“Great menu, space-case servers”
Review of Catalyst Cafe

Catalyst Cafe
Ranked #6 of 296 Restaurants in Missoula
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are a full service restaurant. Opened in 1991 as Montana's first coffee cart, The Catalyst Cafe has grown to become a favorite destination in Missoula for full-plate breakfasts and lunches. Open seven days a week and serving breakfast all day. The Catalyst caters to a very loyal following of University of Montana students, downtown Missoula business people, and visitors. The Catalyst Cafe brews the best coffee in Missoula and serves up a delicious variety of unique, fresh, local meals- including a great selection for vegetarians and vegans. The Catalyst Cafe is 100% Missoula - and prides itself on being a welcoming, comfortable restaurant for all walks of life.
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went out to breakfast after seeing menu on Urbanspoon. Super allergy/veg/vegan friendly but has all the traditional stuff, too. We sat outside, which was nice but the whole multiple server thing didn't seem to work super well for them - things just took a while or were forgotten. We enjoyed our meal, would go back, liked their efforts to provide eclectic, locally sourced dishes but would probably just say don't come in in a rush...because they are not in one at all. and they might forget your juice...coffee...bacon...but they are really, really sorry if they did :). Regardless, totally worth going.

There are newer reviews for Catalyst Cafe

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Loved it...from the 10 year old kid to the 86 year old Grandma (and everyone in between). The food is unique and eclectic and healthy. We had the waffles - light and airy; fried egg sandwich with cheddar and tomatoes - melt in your mouth; the heap - potatoes, eggs and birdseed wholewheat toast with yummy jam. The place was very popular, it was a Saturday morning at 11 am, but we got right in, quick service, quick food, attentive wait staff. Absolutely recommend it!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I don't understand all the fabulous reviews this restaurant received. My time at the restaurant started with them forgetting to bring us our coffee entirely. After we ordered our food, and the man left, I had to remind him. Then our waters ended up being empty for just about the entire time we were there, except for when he brought us the check. We waited 57 minutes for our food, and when it came out it was just sub par. The waiter asked if I wanted hot sauce, and I said I would love some. Then he disappeared. I reminded him about the hot sauce about ten minutes later, and he said "Oh ya, let me grab that for you." Then walked over and sat at the counter. Finally after 15 minutes of no hot sauce, I had to go ask someone else for it behind the counter that he was sitting at. Turns out all the hot sauce was right next to him. He didn't even say anything when the other lady grabbed it for me. The meal was long awaited, and not worth it. The service was some of the worst I've ever received in Missoula.

3  Thank Phil V
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Super smoothies, great atmosphere. Locally owned. A Missoula must

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Great lunch! Torrita soup mmm... loved the staff. They were very polite.

1  Thank Chris L