“Sweet place!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Maryland
“Sweet place!”
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I asked the clerk in the Woolen Shop in Bozeman fif he could recommend a place to have dinner. He quickly said this place. This place is a gem! We had arrived early, around 4:10pm, they said dinner did not start until 4:30pm. The took our names and we said we would be back. When we arrived at 4:35pm, our table was ready, vegetables and crackers on the table waiting for us. Our waitress was wonderful. She made us feel right at home. My son had prime rib, and I had the Strip steak. With that came salad, soup, chocolate sundae and coffee. Along with that we ordered sauteed mushrooms, my son ordered a beer and I ordered wine. Our total bill..$56. What a deal!

1 Thank Justfly

Bozeman
“Biggest, best prime rib in Montana”
Reviewed November 21, 2009

The first time I came to this tiny place outside Bozeman, it was with relatives who lived all their lives in Montana. This was their "secret" place. Wow! Best tasting prime rib I ever had. And the biggest. These must come from giant steers. Actually they come from nearby Dutch ranches in Manhattan and Churchill, and a place called Restvedt's in Ennis. They're dry aged steaks and ribs. Dinner comes complete with salad, soup, relish tray, and dessert. The place is not fancy. You know you're in a real western town. The locals come in cowboy hats and jeans with muddy boots. Prepare by starving yourself for the whole day before you go there to eat. Oh, and get a reservation a couple days in advance!

Montana
“Prime Rib Heaven”
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Sir Scott's has awesome Prime Rib! The best prime rib I've ever had. Well worth the drive from Bozeman or Big Sky or even Butte. Steaks are good too, but why have a steak when they've got the ultimate in Prime Rib?

Very casual atmosphere, with very casual but prompt staff. Can be busy around holidays, graduation, weekends, etc. so get a reservation.

Orange County, CA
“Steak, done right, tastes great!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

After a week at Yellowstone National Park, returned to Bozeman for 2 days to check out the Museum of the Rockies, and to eat at Sir Scott's Oasis as it was well-recommended by fellow trip advisors...Bone In Rib Eye Steak was great, my partner had the 28 oz. T Bone Steak. We had the Baked Potato, all the trimmings, including the soup and salad, and dessert. Was so good, we went back the next night, I had the thick Pork Chop which was pan fried....tender, juicy...not dry...My partner had the char-broiled halibut...a bit risky as we couldn't see the ocean from Manhattan, MT...but it turned out juicy and flaky with lots of flavor too. Yes, I also recommend this restaurant...call for reservations in advance, just in case...

1 Thank lairtok
Tucson, Arizona
“Loved it!”
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We went here as a a family group celebrating our nephew's wedding. We did have reservations. The steaks were so good and cooked to perfection. Had a very nice server who accommodated several tabs for our large group with no complaint, which we really appreciated.
My daughter and her husband arrived a day later and were so disappointed they had missed the family dinner they went by themselves a few days later and also loved it. My son-in-law is still talking about the prime rib he had. we will definitely go back when we get the chance.

Been to Sir Scott's Oasis? Share your experiences!