“Friendly staff, clean”
Review of Missoula KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Missoula
Missoula KOA
Bozeman, Montana
“Friendly staff, clean”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Love the new deluxe sites. Big green area with clean fire pits. Plenty of room to throw out some lawn chairs and relax with friends. Pool was warm...even on Memorial Day weekend with temperatures in the 70's. Great value and close to everything.

Room Tip: Ask for new deluxe sites...you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cdrabslp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cheboygan, Michigan
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We made a reservation weeks in advance of our arrival for a 5 night stay. We were disappointed to be stuck on a site that prohibited us from putting out our awning due to a utility pole where bees were enjoying the utility box. The so called lawn needed cutting as there were dandeloins all over. We were told that tents were not allowed because it destroyed the grass so we followed the rules (our son was going to sleep in a tent), yet two rows over two tents were put on a site that had much nicer grass! I guess it is who you know. The sites were close together, so close you could practically touch the one next door when you stepped out of the trailer and even though the park had a lot of availability, throughout our stay, rvs came and went on the site next to us. Staff was unfriendly and actually pretty sad. So, if you want an experience similar to staying in a Walmart parking lot, this is the "campground" for you. If you want to go camping, find somewhere away from the city where you can actually enjoy the site you are put on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Karen D
Calgary
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights in September. We were in town for a Pearl Jam concert, and we weren't the only fans staying at the KOA.

When we arrived, there were signs in the main office area warning us that there were would be extra security on for "Pearl Jam Weekend" and that anyone not following the rules would be kicked out of the park immediately. Upon checking in, without even asking if I was there for the concert or not (I guess it's because I'm young-ish, and he just assumed?), the man behind the counter pointed to the sign and asked if I "understood the rules".

Sure, I get it.. there are noise regulations everywhere, and when a concert of that size (about 6000, I think) comes into a small town, the locals might take extra precautions to ensure everyone's safety and happiness. What I don't appreciate is being treated like a small child—asking whether I 'understand rules' and whatnot, simply because of my age. There are exceptions to every rule, but for the most part, Pearl Jam fans are very respectable individuals who are not looking for any trouble. My husband and I had a fire, and were in bed fairly early... we certainly weren't a bother to our neighbours, and even though there were many other fans at the campground, we didn't hear anyone after 10pm or so. Nevertheless, though, security was out doing their (very frequent) rounds early enough—on the lookout for all of those s*** disturbers that rolled into town with the PJ concert, I guess!

I didn't appreciate the prejudice and stereotyping, but the campground itself was clean, well maintained, and in a great location. Probably wouldn't stay there again, though... I'm 30 years old and usually travel without parents, chaperones, or campground staff who act like them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linner44
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have a travel trailer, and usually camp at less developed campgrounds, and try to stay away from RV parks... but we came into Missoula and wanted to do some "city" things and not mess with finding a close-by site somewhere else. So, this review is trying to be open to the aspects of what a KOA/RV park. I will also say that I am a lightish sleeper, and get irritated by loud noise easily... but I also try to keep things in perspective, too.

Bad:

- The RV areas sites are VERY close together. Our 21 ft trailer almost got hit by the people's popout in the next site.

- The campground is next to the city school bus yard.. so you guessed it, on school days all those diesel engines warming up at 6 AM. We were very close to this side of the campground, so it probably wasn't as bad further away.

- a little pricey for not having sewer at the site... we did use the dump station on site.

- The campground sits close to the flight path of the Missoula Airport. It's surprising how many planes/small jets fly into this place.. and even late into the night. This probably bugged me the most.

- train ... as we found out on this trip across Montana and Idaho, trains are everywhere... and campgrounds seem to have a knack for being right next to train tracks. Well, I don't think the KOA was RIGHT next to one, but it was close enough to wake me up with the many horn blows thru the night.

-The pool was closed, and it was 90 degrees. I'll give a little bit of a break here, as it was just after Labor Day, and I realize many pools nationwide close after the holiday, largely because kids are back in school. The hot tub was open, but ti closed at 7PM, before dark. That was pretty lame.

Good:

-Even though the sites were close together, there were trees spaced at almost every site, giving the place a little less of that parking lot feel.

-Nice fenced in dog area

-clean, family friendly (no we don't have kids)

Overall, if you are staying at a KOA, you probably know what to expect. I think the noise was what caused me to give this a 3 instead of a 4. Otherwise, I'd still recommend staying here if you keep it in check.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mtnmanlives
Duvall, Washington
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed for three nights. Pool was wonderful, with a huge kids area. Super friendly staff, that keep the park and facilities very clean and tidy. So many things to do and so many ways to relax we hardly left the park! The location was great! Its in town, but hidden enough you wouldnt know it. This was nice as we did go to dinner and do some shopping and everything was super close. Excellent place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This campground was pretty large. They had a big camp store that serves a buffet breakfast in the morning. Our campsite was on grass with a fire pit/bench area, picnic table, & place to set/prepare your food away from the table. The bathrooms were clean.We enjoyed our stay here and would stay again if we ever pass through the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenksoccer21
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Missoula KOA is pretty big. Lots of options for camping and cabins. I enjoyed camping here and we decided to stay an extra night because our tent site was shady and mega cheaper than a hotel. The tent site pavilion was pretty handy and I recommend. It has nice grass and a covered area if it rains or you want shade.

• Stayed July 2012