“Fabulous Historic Bar”

Montana Bar
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Miles City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Stopped for lunch and really enjoyed the historic bar. Lunch was great particularly the fbeer batter fries. Service was great even though the cook lost our order and it took a long time.

1  Thank gshore

Reviewed August 22, 2014

But we felt like this was the real deal and had some history. Food was okay, as were drinks. Friendly service. Not much to the menu. But the highlight of the evening for us was going out on Main Street, standing in front of the city's live cam and then texting friends to look at us. That was fun, and you have to look for fun here. Sorry Miles City, it's just that I'm a big city girl!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Montana Bar is a MUST SEE for anyone interested in local lore and history or looking for a bit of the old West watering hole.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Arrived in Miles City after hrs and looked for a place with western flair. Went down to the Montana Bar and totally enjoyed the locals and the atmosphere.
Definitely a place to stop and relax in Miles City Mt.

1  Thank jqbigguy
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nine months prior to a class reunion this steakhouse was booked for the main dinner. The owner is a member of the class having the reunion and personally guaranteeds the use of the restaurant. A week before the reunion people were being told there was no dinner being held there. I personally spoke with a woman who told me she was the manager. She called the owner and called me back and verified the dinner was set for the reunion. The next night John Leidholt called me and said there was no way in hell we were having the dinner there. He said HE was the manager. It was too late to change the dinner plans. People arrived and found that John and Brenda Leidholt had reserved the biggest tables down the middle of the restaurant for other people for dinner. They put a large part of the reunion group at tall bar tables in the back of the bar. When the waitresses spoke to me they said they were really sorry. They knew about the reunion. They didn't understand why John and Brenda were doing this. John spoke to me when no one else was able to hear and was very rude. I left. As I walked out of the restaurant he followed me and said he could put some people in booths in the bar. I turned and said I only had one question for him. I asked him when the tables we were not allowed to use were reserved. He said he didn't know. I said that I could guarantee it wasn't several months ago like my reservation. I left.
The waitresses did try to make up for it. The food was ok. But I will never eat there and will never recommend the steakhouse to anyone again. Oh..and the owner never bothered to show up.

5  Thank MontanaMonkette