TripAdvisor
Lolo
Post
Inbox
Search

“Wonderful food and great service”

Lolo Creek Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Lolo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

Took my parents who were visiting from Arizona. Our dinners were delicious, meat was lean and cooked perfect. Service was very good.

Date of visit: August 2019
Mike G, Owner at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Cindy, we're happy to hear you and your parents enjoyed your time with us! Please come again soon, and thank you for leaving us a 5 star review!

Write a reviewReviews (260)

Reviewed August 17, 2019

The restaurant opens at 5 pm on Sunday evenings, and we arrived just as the doors opened. My husband and I both ordered steaks. They were done, rare, just as we ordered. Since the chef is almost in the restaurant we were able to compliment him. We spent some time talking to the owner who was extremely pleasant. We talked a bit about the local experience during the Mt. Saint Helen's eruption as he lived in Lolo and my husband spent time there and working with the crews on the mountain. It was a great dinner and enjoyable discussion. Be sure to check out the pictures of the damage done by the Mt. Saint Helen's eruption near the restrooms.

Date of visit: June 2019
Mike G, Manager at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Hi Nancy, we really appreciate the kind words! Service is extremely important to us and our goal is for all our guests to always leave feeling completely satisfied and it appears that we were able to make that happen for you! We hope this means we will be seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I took a local couple out to dinner at this steak house. Terry and i ordered the special, prime rib. Both our entrees were mostly fat and gristle. I complained to the waitress, showing her all the fat on my plate. She apologized but did nothing else. She probably didn’t tell management or the chef. Won’t be going again.

Date of visit: July 2019
Mike G, Owner at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Hi.... I am EXTREMELY sorry that your recent visit to the Steakhouse was very disappointing and (basically) ruined your evening (out) with friends. It is important to note that this was not the way that your concerns and complaint about your dinner should have been handled by any of our staff. I, frankly, am embarrassed that your situation was handled like this by your server. We should have done whatever you wished from us to try to correct the problem, either, by providing you another Prime Rib or buying your dinner for you. This behavior by our staff member is totally unacceptable! In defense of the Prime Rib that we serve, it is of excellent quality and hand-cut and trimmed to avoid the problem you encountered. Unfortunately, when dealing with a high volume of Prime Rib, some cuts can be "fattier" than the others. We do try to carefully serve the Prime portions but this, obviously, did not happen with your dinner. Again, I apologize.
So, I understand that you will not return because of your experience but I would like to offer you a gift certificate to the Steakhouse if you would accept it and I would, sincerely, like to know if you remember your servers' name or identity so that I can use your "poor experience" as a training moment to be sure this doesn't happen again at our restaurant. My direct email is mikegrunow@hotmail.com or cell # 406-370-1827 if you want to take a moment to respond to me.
Again, I am embarrassed and sorry for your experience. MikeG (owner)

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

After hearing (and seeing) some rave reviews on this place, we had to check it out. Bottom line: Golden Corral without the salad bar
The ambiance is nil, which is forgivable if the service or food is exceptional. Regrettably, neither was the case. There is a misplaced sense of priority in which you are assailed by a wait staff in various versions of formal/ gym wear advertising themselves as your cocktail server/waitress/wine steward. We ordered a cucumber based cocktail and huckleberry jalapeño margarita, neither of which had discernible traces of alcohol but were so sweet that we had to leave them unfinished and send them back with our “cocktail server” who acted concerned but neither offered nor executed the removal of the charge from our bill.
The shrimp cocktail was mealy shrimp that separated from their tails leaving the meat in the shell.
We ordered undistinguished Caesar salads after our waitress offered salad options versus soup. I inquired as to the soup of the day and she looked surprised and said there was no soup. All the better, based on our salad experience.
We ordered the NY strip medium rare and the tenderloin medium....while the steaks were very tasty with good sear and charcoal flavor, the tenderloin arrived butterflied (the menu advises that steaks ordered well/medium well will be butterflied) and still was , in places, rare...at this point we began to question ourselves as to whether we were not communicating well or if they were just not listening. We agreed on the latter.
The wine list is ingeniously (deceptively?) listed by wine maker and not by label so, having ordered a bottle from Orin Swift (a Vintner I respect if not adore) we got the low end Palermo at a high end price of $69. The side dishes were, to be kind, laughable and the whole meal would have been considered a disappointment were it not for us being seated between two tables of about 10 people apiece, both with children and both of whom were done with their meals before we ever were seated and stayed after we left. The constant motion of adolescents around our table added the family style dining experience we would not have chosen had we known in advance.
For those who would dismiss this review as high brow dissing from big city visitors, we both live in Montana (one born here) and have had outstanding experiences at other small town places in Montana (e.g.Barclay II in Anaconda, Beargrass Bistro in Lakeside). The difference in Lolo is the lure of fine dining followed by the sharp hook of a ridiculously overpriced experience that could be exceeded at any, say, Outback Steakhouse...at a significant savings

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank 10bertj
Reviewed July 22, 2019

We arrived at the Lolo Steak House last Thursday, July 18th. My birthday. around 6pm. was told it would be a 20 to 30 minute wait. We were invited into the bar. after 1 hour wait time they finally called us to our table. It was then around another 35 minutes before we are eating. Not acceptable. For two of the people in the party of 6 it is important they eat at a reasonable time.

Date of visit: July 2019
Mike G, Owner at Lolo Creek Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

We are terribly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us on your birthday. Customer service that is not provided to its fullest is unacceptable, and I can assure you it will be addressed immediately. We invite you to reach out to us directly at info@lolocreeksteakhouse.com and do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again as we would love to restore your confidence in us!

Been to Lolo Creek Steakhouse? Share your experiences!