“Beautiful decor and excellent wine list”

Red Bird Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Bird Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 300 Restaurants in Missoula
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Front
Transit: Public Transportation is available to the downtown area in which we are located.
Description: Red Bird Restaurant severs eclectic local cuisine with flair. Red Bird Restaurant is opened for intimate evening dining in dramatic architectural surroundings with an art nouveau feel. The Restaurant strives for sustainability and serves local meats, handmade pastas, sustainable fresh seafood & delectable desserts. Our menus change frequently to reflect the wide variety of seasonal foods available regionally. The Wine Bar has over 25 wines by the glass and an extensive representation of Northwest Wines. The Wine bar offers enticing appetizers, fresh salads, artisan sandwiches and petite entrees. Monday night is live music night in the Wine Bar. Come join us at Red Bird and taste what grows under the Big Sky.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I loved the decor and the wines and service were both outstanding. The only drawback is in the subdued lighting- it is so subdued in some places you might not be able to see your date. So depending on your date this could be good or bad.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a neat dinner spot! Recommended by the Hotel I stayed at. I was pleasantly surprised. It is in a Historic old Hotel. The staff were very friendly and the apps and entree were pleasing. I had a pizza that was recommended by my server. I ended up drinking a bottle of wine "Cab" by myself and chatted with the bartender and just enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Everything we ordered was excellent- appetizer, salad, main dishes and desert- we love the after dinner coffee which comes with fresh whipped cream, cinnamon sticks, brown or white rock sugar on a stick, chocolate chips, fresh cream and lump brown sugar. The coffee is very strong and such a treat I wonder if one can visit the wine bar just for coffee. (there is a wine bar and a restaurant- I believe they have two different menus).

Reviewed December 29, 2012

What a lovely dinner we had at the Red Bird Restaurant. I had not eaten at the Red Bird Wine Bar for over a year, due to a disappointing meal there and finding out the chef had left the restaurant... but friends from out of town wanted to take my husband and I out for a belated wedding gift, and we decided to try the Red Bird Restaurant, after seeing positive reviews on Tripadvisor. The meal was divine.

It started with a surprise Amuse Bouche, a perfect little bite. The delicacy and flavor of the bite is hard to describe, but was similar to a small quiche with a combination of savory and sweet, and a unique cheese that I had not tasted before. (And unfortunately I cannot remember the name)

I had the Bison Tenderloin, and it was SO delectable I can still remember each bite. I had to slow myself down so I could savor each one. The combination of the Bison with the variety of vegetables, (squash, turnips, carrots, etc) went so well together, it was like a new experience with each bite, as each one had their own flavor profile. To compliment the entire dish, a hint of ginger lingered on the palette... and was just the right amount, not overpowering as it could have been.

My husband had the Duck Three Ways, which I tasted and it was also marvelous. I LOVE Duck, and both my husband and I try to have a Duck dish whenever we can. We both thought this was one of the best we have had. Unfortunately I cannot write much about the Duck, because after one taste of it, I went back to my heavenly Bison. Both dishes were excellent.

The wait staff was very courteous and helpful. I would encourage everyone to try this restaurant at least once. It may be a bit more expensive, but if you love good food, it is well worth it. And for us it was the perfect way to end the year.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Was really surprised that this restaurant is only wine and beer, that said I agree the wait staff is far too young to be snobby! And in all due respect I am sure that they indeed make enough in tips to at least look presentable and maybe cover up their tattoos and take the piercings out for their shift. And wearing your hair in a shower clip is really not for fine dining. The food was "OK" and the price was also "ok", the noise of dragging wooden chairs across the floor to set up for a large party was very annoying. Maybe Missoula is just not quite up to a fine dining restaurant.