“Staff was helpful but room was not clean”

FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Shelton, Washington
“Staff was helpful but room was not clean”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This motel has very nice staff, laundry was cheap and bed was comfortable. The furniture was in good condition and the room was generally comfortable. The main concern is the lack of cleanliness. The shower and tub surround had soap scum buildup from a very long time of neglect. The dust on the bedframe and carpet was very thick. The windows were filthy. Even the lobby needed to be vacuumed and cobwebs were hanging from the light fixtures.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Wow - thanks for letting me know of the issues that we need to work on. Thankfully, cleanliness is an item that we can fix tomorrow and will be fixed. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seattle
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here simply because it was in the price range I wanted. Next time I will spend the extra $20 and stay somewhere else. The front staff person was an uninterested college student who didn't know anything about where to eat, fun things to do etc.. He was more interested in getting back to the video he was watching on his computer.
The beds are really hard and the air conditioner struggled to keep the room cool. The breakfast was standard fare of donuts, breads, 2 cereals, hard boiled eggs.

Room Tip: It's hot on the 3rd floor in summer
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am devastated to hear that our staff was not eager to assist. They are usually outstanding. Our breakfast does consist of hot waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, donuts, English muffins, cereal and oatmeal. All mattresses are only three years old and are Quality Serta sleepers pillow top.

Travelers are raving about these Missoula hotels

Oregon
Reviewed July 2, 2013

First, the staff here were great. The lobby is clean and set up very nicely. Then, the cleanliness changed once walking down hallway to my room. The hallway carpet was 'flat' and dark in center from dirt. Then, I walked into my room. There was a smell which I couldn't identify, yet didn't notice after awhile. CONS: 1) Carpet was almost a 'wet' although there were no visitble stains. I could not walk on it without shoes - even to change clothes; 2) Bathroom floor had a yellow residue (like pee around a toilet) around base of the wall. Yuck! Then the baseboard was also separated from the wall with dust balls hanging out of it. PROS: 1) Staff were terrific and helpful; 2) Room large; 3) Furniture is good condition and comfortable; 4) Breakfast had biscuits and gravy. Looking at other reviews I see cleanliness as the main concern and wonder why the management doesn't take this seriously? With the comments on their terrific staff - he could raise the rating of this establishment tremendously and, certainly, make more money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PM97303
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
At the time of your stay we were shampooing some of our rooms carpets. I'm very sorry to hear that it was not dry in time for you when you checked in. We have recently had a meeting that we do once a month to compare our housekeeping's strengths and weaknesses and I am confident that our rooms are a lot better now that we have addressed some issues. Our housekeeping staff pride themselves on cleanliness as well as great customer service. We hope to see you soon. Thank you
Asotin, WA
Reviewed June 9, 2013

After an 8 day stay in an hotel from hell that was only a block away from this property I was incredibly pleased to be booked into the Guest House by my company for the return trip through Missoula. The Manager Annie was an absolute delight, she put me in a nice room that had a microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker. The bed was a big king that I slept like a baby in and overall the entire hotel was clean which means a lot to me. The log furniture isn't conductive to sit in for a long period of time, so I asked Annie if she had a spare office chair I could use since I'd be typing reports for hours. She pulled a nice desk chair out and had maintenance take it to my room, let me tell you that kind of customer service makes me remember where I want to stay!!!

I work as an inspector for insurance companies and am into many hotels not only to inspect but also because I am on the road four days a week on a average. This hotel is certainly a find, the price was right and the staff well trained and accommodating. I guarantee I'll be back!

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk about your needs, I did!! I needed quite and good internet and got both (exce...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that your stay was exceptional. It makes us feel great to know that our hard work and dedication has paid off. Hope to see you soon and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
McCall, Idaho
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We recently attended a convention and stayed 4 nights. Our group was large and the staff handled it well even providing maps and directions for those of us who had never been to Missoula. Every single employee we encountered was helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. We appreciated the mini fridge and microwave. Annie, the manager, took the initiative to make certain that we had a pleasant stay and I have no doubt that HAD there been any problems she would have handled them quickly. We would definitely stay here again. (The reason for a 4 out of 5 has nothing to do with them...they strive for excellence)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
When we know we are going to have a group in, we like to prepare for anything and everything to provide the best possible service we can offer from breakfast down to the rooms. Annie is absolutely wonderful and loves what she does. We do appreciate your stay and hope to see you guys soon.
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our room was not clean. My wife moved the night stand to plug in her cell phone charger and found food, dirt, lint, and wrappers behind the night stand. The bath towels were very worn and smelled like bleach. The bathroom walls were in poor condition. The stairwell looked like it was last vacuumed several weeks ago. Bring your own pillow. The pillows are very small and offer little to no support. We will never return.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Im so sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. We were able to conduct a housekeeping meeting to correct these things to not only keep our hotel clean but enjoyable and memorable for our guests. Hopefully we will see you in the near future so we can demonstrate the true meaning of Hospitality.
Post Falls ID
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Traveling with our car club and spent the night here. Were welcomed by a nice young man, Sid, who was very proessional.

The room was very nice with a coffee maker, microwave and small fridge. Everything was very clean and the beds were comfortable.

General Manager, Annie, was a treat to meet and talk too as well.

Would highly recommend even though it is somewhat far off the freeway - it's worth it to save the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends