“An unexpected Italian experience in Montana!”
Review of Caffe Dolce

Caffe Dolce
Ranked #52 of 303 Restaurants in Missoula
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

When you think of Montana you tend to think of Steak n potatoes. However I discovered a fantastic slice of Italian heaven in Missoula! I had the Papporelle Ragu beef for supper and it was nothing short of a flavorful Italian moment I was not expecting! It's open dining area is buzzing with the chatter of happy patrons and the staff is knowledgeable and very pleasant!
Do not miss this out of the way experience!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Don't go around noon. There are no parking spaces left and you have to park around the block, wherever you can find a place. Sandwiches are delicious, but it seemed a bit pricey. As good as it was, I would probably try other places before returning.

1  Thank goldwest
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Try the grilled flank steak, it is $18 for a melt in your mouth delicious meal... we are always impressed with the waitstaff's knowledge of the extensive beer & wine menu, and the friendliness of the staff in general. It is refreshing to go to a place that has great food, wine, AND staff that isn't overly stuffy.

And here is a tip!: We used a coupon for one free glass of house wine or draft beer with any purchase between 5pm-6pm! My man got a delicious pint of wheat beer for free and was very pleased! Look for it on "Trippons".

Their beer menu is out of date on their website, so it doesn't show my new favorite malty beer, called Abyss from Dechutes brewery. Just wish Rob would've shared it with me, it was a bit much for me to have alone at 11% alc. :) Good thing I had a hearty steak dinner!

He wishes he had chosen something else because he felt the cheese plate left much to be desired at $12. Check out my images to see how small it was. I wish they had mentioned how small the portion was on the menu or he would have ordered something else to better compliment his soup and fill him up. We also wish the waitress or menu had said the Clam Chowder was in the Manhattan style instead of New England, he much preferes New England and was a little disappointed when he recieved the tomato-based Manhattan.

Here's what we ordered:

DESCHUTES ABYSS - $11.00

WHEAT ALE- (sorry, can't remember exact) - ($FREE)

CLAM CHOWDER - cup, $3.50

CHEESE PLATE
daily selection of three artisan cheeses
with fig jam & grilled bread $12.00
(the fig jam was VERY good)

GRILLED FLANK STEAK
montana beef flank steak with roasted
fingerling potatoes, wilted frisee & a port
and balsamic reduction $18.00
(melt in your mouth!)

1  Thank RobsLady
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Missoula Montana has a couple of nice restaurants but limited breakfast places that are worth it. But this is an exception. Breakfast is exceptional with great coffee, several interesting eggs dishes and plenty of pastries. Place is nice and quiet and computer niks can crash here without interruption.

1  Thank sweir2
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We visited Missoula MT this weekend to attend a friends wedding. We had the opportunity to stop in at Cafe Dolce for coffee and breakfast twice over our 4 day visit. Unfortunately we didn't have the opportunity to have lunch or dinner. The cappuccinos and breakfast sandwiches were excellent. During our next visit we will definitely stop back for lunch and dinner.

Been to Caffe Dolce? Share your experiences!