TripAdvisor
Lolo
Post
Inbox
Search

“Excellent Steak and Excellent Service!”

Lolo Creek Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Lolo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 6, 2019

We arrived and put our name in the book before going to the distillery. They don't take reservations, but if you do this, they allow about 30-40 minutes and then call the distillery when your table is ready. We didn't utilize all of our time at the distillery and didn't use the shuttle provided between the two due to some elderly folks in our party. Unfortunately, the elders didn't care for their steaks, for whatever reason, and we notified Mike's (appeared to be) second in command. I didn't get his name. He was all over it and bent over backwards to make them new steaks and ensure they were happy. We couldn't have asked for better service from him. If I had to knock anything, it would be our waitress. She seemed quite put out when questioned about some things on the menu as well as the fact that we didn't tell HER about the problem steaks so she could fix it. We searched the restaurant for her and couldn't find her. That's why I went to the manager. Whatever. I will still give 5 stars for the food and excellent service from the others we interacted with.

Date of visit: August 2019
Mike G, Manager at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Hi there, thanks for the five stars! We continuously strive to provide both excellent food and service and always love to see when our guests feel that we've fulfilled just that! Please know that all of our staff are trained to be as professional, hospitable and welcoming as possible. We appreciate you bringing the details of your visit to our attention, and we do hope to see you again.

Write a reviewReviews (260)

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been going here since the early 2000’s it’s still a great place I highly recommend it. Had the Lolo steak it was great, my huckleberry lemonade was wonderful, and my other half loved the that’s what she said cream ale.

Date of visit: September 2019
Mike G, Manager at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are absolutely thrilled to have kept you as a long-time customer. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

Took my parents who were visiting from Arizona. Our dinners were delicious, meat was lean and cooked perfect. Service was very good.

Date of visit: August 2019
Mike G, Owner at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Cindy, we're happy to hear you and your parents enjoyed your time with us! Please come again soon, and thank you for leaving us a 5 star review!

Reviewed August 17, 2019

The restaurant opens at 5 pm on Sunday evenings, and we arrived just as the doors opened. My husband and I both ordered steaks. They were done, rare, just as we ordered. Since the chef is almost in the restaurant we were able to compliment him. We spent some time talking to the owner who was extremely pleasant. We talked a bit about the local experience during the Mt. Saint Helen's eruption as he lived in Lolo and my husband spent time there and working with the crews on the mountain. It was a great dinner and enjoyable discussion. Be sure to check out the pictures of the damage done by the Mt. Saint Helen's eruption near the restrooms.

Date of visit: June 2019
Mike G, Manager at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Hi Nancy, we really appreciate the kind words! Service is extremely important to us and our goal is for all our guests to always leave feeling completely satisfied and it appears that we were able to make that happen for you! We hope this means we will be seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I took a local couple out to dinner at this steak house. Terry and i ordered the special, prime rib. Both our entrees were mostly fat and gristle. I complained to the waitress, showing her all the fat on my plate. She apologized but did nothing else. She probably didn’t tell management or the chef. Won’t be going again.

Date of visit: July 2019
Mike G, Owner at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Hi.... I am EXTREMELY sorry that your recent visit to the Steakhouse was very disappointing and (basically) ruined your evening (out) with friends. It is important to note that this was not the way that your concerns and complaint about your dinner should have been handled by any of our staff. I, frankly, am embarrassed that your situation was handled like this by your server. We should have done whatever you wished from us to try to correct the problem, either, by providing you another Prime Rib or buying your dinner for you. This behavior by our staff member is totally unacceptable! In defense of the Prime Rib that we serve, it is of excellent quality and hand-cut and trimmed to avoid the problem you encountered. Unfortunately, when dealing with a high volume of Prime Rib, some cuts can be "fattier" than the others. We do try to carefully serve the Prime portions but this, obviously, did not happen with your dinner. Again, I apologize.
So, I understand that you will not return because of your experience but I would like to offer you a gift certificate to the Steakhouse if you would accept it and I would, sincerely, like to know if you remember your servers' name or identity so that I can use your "poor experience" as a training moment to be sure this doesn't happen again at our restaurant. My direct email is mikegrunow@hotmail.com or cell # 406-370-1827 if you want to take a moment to respond to me.
Again, I am embarrassed and sorry for your experience. MikeG (owner)

Been to Lolo Creek Steakhouse? Share your experiences!