“Disgusting....”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Miles City
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Disgusting....”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I intially had a reservation to stay at the Motel 6 in Miles City on my way home from a trip to Montana, but when I saw the Motel 6 I changed my mind; too much concrete and no grass to walk my dog. I cancelled my reservation and went down the road to the Super 8. BIG MISTAKE.

I knew it from the moment I walked into the lobby. I felt like I had gone back in time to the 70's and was entering a hotel that even back than was old. This place needs to be bull dozed. It reeked of smoke, everything was old and outdated; they couldn't even run a credit card without filling out a credit card slip.

I was informed that because I had a dog I had to stay in a smoking room which was fine; what was the difference when the entire hotel reeked of it. The only new item in the room was the TV which was bolted to the furniture and facing the wall not the bed. My assumption is that there must have been a couch in my room...makes me wonder what happened to that. Anyway, lying in bed and watching TV wasn't an option. The air conditioning until was a relic from days gone past but it did work, and I tried not to touch anything else. Nasty.

I travel quite a bit to dog shows and usually stay in lower end hotels, but this was to low end even for me. I can't believe I paid $80 for this crappy room. Should have stayed at the Motel 6.

They had a continential breakfast, but no way was I going to try it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank CjmuehlbGSD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Gross and disgusting .... place smells of stale smoke worse than an old bowling alley. The carpet was equally disgusting, I had to keep my shoes on. The only reason we stopped here was because we needed a break from driving. If it hadn't been so late and we could've canceled the reservation, I would have turned around immediately.

Major gross factor. They offered free breakfast but we had no interest in staying any longer than we had to.

PLUS, they charged us $92 rather than the advertised $65/nt. Ripoff.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank schafdc

Travelers are raving about these Miles City hotels

Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed overnight earlier this week, for a stop-over between Yellowstone & Regina. Other than being a convenient location off of the Interstate, I cannot recommend any reason to stay here. The carpets in the hallway were dirty and smelled smoky, and the runner carpet on the stairs was torn. Our room was very basic, which was acceptable, except it had a Safe in the room. This is mentioned only because we did not ask for one, but were still charged $1.50 for it being in the room. Other than that, the breakfast that was supplied was basic, but very limited. I had hoped to have a better experience at this Hotel, since we had just stayed at another Super 8, in Gardiner which was very nice. That hotel was a MUCH cleaner facility, had a Pool, and a great breakfast and was $30 less per night. Unless you must stay at this Hotel, look elsewhere

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed April 3, 2012

A little dated but ok for the price. The TV was new and the room was adequate.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Oregon
Reviewed December 1, 2011

A bit frayed at the edges: needs some updating but at least it was clean and the included breakfast was good.

Right off the interstate and near several dining establishments.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor to avoid the noise of all-nighters above you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
PUYALLUP
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We are currently staying in a Non-Smoking King Bedroom. The cigarette smoke seeps into the room -- Nasty! They Advertise new beds but the bed springs are easily felt with the hand.
We can't leave as there are no more rooms available in town and it is too far to drive on to next town. It is going to be a miserable night. My lungs hurt already. We will get some rest and leave as soon as possible.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to cigarette smoke or have issues with it, DO NOT STAY HERE. Halls are filled w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mehtalalady
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I was travelling with my pet and had requested a non-smoking room when I made my reservation online. When I arrived I was told that because I had a pet I had to change to a smoking room. I do not smoke and the smell of stale cigarette smoke in the hallway was offensive to me.This was the ONLY Super8 that did this to me, all others had pet friendly non-smoking rooms available.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family