even-numbered room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo