“Lolo Steakhouse needs help”

Lolo Creek Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Lolo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Steaks were just okay, halibut was overlooked. Thought this was one of the best restaurants in the area -- not.

2  Thank John W
There are newer reviews for Lolo Creek Steakhouse

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I love a good steak. There is something primal and rewarding in a rib eye steak, grilled to perfection, with slight charring on the edges and a luscious cracklin's sort of crunch on the outside fat... this was NOT one of those steaks.

My steak had a strange sort of imitation smoke/bacon flavor to it. I could not taste the actual meat, and there did not appear to be any salt, pepper or other spices. My husband and I were also surprised when our steak dinners arrived at our table so quickly. Neither of us heard the sizzle of the grill, or the crackle of the fire, which is odd, since the huge fire grill is in the dining room.

It has been quite a while since I ate here, back when the original owner was in charge, but I distinctly remember the fire grill and how it made everything smell so wonderful and taste almost like the outdoor campfire. You could see the flames shooting up through the grates. That did not happen during our visit... no sizzling of the fire, no meaty smells. It made us wonder if the meat is entirely cooked on the grill...and if not, hence the imitation smoky flavoring they added.

Another down side was the fact that they serve baked potatoes, but do not serve real butter with them. They do ask if you want butter, but they bring a whipped yellow substitute, which we did confirm with our waitress was a margarine product. A baked potato should have real butter in my opinion.

On the PLUS side, all of the staff was very friendly and efficient. The restaurant is worth going to just to look at all the marvelous taxidermy and decorating done on the inside.

2  Thank Judy C
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were in Missoula for 1 night and were told by a co-worker to go try Lolo Creek. It was a tremendous recommendation! We had steak and lobster and could not have been happier. Atmosphere is great, casual yet rustic. Service was very good and the food delicious.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The atmosphere at the Steakhouse was great. I loved the assorted wildlife on display in the log cabin style restaurant. The tables and chairs are those that you'd find at a lower end dinner though and that takes away from the "fanciness" of the rest of the steakhouse. I got a sirloin and the king crab pieces and my fiancee got a Ribeye. The sirloin was not cooked to the right specification, but the crab was delicious, my fiancee's steak was not as good as we expected either. I liked that they give you a veggie tray to start out with and that the portions are a good size. The service was great. The price was not worth going to this restaurant.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Excellent food. The wait staff was great. Prices are on the higher end but worth it. The atmosphere is rustic and fits well with the Montana theme. Well worth a visit.