“One of the best in Montana!”

Lolo Creek Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Lolo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Have been going here on and off for a good 15 years and always loved it. Just a good old fashioned steakhouse. There are times you have to wait for a table but its not that long and truthfully its worth the wait!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was our first trip to Lolo Creek Steakhouse despite living in Western Montana for >30 years.

Our meal receives mixed reviews: My husband's rib eye was definitely NOT as tender as he expected. My kabob meat was delicious. The crab legs that were part of the special with kabobs were just ok, but I've been spoiled by having them cooked fresh right out of the water in Alaska. I found the shells much too difficult to crack open (a sign of being a little old, perhaps?) as they were a little 'mushy'. A metal pick would have been a helpful tool to go along with the shell cracker and small fork.

Baked potato (included) was well prepared, and our salads (included) weren't terrible although a tad over dressed. Complementary relish tray before the salads was much appreciated and who does that kind of thing anymore? The meal also included a large piece of bread. The
wine list, while not extensive, is not super-pricey and there are some decent wines.
There is definitely plenty to eat here! (I brought some home.)

The atmosphere is 'authentic western hunting' and logs, and if you don't mind being surrounded by 'dead heads' and scenes of big game animals attacking other big game animals, it's not a problem. :-)

A most pleasant part of the meal was the service. Neela is a terrific waitperson: friendly, polite, attentive without hovering. She offered to comp us to dessert (on her) when she inquired about the quality of the meat and learned it wasn't as expected. We couldn't have fit another bite in, but her gesture was appreciated.

We would probably try this again, if we had out of town guests who like steak (lobster, tuna, halibut, shrimp, crab, and some chicken also on the menu) and would be charmed or at least interested in the atmosphere.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Well, you can't go to Montana and not have a steak, right? I received a recommendation for Lolo Creek Steakhouse from the motel where I stayed, and they could not have recommended a better place! Yes, it almost appears to be a touristy place-log cabin style and stuffed animals all over the place, but hey, it's Montana :) I just wanted a good steak dinner. wow---couldn't believe the number of choices for what kind of steak-luckily the choice was made easier by the size---most of their steaks are absolutely huge and I just wanted a small one. My dinner was excellent-steak was prepared perfectly (and they wanted to make sure I was satisfied with it)---the entire dinner and ale were perfect! I read in an earlier review that someone likened this place to Outback Steak House-----no way. Lolo Creek stands on it's own and is family owned and the food is excellent!! Fun place too. I'd return and am happy I went.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have been eating at the Lolo Creek steakhouse for several years. The food is consistently good, and the steaks are the best. The staff makes every effort to make your visit a great one. The prices can sometimes be a little high, but, it's still worth the visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

From the minute we walked into Lolo Creek Steakhouse we felt welcomed! The waitress immediately came to our table, & took our drink orders & told us what the specials of the day were!
This is by far not your ordinary steakhouse - they even had crab legs on the menu which one of our friends ordered, & he said they were wonderful. I opted for a steak, & it was done perfectly medium which was the way I ordered it with just the right amount of seasoning & it melted in my mouth! Now, for the desserts - we ordered the coconut macaroon, & the caramel apple & both were absolutely out of this world - I only wished I lived closer so that I could try them all! This is a little off the beaten path, but well worth the drive.