Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Fishing trip for 3 days

We had 3 great days of float fishing on the Blackfoot, Clark Fork and the west fork of the... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2017
R2063NLwilliams
via mobile
Doug Jones is an expert guide and Missoula is the place for trout fishing

Reviewed June 15, 2017
Don29205

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2017

We spent two days with Doug on the Blackfoot and Bitterroot West Fork. This guy knows the rivers and he is very good with weekend fisherman who enjoy the sport but are far from experts. Hiring a good guide makes all the difference for a successful fishing experience. He has the boat, the truck, all the tackle, and above all the knowledge of where to go and how to fish the many rivers in the Missoula area. He is a real pleasure to spend time with as well.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed April 5, 2017

Doug Jones consistently deliver amazing experiences on Montana's best fisheries. Incredibly skilled and knowledgeable, Doug is equally great with beginners, to the most seasoned anglers....and everyone in between. He is my "go to" guide when fishing the great state of Montana and I highly recommend that you give Clear Creek Outfitters a shot. You won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed April 4, 2017

I've been fishing with Doug Jones of Clear Creek Outfitters for the past 5 years. We fished the most productive stretches of the Bitterroot, the Blackfoot, and the Clark Fork. Doug knows his business. He is one of the best guides I have been out with anywhere. I consider myself an intermediate fly fisher. What that translates to is that Doug has to probably tie on many more flies for me than the average person and/or help navigate the birds nests that I somehow seem to be most adept at creating. Never a complaint from Doug. He's a good person and provides a quality service. You may not catch fish every time you go out...it is fishing not catching ... but you will have a good time!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed April 4, 2017

I have fished with Doug Jones and Clear Creek on two different occasions. The experience was fantastic. Doug has great knowledge of the rivers and great respect for the ecology and area he calls home. I am a novice fly fisherman and Doug is very patient and well humored when it comes to tangled lines and flies in the back of his neck. Blackfoot, Bitter Root and Missouri Rivers were all amazing. He is professional and well respected. Boats and gear are in great shape.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

I've been out with Doug in early and late spring, summer, and fall. There is more fishing available in his area than you can fish in a full week. Always a pleasure hanging out and learning/experiencing the day on the river with him. My wife and kids have all spent multiple trips in the past few years with Doug and I find him hands down the most enjoyable guide for all skill levels I have run into. I highly recommend Doug and Clear Creek Outfitters for anyone of any skill level to contact him in the Missoula and Craig areas of MT.

Eric Candelaria

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Eric C
americanangler, Owner at Clear Creek Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Thanks for making us your choice for Missoula Guided fly fishing so many times. Not only do we appreciate you business, but also your friendship. I remember everyone of those fish and days except maybe one!!. Hope you guys had a good winter..