TripAdvisor

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 22, 2019 via mobile

Excellent service and delicious food. They had no problem with our large party. Fast and friendly. Best steak I ever had! Might have to move to Montana.

Date of visit: August 2019
Mike G, Owner at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2019

Moving to Montana might not be the worst idea :)
Thank you for your positive comments, we really appreciate it and hope to see you back soon!

Write a reviewReviews (260)

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

On a recommendation from a Missoula local, we went to Lolo Creek for dinner. What a great suggestion! This was the best ribeye steak I’ve ever had in my life! Cooked to perfection! Hubs had a New York strip and it was prepared as requested! Sweet potato was a Japanese sweet potato, which was a surprise! Absolutely love Japanese sweet potatoes!! Instead of the usual basket of bread to munch on before dinner is a tray of fresh veggies and ranch dip! The huckleberry mule was very refreshing! We would definitely stop at Lolo creek steakhouse again!

Date of visit: September 2019
Mike G, Manager at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2019

Thanks for such a great review! We are thrilled you decided to give us a try and enjoyed your first visit at Lolo Creek! We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Our family was visiting the Missoula area and visited the Lolo CreeUKk Steak House based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I ordered a medium rare steak. In most restaurants medium rare is a warm pink center. When I cut into the steak it was purple raw and uncooked. When I showed it to the waitress she commented explaining the cook regularly prepares steaks less cooked than what is ordered. I asked why she did not explain this when we placed the order. No response.
Restaurants like this are a disappointment and a gyp.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

We arrived and put our name in the book before going to the distillery. They don't take reservations, but if you do this, they allow about 30-40 minutes and then call the distillery when your table is ready. We didn't utilize all of our time at the distillery and didn't use the shuttle provided between the two due to some elderly folks in our party. Unfortunately, the elders didn't care for their steaks, for whatever reason, and we notified Mike's (appeared to be) second in command. I didn't get his name. He was all over it and bent over backwards to make them new steaks and ensure they were happy. We couldn't have asked for better service from him. If I had to knock anything, it would be our waitress. She seemed quite put out when questioned about some things on the menu as well as the fact that we didn't tell HER about the problem steaks so she could fix it. We searched the restaurant for her and couldn't find her. That's why I went to the manager. Whatever. I will still give 5 stars for the food and excellent service from the others we interacted with.

Date of visit: August 2019
Mike G, Manager at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Hi there, thanks for the five stars! We continuously strive to provide both excellent food and service and always love to see when our guests feel that we've fulfilled just that! Please know that all of our staff are trained to be as professional, hospitable and welcoming as possible. We appreciate you bringing the details of your visit to our attention, and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been going here since the early 2000’s it’s still a great place I highly recommend it. Had the Lolo steak it was great, my huckleberry lemonade was wonderful, and my other half loved the that’s what she said cream ale.

Date of visit: September 2019
Mike G, Manager at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are absolutely thrilled to have kept you as a long-time customer. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Been to Lolo Creek Steakhouse? Share your experiences!