“Amazing...”
Review of Caffe Dolce

Caffe Dolce
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Dolce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 291 Restaurants in Missoula
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beckwith
Description: HOURS OF OPERATION Monday-Thursday: 7 am to 9 pm Friday: 7 am to 10 pm Saturday: 8 am to 9 pm Sunday: 9 am to 2 pm Coffee Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Sunday Brunch Patio Seating in the warm months!
“Amazing...”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous atmosphere and amazing food! A little pricey for the amount of food you get, but totally worth it! Great coffee...mornings there are so relaxing. Especially on a sunny day :)

• Visited April 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about Dolce. I'm happy that you've enjoyed your mornings and coffee at Dolce. We care deeply about the ambiance we set, and the quality of everything we serve. If you ever have comments, ideas, or suggestions for us, don't hesitate to let me know.
peter@caffedolcemissoula.com

North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best soup and sandwiches”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This cafe has a warm inviting atmosphere. They have the best soup and sandwiches. There's always a great selection of soups served with wonderful fresh bread. Or you can have a great grilled cheese. Love this place. And great coffee.

• Visited May 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about Dolce. I'm grateful that your experience here was pleasing. If you ever have comments, ideas, or suggestions for us, don't hesitate to let me know.
peter@caffedolcemissoula.com
Missoula, Montana
“Great food, but pricey and small portions”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food here is very tasty indeed, which is just as well because the portions are small, the price is high and the service is closer to upscale-bar than restaurant. If you are not hungry and want to really enjoy the flavours, and you have plenty of money, this is a perfect choice.

• Visited December 2013
MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Reviewer: Thank you for dining at Dolce, and for taking the time to comment. I'm glad that you enjoyed your food. With regards to pricing, we do prioritize ingredient quality over quantity, be we are committed to value. We are passionate lovers of food, and hope that our sincerity is evident in all what we serve.
“Overpriced entrees”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Went here on a whim with my husband. It was just after 6 on a Friday night. Our mistake. Even though there were at least 20 tables empty we were asked if we had a reservation. We did not and were told it would be a while. We later found out they get very busy after 6 and have so many reservations they won't easily give up an empty table to walk-ins. We would have appreciated the waiter letting us know that. Food was good. Wait staff is always excellent. The reason for the '3' rating is the price of the food. Completely ridiculous. $28 for a small piece if cod? Really? It was just ok. The pasta was cheaper but just ok. The wine was $10 a glass. Will not go back here unless on a girls night out and that's the choice. I'd rather go to burns st bistro on a Friday or Saturday night. Amazing food with byo!! And it's prix fix for app through dessert.

MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Reviewer: Thank you for dining at Dolce and taking the time to write us about your experience. Please accept my apologies for areas where your experience fell short. Anything less than being blown away by your food, wine and service are unacceptable results for us. We anguish over menu ingredients and pricing; we prioritize choosing all wild-caught, fresh seafood and organic (local whenever possible) ingredient sources, and we are very sensitive to how this fits with our patrons' expectations. Whatever the price tier, value must come from a dish/wine being so moving, that expectations are exceeded. I regret that we did not deliver at this level for your party. If you are willing to give us another opportunity, we would like to treat your party to another evening. Please contact me peter@caffedolcemissoula.com if you are willing to give us another shot.
Missoula, Montana
“My Favorite Restaurant in Missoula Hands Down”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I can't report exactly what my companions had for dinner last night at this great place. I did see the server bring minestrone and beautiful plates of salads, breads with olive oil, and entrees, and I know there was nothing at all on the plates when the server returned for them. Granted, we were having a lot of distracting birthday-celebrating fun among ourselves, and the people at surrounding tables kept catching my attention with their cute babies and grannies. This is a very welcoming place for families, groups, and couples, and it puts everyone I know in a good mood. It's a lovely space, the servers know how to describe dishes accurately and appear at the right moment, and the food at any time of day is my favorite in town. Last night I had a very fresh, generously sized, and well dressed house salad--always good here--and pizza with a crispy crust, fresh mozzarella, tarragon, wild mushrooms, and truffle oil; the left-over pieces made a delicious lunch today. A friend sometimes calls this place "la dolce vita"; it makes sense to consider and savor the sweetness of life at Caffe Dolce.

• Visited March 2014