“Best hotel experience I've had in Montana”

StoneCreek Lodge Missoula
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We have meetings at hotels throughout the Northwest and are generally happy with most of them. This hotel however, goes above and beyond. We have used it on numerous occasions now for both extended stays and for the use of their meeting rooms and have been treated very well each time. The facilities are beautiful and the location is very convenient to both the Interstate and the airport. We will happily use this hotel exclusively in the future.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
19  Thank 1SGKAP

Reviewed December 28, 2010

Stayed here for Christmas with my wife. This is the nicest hotel we have ever been to in Missoula and we have been to a lot of them. The hotel is classy, the rooms are unbelievably huge. They are not your standard hotel room, they are spacious and comfortable. Speaking of comfort, the beds are out of this world. As far as hotels go, they are great. Might be the best bed at any hotel I've stayed in. They are pillow top matresses and are just absolutely great, thats all there is too it. My room looked as if it were brand new. My wife loved the decor and it just felt very nice to stay there. In the morning they have a nice buffet breakfast that worked out great for us. Hot sausage, eggs, etc. We enjoyed it. The pool and spa were very nice too. The front desk told us that was a mineral pool which is supposed to be better for your skin. I will be honest, I could actually tel the difference once I was finished. We didn't have that chlorine smell that you always have at pools, it was a nice change of pace. So overall, the Hawthorn Suites in Missoula is just fantastic. Great night of sleep combined with a comfortable atmosphere equals a super weekend in Missoula. I'm glad I was recommended to this place!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
20  Thank JLeleven
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed at this hotel from August 8 to Nov 4, 2010 and I have one really big observation (negative) that outweighs all the positives....the walls between rooms are paper-thin. I have listened to many phone conversations from neighbors left & right, but even worse is the TV volume. Right now, as I'm writing this review it's 11:15pm and the room next to me has the TV blasting so loud I can't possibly sleep. I am a travel medical professional working at the hospital and I need to work in the morning. I went to bed at 10pm but it's after 11pm and I'm still wide awake. The hotel front desk can't or won't do anything. I've tried banging on the wall to no avail.

The really frustrating part is this: the hotel census (occupancy) is 22 out of a possible 200+. Every morning at breakfast I inquire about the occupancy levels. Several nights ago, the"Brady Bunch with ADHD" occupied the room adjacent with screaming children until well after midnight.

You must ask "why would you put a huge family with young children in a room adjacent to a long-term traveler that needs sleep?" The obvious answer is: they didn't think!

I had intended to return to this area for a personal vacation with my wife, I can tell you I would not & will not stay at this hotel if I'm paying the tab.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is a very quiet Hotel. The rooms are new and very spaceous. They have some type of quest nite each Wed. & Thurs. and they cater to your every need. I plan to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
18  Thank 52wibaux
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Wow - what a bargain! The Hawthorn was "VERY" comfortable. Had the most wonderful beds and pillows! (Would have loved to take them home!) Had a Jr. Queen Room for one night - room was clean. Had a great full breakfast. No pets allowed and 100% non-smoking - so that's a big plus to us. Laundry room available. Only improvement would be a King-size bed instead of Queens - but not a problem. Microwave/frig and sofa. This Hawthorn was our favorite stay by far in our 2 week road-trip. Would definitely recommend and we would stay again. This was probably the best find in Missoula (particularly given the prices of the other lodging.)

• Stayed: September 2010
16  Thank TXLuv2Travel
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed one night and room couldn't have been better. Room was huge, with couch/sitting area as well as fridge and microwave. Excellent breakfast with hot and cold selection. Handy for the airport too.
Only downside is it's a bit from downtown and there are no restaurants nearby but it's an easy and short drive to either downtown or Reserve Street, which had loads of eating options.
Would stay there again if I was back in Missoula.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
17  Thank AScotsmanAbroad
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Fantastic studio room with kitchenette and lounge area. All new, clean and comfortable.
Reception staff friendly and helpful. Small shop in lobby for essentials.
Good location just off I-90. Quiet, little noise from neighbours or outside traffic.
Good breakfast selection.