“Bonanza Creek - THE BEST EXPERIENCE IMAGINABLE!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Martinsdale
Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Bonanza Creek - THE BEST EXPERIENCE IMAGINABLE!”
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My daughter and myself went for one lovely week to Bonanza Creek and we had an absolutely fabulous time. June and David, the owners, and ALL the staff were very friendly and helpful and the horses were responsive and fun to ride and we were asked several times if we were happy with them, which we were.
The little group we were in were also great and half of them had been many times before. We were the only English people in the group, and after a few language problems we all got on fine - ha ha !
The rides were great and we saw lots of wildlife, namely bears, eagles, deer, elk, snakes, etc. We cannot praise Bonanza Creek enough :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wales
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Our second visit to Bonanza Creek and we cannot recommend it highly enough. The individual cabins are very comfortable and secluded, riding the range is just the best whether moving cattle or riding high up into the Castle Mountains. You can choose your pace and the scenery is indescribly beautiful. Here is no nose to tail riding. June and all her crew make the holiday special. The food is excellent and plentiful, no one goes hungry at Bonanza Creek. We love the pre-supper hors d'oeuvres where you can look back over the day with the other guests. It all adds up to a great holiday.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BathshebaWales
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2010

As a less than novice horse rider I was at first a little hesitant to embark on this type of holiday/vacation, but with a little persistence from my (at the time) partner I nervously agreed. I had a brief crash course in equestrian persuits in my home country of England before we left 'old blighty' for the good old USA on a 10 day round trip.
On arrival to Bonanza Creek, and indeed throughout our stay we were greeted so warmly we immediately felt like part of the family and nothing was too much effort for our wonderful hosts June and David Voldseth or their fantastic team of wranglers, in particular Tanya who was an absolute delight to be around.
The whole week whilst structured was flexible and immensely enjoyable, the scenery simply breathtaking, the rides were amazing, the scent of the sage completely refreshing, the absence of daily traffic noise was inspiring, the family feel reassuring, the evening gatherings fun and relaxing, the accomodation beautifully crafted and authentic, and who can ever forget the stars of the whole experience....the horses!! Rusty was unfortunate enough to be lumbered with a clumsy oaf of an Englishman (me), and he was brilliant, he was patient, forgiving, friendly, charming, gentle, responsive and affectionate. I shared my packed lunch with him several times and felt like i really bonded with him and I know the other guests all felt the same way about their partnered horses too. Almost brought a tear to my eye when the day to go home arrived, and it seemed we had been there only one or two days.
Even now, two years later, June and David still take the time to keep in contact and I would dearly love to return one day.
This was a once in a lifetime experience for me, but I'm determined to change that, and make it twice at least.
I couldn't recommend Bonanza Creek any more highly, and if you dont have a fantastic time here, well, you must have a screw loose!!!
Before I forget, whilst you are here spend an afternoon at the Sulphur Springs pools, you wll never have had such soft and clean skin afterwards....

Craig Cousins
England

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank demontrucker
Seminole, Fl
Reviewed May 18, 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed both our visits to Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch! Our 1st visit to Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch was in September 2006 and our 2nd was in September 2008. We cannot wait to go back again! I wish they would sell me a time share...I would go every year! You are treated like family from day one. June and David Voldseth, the ranch owners, are great friendly people. There are only 12 guests per week. We have met some life long friends at the ranch. The food at the ranch is all homemade country cooking and very yummy. The ranch is set amongst the Crazy's Mountain range and is just beautiful countryside. The horses are very beautiful and well behaved. June and the wranglers on staff place you with a horse that best suits your riding abilities. You ride twice a day for two hours at a time, except for one day where you pack a lunch and have an all day ride through the Crazy's. You might think.."ouch", but we were amazingly, not sore at all. They have very comfortable saddles.You even get to experience what it is like to be a real cowpoke!! This is a working ranch and on one of the days, they let you help move the cattle from one field to another next. Let me tell you that is so much fun! Another day we did Team Penning! We also enjoyed the fact that this is not just nose to tail riding. They let you ride!!! I give Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch a "10"! We are planning a trip back to the Ranch next year and cannot wait!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindymck517
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch

What a wonderful and special part of the world is Bonanza Creek guest Ranch. I had a magical week there with very special people and at the helm was June and David Volseth co-ordinating their dedicated team of staff to fulfil the needs and wants of their guests in whatever they wanted and needed.

There was riding every day tailored to your own personal standards. On our first get together after arrival, before dinner, June asked us all what type of horse we wanted to ride, I wanted a horse who was steady and reliable and my wonderful steed ‘Pete’ was waiting for me the next day and what a dream he was, my ideal male partner, good looking, courteous, patient, good humoured, Oh how I wished he had two legs not four he was my dream guy! I was at the ranch with three friends, we had all saved for this adventure and we weren’t disappointed each of us matched perfectly with our horses that more than suited our ability and requirements.

Our home for the week was a perfect cabin with fantastic views, we had a lovely large bath in our bedroom sheer luxury after a long day riding and we could see out of the windows too while bathing, watching out at the beautiful scenery. We saw lots of native animals we even had the joy of seeing a bear who was nonchalantly sitting out the back of our cabin, we got lots of photos before he slowly walked back into the woods. Sitting on our veranda talking about it later just gave us that ‘extra factor’

When I filled in my application I asked for lots of fruit and vegetables not realising how isolated the ranch was from the shops and how difficult this would be and yes this request was fulfilled the food was brilliant with lots of variety, all the food was freshly cooked and there was plenty of it.

There are many more positives, too many to write about it is a wonderful place hosted and staffed by wonderful people. I am a country girl from England and look for and enjoy the beauty of our world. Bonanza Creek is one of the very special places in this world, the plains of Montana under the Big Blue Sky are just a sheer joy, especially on horseback and if you could holiday there you will not be disappointed. If I had the money I would go back for 6 months and then I may never leave!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pete5621
Shropshire
Reviewed May 14, 2010

What a wonderful week in the hills of Montana!
Amazing landscape and a wonderful experience. Everyone was really friendly and made every effort to ensure we had a great holiday. As a group of very mixed riding ability, the ranch were able to find a suitable horse for everyone and allow us all to make the most of the wonderful location.
Accommodation was clean and comfortable with a homely feel at the end of a long day in the saddle.
I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 10, 2010

A friend talked me into going to Bonanza Creek about 10 years ago, and I wondered what I was getting into, since I hadn't been on a horse in a long time! It turned out to be a wonderful week, and I have been going back almost yearly since that first visit.
June & David Volseth and their great staff make you feel so welcome and do all they can to make your week memorable. If you never got on a horse, and just sat on your cabin porch looking out over the land & sky, you would leave with your soul renewed.
Of course, riding a horse is why you are at a working ranch, and I have always felt the horse took really good care of me! I can't wait to return again this fall, and enjoy all BCC offers to their guests--magnificent scenery, wonderful food, comfortable cabins, good friends, and those lovely horses.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!