Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Fishing trip for 3 days

We had 3 great days of float fishing on the Blackfoot, Clark Fork and the west fork of the... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2017
R2063NLwilliams
via mobile
Incredible

Doug is fantastic. Had never been fishing before but was really happy I met Doug and had the... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2017
yehudah19
Los Angeles, California

All reviews clark fork jones fishing blackwood guide
Reviewed April 4, 2017

I've been fishing with Doug Jones of Clear Creek Outfitters for the past 5 years. We fished the most productive stretches of the Bitterroot, the Blackfoot, and the Clark Fork. Doug knows his business. He is one of the best guides I have been out with anywhere. I consider myself an intermediate fly fisher. What that translates to is that Doug has to probably tie on many more flies for me than the average person and/or help navigate the birds nests that I somehow seem to be most adept at creating. Never a complaint from Doug. He's a good person and provides a quality service. You may not catch fish every time you go out...it is fishing not catching ... but you will have a good time!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed April 4, 2017

I have fished with Doug Jones and Clear Creek on two different occasions. The experience was fantastic. Doug has great knowledge of the rivers and great respect for the ecology and area he calls home. I am a novice fly fisherman and Doug is very patient and well humored when it comes to tangled lines and flies in the back of his neck. Blackfoot, Bitter Root and Missouri Rivers were all amazing. He is professional and well respected. Boats and gear are in great shape.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

I've been out with Doug in early and late spring, summer, and fall. There is more fishing available in his area than you can fish in a full week. Always a pleasure hanging out and learning/experiencing the day on the river with him. My wife and kids have all spent multiple trips in the past few years with Doug and I find him hands down the most enjoyable guide for all skill levels I have run into. I highly recommend Doug and Clear Creek Outfitters for anyone of any skill level to contact him in the Missoula and Craig areas of MT.

Eric Candelaria

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Eric C
americanangler, Owner at Clear Creek Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Thanks for making us your choice for Missoula Guided fly fishing so many times. Not only do we appreciate you business, but also your friendship. I remember everyone of those fish and days except maybe one!!. Hope you guys had a good winter..

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Hard working guides. Go above and beyond to make the trip great. Well suited for beginners and advanced anglers. Fish multiple rivers.

Date of experience: September 2016