“Inconsiderate owner”

Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Post Falls, Idaho
“Inconsiderate owner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

First, this is NOT in any way a lodge. It's a former Hawthorne Suites, and the term "suites" is a stretch at best. The new owner has the arrogance to paint "Missoula's Finest Hotel!" on his company van. So, what is this place, a lodge or a hotel?? Well, it's neither. Its a motel and an average one at best. It's not even the best on Airway Blvd, let alone in Missoula. The room was just okay. We had three complaints: The window was permanently blocked from opening more than a few inches, the sound insulation between rooms was inadequate (we could hear someone coughing in the next room, and the queen bed had only one night stand and accompanying lamp The room was plenty large enough to accommodate night stands and lamps on both sides.... The breakfast was almost mediocre, what you'd expect at a mid-priced chain motel.... But what I fail to understand is an owner's insensitivity by insisting on imposing his radical political beliefs upon all his customers by forcing feeding them Fox News during breakfast. When I asked the front desk clerk, assistant general manager Casie Reich, if she would change the channel to a station that did not have a political agenda, I was told that the owner had the television locked on Fox News and that she could not change it. To her credit, she used her good common sense and understanding of what customer service actually means and did the what she could to temporarily resolve the situation. She turned off the television. This place has a narrow minded, confused owner who desperately needs to learn from his hired help.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank brianwindham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I landed up staying here in the Executive Suite because of an issue at another hotel I had booked through Expedia. (Expedia was awesome as they paid for the difference in rates). Normally I would not have booked the Executive Suite but wow was it nice.

It was huge with a separate living room and kitchen area complete with a bar area, full-size refrigerator, two burner cook top and microwave. The bathroom area was even bigger and probably too big. The shower was so large it could have had two or three shower heads but alas it only had one. In the living room area, there was a good-sized working desk plus lots of comfortable seating where I could work.

The bedroom was also very roomy but the bed itself was very high off the ground. I felt a bit like the princess and the pea! It was comfy though. The downside was the room was right beside the garbage bin and at 6 in the morning I was woken up by the truck coming to clear the garbage.

Unfortunately I did not get to try the breakfast which was included in the price. It was very busy and all the tables were taken but it sure smelt good. Instead I grabbed a yogurt and headed back to the room to have coffee.

I'd definitely stay at the Stonecreek Lodge again. It's a bit far from the centre of the city (it's by the airport) but there are stores and restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
12 Thank garagebroker
Red Bluff, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We liked this hotel. We usually don't stay in independents, but this one had good reviews so we gave it a try. It was clean the room was big and the bed was good. It had a couch and a chair with lots of left over room. The staff was also nice and helpful. They had a good breakfast and nice breakfast room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Corkygirl
Darby, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

From the outside you get that nostalgic feel for Montana and the rooms are not all that bad except for a couple of issues.
1. The television is located on the wall that divides the bath sink area and the entrance, there is no swing arm so you can only see it from one chair in the room ( forget sitting at the work area and glancing at the tv to catch something on the tube ) well unless you feel like doing a remodel during your stay. If you want to watch TV while in bed ( me I like to fall asleep watching the tv when I travel ) bring a heating pad for the sore neck you are going to get.
2. The shower heads are the kind where you get misted on ( I had better showers in the transient tents in Bagram AB than I did here )
Over all the beds were comfortable and I did not get any noise from the hall or parking lot. But with the set-up of the rooms there is nothing special that would call me back to this property

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gunnar O
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very clean and quiet hotel. Stayed there for 2 nights and we had a great room. Two rooms with a kitchen. We were all comfortable. The girls enjoyed the pool and after walking all day on the campus we were tired and the beds were great! Breakfast buffet in the mornings was just enough and the quality was good. We will definitely be back. Prices were reasonable. Looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
15 Thank Carol I
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

At arrival we were greeted by a not so happy staffer... got to our room and it was clean and seemed workable... one of the very strange things about our room was the position of the tv and the inability to tilt it out or anything. The position it was in meant it needed a swinging arm got either the bed or living area a decent viewing. Breakfast was ok.

I guess for the price I was expecting more and with the experience it would be unlikely I would go back.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Steve B
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The StoneCreek Lodge is a new hotel with very nice decor which echos's the theme of Missoula and Montana as a whole. Checking in was ok but my first impression was that this hotel not have enough staff. I walked up to the front desk and a sign was the first to greet me. I was informed that the front desk personnel "would be back shortly". I stood at the dest for about 2 minutes until someone in the back asked if I was being helped. After telling him I was not being helped, he went to find someone. I stood another 2 minutes until one person arrived to check me in.

The decor in this hotel is beautiful and tastefully done. Elevators work well and for a Saturday night, and with the parking lot more than half full, it is quiet.

The room is nice - arranged differently than I have ever seen in any hotel I have stayed at. It is shaped in a U with a kitchenette dividing the bath area.

I was the most disappointed in the TV. It is on a small wall that faces one chair. It does not extend out nor does it turn. Anyone sitting on the couch or lying on the bed has a very difficult time seeing the TV. The picture quality is not good either - passable for watching, but with "snow" in every picture on every channel.

We used "booking.com" and got the room for 93.00 without taxes and fees. If the TV would have been more viewer friendly, I would have rated this hotel at the highest. But this really irritates me and I want to give it a "good" rating instead of a "very good" because for people like my husband and I who don't use the pool, we depend on TV viewing for our entertainment. However, because this hotel is situated near the airport and near good shopping, AND because it does offer nice ammenities, I feel it is only fair to upgrade the rating.

This will be our only time at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple