“Excellent food in an unpretentious atmosphere”
Review of The Silk Road - CLOSED

The Silk Road
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I visited the Silk Road with my wife yesterday, and we were just blown away by the food. Easily among the best restaurant we have ever been to (with the only differences that the other restaurants are easily 4 to 5 times as expensive) - the dishes were creative and interesting, sometimes the combinations were bold, but never in a bad way!

I was surprised that other reviewers have found the serving staff pretentious - this was absolutely not the case for us. On the contrary, the atmosphere was relaxed, and I have rarely experienced such prompt, courteous and friendly, but also unobtrusive and unpretentious service (since I suspect the owners are reading these reviews, our server was Gracie, and she was just awesome!). This was true not only for our server, but also for the barkeeper and three of the other servers with whom we interacted briefly.

We will definitely be back - also because their idea of exchanging menu items each month promises that things stay interesting.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was very surprised when I saw a poor review written about the Silk Road. My wife and I had A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE last Friday night and we'll be returning very soon! We were greeted warmly by numerous people upon entering the restaurant and then promptly seated upstairs since the downstairs portion of the restaurant was busy. We were there around two hours and the entire experience was enjoyable and relaxing. Our server was great, he was very knowledgable and his suggestions were spot on. The food was fantastic (try the lamb curry) and the wine list made me very happy (we bought a second bottle and took the remainder home). I would recommend the Silk Road to anyone who enjoys great food and professional service, two thumbs up!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Silk Road was lots of fun. We were there on a busy Saturday night and service was a bit erratic. The small plates came one a time with long waits in between. However, the atmosphere (including the waiter) was entertaining; the pita, abundant; and the food, very good. Our least favorite was the fried ravioli; our favorite, the lamb curry. For the three of us, we had five small plates and desert.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The idea of the Silk Road is to order a little something fo everything. You get a small portion plate filled with wonderful food from all over the world. It is a great and fun idea! UNFORTUNATELY THE SERVICE INSULTS THE THE FOOD AND THE IDEA. I have been in 8 times, 2 times i would have given them 5 stars. Sadly the service has made me feel more like an inconvience than welcomed. It seemed like everything i ordered was a hassel for my server. On two seperate visites the same server rolled his eyes at me making me feel stupid. He was annoyed i asked to keep my menus. Another visit i told my server i was stepping out for a minute and would be right back, when i came in my table was cleared including my barrly touched bottle of 60 dollar wine. . ANOTHER TIME I WAS BARKED AT BY A FEMALE SERVER FOR OVER HEARING A CONVERSATION TWO FEET AWAY FROM US... FYI....WE TOLD HER CONGRADULATIONS. I THINK THE ONLY TIME THE SERVERS SMILED OR ASKED ANY QUESTIONS WAS WHEN THEY DELIVERD THE BILL. THE ONLY REASON I WENT BACK WAS THE FOOD IS RIDICULOUSLY AWSOME! EVERY PLATE WAS BEAUTIFUL... I LEFT FULL AND FELT MY BILL IN THE END WAS WORTH IT! PAYING 20% TIP I DID NOT FEEL WAS WORTH IT. I AM NOT CHEAP I KNOW WHAT IS THE STANDARD. AND BECAUSE OF ALL THIS I CANT GO BACK. THE FOOD AND I ARE THE ONES BEING PUNISHED BECAUSE OF THE SERVICE.

EliseRisho, Owner at The Silk Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

It is our wish that every guest's experience at The Silk Road is not just good, but exemplary. We, at The Silk Road, are deeply concerned with circumstances such as you mentioned, and appreciate the candid nature of your message. It welcomes the opportunity to improve our entire guest experience, starting with our servers.

With sincerest gratitude for your message, we ask that you give us another chance.

We hope to serve you again soon.

Elise Risho
Co-Owner, The Silk Road

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Silk Road delivers interesting and fully flavored foods in a casual and entertaining manner. Our party of 8 sampled 30 items, several multiple times and all were beautifully presented and perfectly hot or cold as appropriate. I believe that all 8 of us liked all 30 dishes but argued over which was best -- my favorites were the lamb, crab, marinated filet. And our server, Gracie, was the perfect combination of efficient and friendly! Overall just great!!