“Basic Hotel at a Basic Price”

FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I found this hotel to be quiet, clean, comfortable and very affordable. My room was nothing fancy and the bathroom was small, but the hotel was an excellent value. Breakfast was basic but included cereal, biscuits & gravy and even waffles. I would definitely stay here again as paying $100 or more for a "new" or "luxury" hotel does not appeal to me. I just need a decent place to stay and the GuestHouse Inn seemed to be just that.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are quieter. Also there are several remodeled rooms available that w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dlh867

Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Paid 180 for 2 days in this dump. Halls are dingy and needed paint/drywall work 10 years ago. The rooms are small and pretty basic with tube type TVs and wall heaters. It was a busy weekend in town and we're lucky to have a room, but there is zero value here. Towels and bedding are also gross. Usually you can get a Hampton or Hilton room for $110 ... So plan better than I did!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Wootnakka
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Oh yes, U of M Graduation Weekend, it is a busy weekend for Missoula. Although our room prices were a little higher than average, I can assure you that the above hotels mentioned were at least $60.00 higher than us in which we try to keep that spread at all times. We will double check our towels to make sure we are offering the best and comparable to our competitors within the same price range. Our hotel underwent a complete renovation two years ago with new carpet, bedding, bed, and office chairs. Being a former Quality Inn, we have very high standard Quality Serta Sleepers to ensure a good nights rest. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Customer service is pretty good. The hotel doesn't offer much. Old Tv, stained bedding and towels. Breakfast was terrible. Old coffee and day old gravy. Honestly doesn't come up to nothing more than just a roof over your head at night at a cheaper price than most hotels. It looked like more money went into updating the furniture in the lounge than into the comfort of the rooms. First impression is pretty good but once you get into your room, it's a big disappointment. And I noticed the hotel manager's name was Annie Puetz, something to that extent. Note the reviewer listed below.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Thank you for leaving a comment regarding our hotel. I am sorry our hotel did not meet your specifications. Our beds are only one year old, our furniture is three years old, carpet is one year old and lobby is brand new. We do not have a lounge on property. Our breakfast serves fresh coffee and juice each morning along with biscuits and gravy, waffles, bagles, muffins, English muffins, wheat bread, cereal assortment, variety of fresh fruit and yogurt. We changed our hotel name from the Quality Inn to the GuestHouse Inn & Suites last July 2011 to conduct a new marketing strategy. Our rates at this time also lowered by $20 due to saving on Franchise fees therefore passing it on to the customer, therefore in no way could this hotel be another Super 8, not with Quality Inn's and GuestHouse International's standards.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

The room was clean, and comfortable enough. Furnishings were old and the shower had little pressure. Service was fine.

The hotel is quite out of the way from the interstate, and not near much of anything interesting, as far as I can tell.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tamaya73
CinthiaR, Director of Sales at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Hello and Thank you for taking the time to write. I am sorry about your room feeling old. We are almost done with all of our room do overs but you must have gotten one that is not. Ihope you will stop back by and try us again and see our updates. The next time you are in town please ask our front desk, they can give you all the information on things to do On our end of town. There is the mall, many restuarants, Movie Theater, Ice Rink( with hockey in the winter to watch) we are just 7 minutes to the little town of Lolo that has The Sweets barn you can stop into on your way to the HotSprong that are only 40 minutes from our hotel.
Thakn you for staying and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Very clean and confortable. Front desk was very polite and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
CinthiaR, Director of Sales at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write. Im very pleased you enjoyed your stay and very happy you liked our front desk personel. They al lwork very hard to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay. Thank you again and We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Our agent was late getting a reservation in this city because of circumstances out of her control, and as a result, she booked me here. As far as a basic hotel goes this one was just fine. I asked for extra coffee in my room and for sheets not to be changed. Sheets were changed and extra coffee was not to be found. The breakfast was as you would expect for standard continental fare, so no complaints there. The bed was firm and comfortable but I was able to hear the person in the room next to me snoring loud enough to make sleeping difficult. I don't know if it was just that loud or if the walls were thin. Service was about average, and for the cost of rooms, about what I would expect. What would set this apart from other hotels in this class would be the comfort of the beds. I had the king size, and if the other beds are as comfortable, then this would set it above the rest. The room I had was spacious and even sported a small love seat that was quite comfortable. The decor was rustic with a country home feel that was initially a bit off putting, but grew on me by the end of the day.

One last note: The in room coffee is awful, so I would wait to get coffee from the dining area.

Room Tip: The king is my only experience.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
CinthiaR, Owner at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for writing and letting us know about your experience. We have a new staff and are trying to get everyone up to par on their training. With this said, we will make sure all request are followed through with from this point on. I too love our beds! We have comments on them all the time. Our Hot Waffle breakfast also has fixings for a egg snadwich (egg mcmuffin), I hope next time you will try it out.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

We recently stayed at the Guesthouse Inn, Suites and Conference Center in Missoula on our way to Yellowstone Park.

The facility was nice, clean and updated. The rooms had plenty of room and the bathrooms were nicely appointed.

The desk clerk was nice at checkin and checkout.

Overall a great place to stay. Rates were great.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a fridge they do have them but you may need to ask for one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

I am so very gald you were so happy with your stay. I love to be able to show our staff that they are doing well. We have only owned the Hotel for a few months and with a new staff its nice to know they are doing great. With your next stay, if you would like a firge please ask about our business Rooms. They are not much more and give you a Desk, Recliner, microwave and frige.

Thank you again for writing and we hope to see you soon.