“Well, when you bring a new baby along...”
Review of Uptown Diner

Uptown Diner
Ranked #92 of 298 Restaurants in Missoula
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 2, 2012

...the already good service by the staff turns phenomenal.

Grandma and daughter had been in the house all week with the six week old baby girl.. When the traveling Grandpa (and assistant Grandpa) called and suggested a luncheon meeting at an old family favorite, the "shut-ins" readily agreed.

The old guys were holding down a booth, reading the newspaper, drinking the very good coffee, and were treated well by the staff - who may have been wondering if we were actually going to produce some manner of business, as we WERE taking up some prime space during lunch. Then, the three-generation-parley of ladies arrived!!

The waitresses responded with brio. Smiles, laughs, and just bubbled with goodness (I thought they made a roster, so they could all visit with the baby, a couple of times, without appearing
pushy). It was a cold, blustery day - so soups seemed in order. They were pungent, rich, and delicious. The club sandwichs (for the ladies) were reported as "lip-smacking" good - and too big to consume in one sitting, and made a tasty lunch the next day. The old guys tried the varieties of burgers - come on, its a diner - and they were equal to everyone else's meal. We deliberately varied the order - one guy with fries, the other with onion rings - and both were so good, we ended up sharing the bounty. The aforementioned excellant coffee kept being magically refilled in my cup, not without my noticing, but not having to ask, either.

Parking in downtown, busy, Missoula wasn't a problem for either set of diners, and we found that we had 1" left on the parking meter of the 2'00' worth of change we had plunked in. That's when we realized that we hadn't just had a great meal, we had shared a fun, family outing - one that we didn't want to hurry, and the Uptown Diner wasn't averse to sharing it with us.

NO more "fast food" lunches for me in Missoula - I have a place in mind, and the next thing on the menu I'm waiting to try.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Missoula landmark with diner ambiance and great diner food. Friendly place. Parking can be a challenge.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've been coming to the uptown for over 15 years. It's a great little Missoula landmark and the staff is amazing (specifically Linda!). My kids enjoy the food and it's a great special place to take them for diner food and an ice cream treat.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

What a great 50's diner, and they do have the best milkshakes. My husband had the special of the day, huckleberry, and it was excellent. The rest of us had strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate, and they were fabulous too.
We had several entrees: meatloaf sandwich, hamburger, and homemade tomato soup. Each of were happy with our selections, and it tasted like good homemade food.
The wait staff are very friendly, and our food was served in a timely manner.
Just a fun place to eat with good food.
Would definitely recommend to people visiting Missoula.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Good food, great milkshakes. A real treat for lunch.

Been to Uptown Diner? Share your experiences!