“Expect the Worst service because you will get it!! Or even go to Jail!!”

Motel 6 Missoula East
Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
USA
“Expect the Worst service because you will get it!! Or even go to Jail!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2007

As I write this I can hardly believe it!!
We moved into the Ponderosa because they advertized free internet, also the rates were reasonable.
What fools we were, the manager "Dave" was very accomodating and seemed a reasonable guy.....until we asked why we were unable to get internet, he explained that it wasn't his signal it was more than likely our computer!! Therefore I reinstalled windows, bought a booster card, I did everything possible to correct "my problem". It was later that I discovered after talking to a computer tech that it WASN'T MY PROBLEM it was the Motel! By then I had spent $200 trying to correct a problem which wasn't mine!
Later we did actually get a connection but after 45 minutes it went down AGAIN, my wife went to speak with "Dave" the manager who got really irrate and abusive and called the cops to have us evicted!! After we spoke to the cops ...who were obviously bewildered as to why this was happening the manager "Dave" agreed to let us stay until our rent had expired, this was because he didn't want to issue a refund! We were prepared to go to Jail for this terrible crime of complaining about the service the Ponderosa advertized "FREE INTERNET" which is a total lie they are unable to provide internet in all the rooms just some of them, unfortunatley we got the wrong room.
Dave is I have to say a very accomodating guy providing you don't complain about the poor service the lack of concern for ANY problems you may have and you are able to listen to the windbag talking about his life story!!! Dave "the manager! What a joke he is!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — Poor managment service and total disinterest in any problems we had
  • Stayed December 2007
3 Thank daveghenderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I thought the "don't bother" reviewer seemed high maintenance, but wow, no. They treated me as if I landed from mars and was on some serious drugs. I'm on a family trip with our 4 year old and dog, moving to the west coast, and we've stayed at 15 hotels along the way. Every one of them was better than this motel.

I'm seriously low maintenance about motels, but the people here were downright RUDE. We stayed here 2 nights.
some excerpts:
it's 9:45 am, housekeeper knocks on door and comes right on in! hi!, she says "have to be out by 11". it's 2pm, she knocks, "do you need service?", husband closes door a bit and says don't think so, hold on, she barges right in! hi! she immediately goes thru all towels, etc.
1st time I'm taking nap, 2nd time husband doing work. and forget about going to your car for a bag - the chainsmoking housekeeper stares at you the entire time.
15 motels, and this housekeeper is a 1st. (by the way, she didn't say "hi". she was completely strung out. I'm thinking "hi!" sarcastically.)

I go into lobby at 4pm, asking "have coffee in morning only or all day?". she: "all day". I push, it sputters, there's nada. she: "all day until it runs out." me: "didn't it run out on me at 10 am?" she: "yes!" smiling.
business appointment guy in there at 9am, wants coffee, it sputters, she laughs "guess it's decaf for you!!".

Maybe this really won't come across. Just please understand these people are screwed up in a really really big way. And it's not worth it to stay here and let them affect your trip, because believe me they will. Maybe their norm customer is meth addicted dealer, or some other screw-up. They treated us as if we were the same kind of people. If we had to even unload one bag from the car, the housekeeper (chain-smoker) would stare at us accusingly. I'm still not sure if they're all on serious drugs, or if they assume everyone else is. Just don't stay here.

On a plus side of Missoula, go to Worden's Deli - amazing food in a great atmosphere. A deli where you can get an enormous gourmet sandwich for less than $5. plus beer from the local microbreweries, and gourmet sauce/cheese too.

• Liked — not much. good water pressure and mountain views, available anywhere in town.
  • Disliked — people here aren't running a hotel. they're annoyed and p'd off at everyone who checks in.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank orangetime

Travelers are raving about these Missoula hotels

northwest
Reviewed July 22, 2006

Conviently located near Interstate exit, downtown, and University of Montana. A bit high at 75$ for two queens, a pet, two people, and an industrial feel. But Missoula struck us as a bit high for rooms overall. Some confusion on who got what rooms, lightbulbs out, and other minor stuff but room worked overall. Noisy parking lot and congestion but has laundry room. Cable TV, phone, and pet area all acceptable as was bed comfort. Basically a motel with very small continental breakfast.

***Nice "bark park" for Fido is within walking distance at University grounds and river. If you have pets you will appreciate this alot.

I'd suggest just down the street where off Broadway places are much less, or try the Mountain Valley Inn or Ruby's for less congestion, similar price, and better amenities. Still not a bad choice with pets if you do not mind walking across Broadway to the bark park.

Decent BBQ place down Broadway toward town.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank mediotraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 25, 2006

Recently my husband and I took a 22 day road trip across to Indiana and then back the northern route to Seattle. During that time we stayed in motels and we did some camping. All of our motel stays were friendly and normal except this particular lodge.
We drove up to this lodge after spending a very hot day traveling by van over 500 miles. The temperature outside was an unseasonable 93 degrees. My husband went inside and waited patiently while the woman in the office talked on the phone to another person about how to use the internet on her computer. Not once did the lady say, excuse me while I finish this call. She said nothing. After waiting with no acknowledegement or service he left and came back and we drove next door to the motel and got a room immediately.
Later my husband went to the office of the Ponderosa and a man was there. He tried to explain what had happened and wanted to know why. The man became very rude. After we arrived home my husband called AAA and the chamber of commerce to lodge his complaint. He also called the lodge again to see if an explanation could be gotten. The man informed him that he did not serve my husband because he was intoxicated. My husband has not had a drink in years. He is a brittle type 1 diabetic. We were hot, tired and grubby when we arrived in our van that night but intoxication was clearly not an issue.
So if you want to take your chances on whether the people are going to be nice or rude then by all means go to the Ponderosa Lodge...

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2004

I recently had the pleasure of staying twice at the Ponderosa Lodge during a cross country motorcycle trip and was extremely impressed with the friendly way I was treated and the accomodations afforded to motorcycle riders. the room was comfortable, safe and clean. They even had an area where we could wash our bikes and furnished rags for us to use. I absolutely would recommend the Ponderosa to anyone travelling through Missoula. I know that I will stay again next trip out west!

• Stayed July 2004