“Great Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Butte, Montana
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I love this place. Has great food, reasonable prices, and great service and atmosphere. All the very spicy dishes are well marked on the menu.

Visited November 2011

Missoula, Montana
“****ing Gross”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Avoid this place as if it was infected with plague... it may be actually. Absolutely, completely totally disgusting, inedible and ****ing gross. $12 an up for a greasy pile of unidentifiable chunks of meat and vegetables. Regardless of what you order it will taste like cheap beef gravy. The peanut sauce is literally made out of peanut butter, no joke. This place is open on weekends from 11pm to bar closing. So basically, they are in business because the majority of their customers are too blitzed to know a cow **** from a hot pocket.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Deacon F
“Will not go back.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Would not consider this place "thai". Just Asian blah. Portion size the smallest I've seen in any Asian restaurant. Had to pick something esle up after I ate cause I was still starving. The owner or manager was chumming up with the food guy a couple of booths away. You could hear them throughout the restaurant. Anyway won't be back

1 Thank crudthug
Bozeman, MT
“Dirty atmosphere, bland food and no life”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We went to Thai Spicy on the recommendation from a friend who had been there about four years ago. He said it was great food, but not to expect anything from the atmosphere. We did not check trip advisor before we made the decision to go and wish we had.

When we walked in on a Saturday night at about 7:30, we expected to have a wait. The location is right downtown and restaurants around Thai Spicy were busy. There were five other people at two tables in there. That was probably our first warning. When we sat down, I quickly looked up the listing on tripadvisor and told the group. One of our friends said the reviews I read and the condition of the ceiling when he looked up should have been enough to leave (the ceiling was full of dust), but we decided to give it a chance.

The prices were higher than we expected for what we had experienced so far. There were way too many items on the menu as well. The server told us the special for the evening and forgot to ask if we wanted drinks before she walked away. She was very nice, but not a great server. We got our soup very quickly, so we can say that the service was speedy. However, the quality lacked. It was bland. Next up were the entrees. Based on someone else's review, I ordered the Kang Karee (a picture is uploaded). It had a very mayonnaisey taste and looked almost like mac and cheese. It had no flavor. I added some spice, but it didn't help. One of our friends ordered the Egg Foo Young, which looked like brown pancakes, but he enjoyed it. My husband ordered some chicken dish that was recommended by the server and he said it was ok. Everyone else had the same review of the food...poor.

What capped off the disappointing evening was the bill. For six of us to eat each of us having ordered a beer, soup and the main dish, it was $140. I would have paid about $30 for all of us to eat what we had and thought you get what you paid for, but no more than that.

I would highly not recommend eating here. We didn't get to try the other Thai restaurant in town, but our favorite restaurant was Biga Pizza, which was right down the street. It was awesome!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank mtishome
Victor, Montana
“Delicious, fast, awesome flavors”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My family and I eat here fairly often. Three of us have been to Thailand and we loved the food. This food IS Thai food. Many choices, reasonable prices, plenty of tables. Parking can be a problem, but that is how it is in downtown Missoula.

Visited February 2012