“Excellent food and service!”
Review of The Silk Road - CLOSED

The Silk Road
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I tried two dishes that were voted diner's choices for 2012, the Pad Thai and the spicy garlic eggplant. The Pad Thai wasn't remarkable, but it had a good flavor. The spicy garlic eggplant was delicious, with just the right amount of hot spice and garlic. The wine selection is excellent, too, but I tried one of the local brews - a bodacious bock from the Wildwood brewery in Stevensville, MT. The beer had an excellent taste. I went early, and it looks like the restaurant may get crowded at dinner (they open at 5 PM). I was given an opportunity to vote on new menu items, which I think is a nice option for a restaurant that changes its menu often.

1  Thank MMHouston

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant is easily the BEST in Missoula! I live in Missoula and try to eat here once a month, as the menu changes monthly. The food and menu is built on spices from different countries, and they are all unique and tasty! The atmosphere is nice and feels Middle Eastern to me with some bench seating and nice pillows. It just feels cozy in there and they take care of you like family. The plates are small and affordable and perfect to split with 2 people. Just about everything on the menu is wonderful, so I'll share some of my favorites. They do a salmon dish with a blood orange sauce, and they use dukkah spice with it... its absolutely to die for! I went for Valentines Day this year and had the deconstructed steak tartar... i will say it might have been the best dish I've EVER eaten. Served raw with a quail egg on top, with shaved truffles, micro arugula, and mustard seed. I thought i'd died and gone to heaven! The habanero mango sorbet is wonderful and they do an opera cake that is simply sinful. Turkish coffee with desert is a must... You have to eat here!

3  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Silk Road is an unexpected pleasure of the perfect use of spice to balance flavors that make your taste buds scream YES!. I have never had better food and I have spent my life traveling the world having food adventures. If you go to Missoula Montana make sure you take the time for dinner at The Silk Road so that you too can taste some of the best food in the world.

2  Thank Sue P
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Driving into Missoula, my traveling companion found Silk Road on Urban Spoon and Yelp. The restaurant had wonderful reviews. So, we made a reservation and showed up at the appointed hour with high hopes.

The place looked good and had a nice Cotes due Rhone wine special. The olives and humus to start were fine. But the food, once it arrived, was bland and without special taste or character, with the exception of the beef special, which had nice taste, texture and was appropriately spicy.

We will probably give the place another try. But based on what we expected, reinforced by the lovely decor, we were disappointed.

Hope it was an abberation.....

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a must if you are in Missoula, MT! The food is so delicious, the service is amazing and I just can't say enough about our experience!!