“Unexpectedly nice”

FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is a reasonably priced mid-range hotel. Something that is very difficult to find in Missoula , Montana. Quiet room excellent for sleeping. Yes, the manager is exceptional-nice to deal with someone who truly understands Customer Service. Breakfast is basic but enough to get you started in the day. The location is good. Missoula is small enough that everything is just a few minutes away. I am making my next reservation there for an August event I am attending. So you may say, my money is where my mouth is, as I will be a returning customer and recommend that you be too... Cowboy Tim D.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim D
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Annie, our general manager, is outstanding and loves her job. Being friendly and helping them is her passion and it shows. Hope to see you in August.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Annie, the manager, is super friendly and is always smiling. It's nice to be greeted by someone with personality and a smile upon checking in. The lobby is very clean and inviting. The price is right and the location is great. Walmart, Applebee's and Pizza Hut are down the road. There's a casino next door and Cabela's will soon be opening right up the street. The breakfast is basic.. it's a continental but it does the job. We always stay in a King room and they are spacious, clean and quiet. We stay here every time we come to Missoula and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank crystal j
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed one night at the Guesthouse Inn. The lobby is very nice and was decorated beautifully for Christmas. Our room was clean with new carpet and nice bedding. It was a little noisy but not bad. Breakfast was fine. The lovely lady-manager, Anna, is so nice, warm and welcoming, as was her assistant. This is a place I would return to and will recommend to others. Very good value for the price. The service was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not next to the stairs and toward the back (north) of the hotel. They would...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Betty H
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

I love the Christmas season. It is so much fun to decorate the hotel for the holidays. Thanks for stopping in and we hope to see you soon

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed at this motel during a difficult time in life. My mother was dying and I stayed here for 2 weeks.

My room had new carpeting and a very comfortable bed. It was a very spacious end room. Although it faced the busy Highway 93, I heard very little noise from traffic.

The breakfast is fairly basic, but filling and balanced. Annie, the manager, is very personable as are all the staff I met.

Located on the South side of town, it is close to the shopping mall and Wal-Mart. Safeway Supermarket is across the street.

The price is right and the accommodations are quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Deanna N

We are very pleased to know that we helped in anyway we could during such an unfortunate time. Please come and stay with us anytime. You were such a pleasure to have and we would love to have you back

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We tried this place thinking it was better than the Super 8 nearby. It isn't. The price is right, they take pets and it is close to family. But, if you want something nicer, go elsewhere. Actually the beds are really comfortable in a sort of dirty room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank migibson
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have stayed at this property twice in the past two years. Had some troubling service experience on this trip.
1. The pillows are "half-sized" pillows. We requested additional pillows from the front desk, was told "no problem, I'll send those right up" - two days later, our additional pillows had still not arrived.
2. Our keys would quit working every day we stayed there. On the second night, after getting back to the room late, the front desk clerk had to come up to the room with us after trying unsuccessfully to burn us new keys, try a new second key herself, and then left us without any room keys for about 15 minutes before delivering a working set. She was very nice and embarrassed by the situation. After all of that, the keys seemed to only work about 50% of the time.
3. On day two, we had a "do not disturb sign" on the door for three hours during mid-day. We took the sign down and left for the day about 20 minutes after housekeeping had been on our floor. They did not come back and service the room at all, leaving us without toilet paper and clean towels. Had to visit the front desk at 6:00am the next morning to get toilet paper. Not a good situation.

Other than these service issues, the hotel was "ok" - room was fine, generally clean. It's a shame that they fell down so much on basic service. I would be very very hesitant to stay there again - I feel like our comfort, and our continued business, was not valued at all.

Oh, and the walls here are paper-thin. But that's to be expected at this price point, I suppose.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank selwaycrags
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

First off we want to thank you for staying with us. We do apologize for the pillows you requested that were not given to you. Sometimes when we get a little busy our staff can get a little sidetracked and that will never happen again. We are so sorry. Our keys are very sensitive to everything. Being around things like cell phones for example will demagnetize them and they will immediately stop working. We do try to do everything for the guests to get them in their rooms so they can relax. We are sorry to hear that your room didn't get serviced. When our housekeeping continues to clean their rooms, if they pass by a room with a "Do Not Disturb" they are supposed to go back at the end of the day to double check. This problem has been addressed to housekeeping and we have taken steps to make sure that this wont happen again. Thank you for writing us a review.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed one night on a road trip where I needed pet friendly. The fee was $10. Check in was quick and the clerk was helpful in that I asked about a bike trail I saw on the local map and he informed me it was further than it looked. The downside was this hotel was no where near I90 so we drove a ways into the city before coming upon the hotel.

My room, unfortunately, smelled like dog upon entering, although with my own, I can complain too much. Internet was fast enough. The sink is outside the door to the toilet/shower, which I appreciate.

Breakfast in the morning was tasty enough. Overall, I would look to stay somewhere else the next time I need to rest my head in Missoula.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family