“Impressed”

StoneCreek Lodge Missoula
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Had an early morning flight, so stayed the night here. Fairly new hotel near the airport, rooms are huge, quiet and clean, bed was comfy, staff friendly. There was appetizers that night free to guests, but I didn't try them since I ate before I arrived. It was nice to have Shuttle service to the airport in the morning (though I did have to wait about 5 minutes for the driver to show up). They let me keep my car parked there, so I was able to avoid the airport parking fees. When I returned they were very prompt picking me up at the airport. I would definitely stay here again if I have an early flight out!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
13  Thank MTRose

Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed at Hawthorn Suites for 3 days on my way from Seattle to Minneapolis. Absolutely great, everything about it was fantastic. I slept extremely well and their breakfast was very good. The hot tub was huge! I recommend!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
16  Thank hankthetank12
Reviewed March 5, 2010

It is decorated nice, gives you the rustic montana man feel. But the managment really need to work on not focusing so much on look as much as they do the staff. They made my stay in missoula quite uncomfortable like I wasnt welcome or I was below them. The rooms were very nice, but the maids need a class on cleaning and how to treat human beings. The location is far from anything except the air port which was nice. The hot tub seemed very dirty and kinda burned my skin (weird)... I might try a different hotel next time im in town for sure. BTW the breakfast was great but its the same every morning. BLA!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
8  Thank tara1990123
Reviewed February 7, 2010

We stayed for almost two weeks - and I got to learn my way around Missoula and the Hawthorn. Best feature - quiet. Second best feature - the Big Sky brewery across the street. What I will remember is sitting in the whirlpool and looking out of the window at the front door of the Big Sky brewery across the street. Great beer; if you stay here and even like beer, this is a must have.

The most significant element of the trip was the great folks at the Hawthorn. Nice as they could possibly be, everyone treated us like we were the kind of people they wanted staying there. Morning breakfasts were mundane, but filling, however they were HOT and free.

Every time I approached the front desk, they approached the interaction with the goal of trying to find out how to please me. It was surprising and wonderful, for a guy from the Washington DC area - quite refreshing.

The town of Missoula is about seven or eight minutes away on the interstate, and while I was concerned about the proximity to the airport, there was never an issue with aircraft noise. Peaceful and quiet, always - very serene.

BTW, it didn't hurt that it was very inexpensive.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
19  Thank Russ5328
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We stayed here for 9-days over Christmas and had a wonderful time. The hotel is conveniently located close to the Airport and also the Interstate for easy acsess to all major roads in town. The continental breakfast was a great was to start the morning and everyone we incountered in the hotel was great. We would definently stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
18  Thank dirod
Reviewed November 11, 2009

This was a wonderful place to stay. The room was spacious and had all the amenities. There was a refrigerator and microwave and a seperate sitting room away from the bed area. The bath was beautiful and spacious and had a nice tub and shower with lots of water pressure and plenty of towels. The room was fresh and clean, had a large flat screen tv and wireless internet access. The hot breakfast each morning had lots of selections and was delicious. This hotel has everything you could want and the staff was wonderful. They recommended great places to eat and were helpful in helping us numerous times. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
17  Thank Mary Lou F
Reviewed November 11, 2009

This hotel is very nice, the rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The complementary breakfast was great, we were impressed to have it served on actual dinnerware, no paper plates and plastic forks! When shopping around for other hotels in Missoula, this one was by far the best value for what quality it was. The Bath and Body Works soaps, etc were a nice touch too. We were so impressed that we ended up staying an extra night!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple