“Terrible. Not at all what is represented on website.”
Review of Lolo Hot Springs

Lolo Hot Springs
Ranked #5 of 5 Specialty Lodging in Lolo
NEW JERSEY
“Terrible. Not at all what is represented on website.”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

A very expensive, yet terrible hotel. The rate was $119. a night. The Lewis and Clark museum was closed, apparently indefinitely. Most of the features shown on the website didn't exist. No soap was provided in the room. Plastic covers on the mattress. There was no daily room cleaning, bed making or straightening. The clerk said that she had been injured and had to depend on a private cleaning service. She showed no interest in Lewis and Clark, or in helping travelers to learn about them, complaining about travelers who asked for maps.

The hotel seems to have been abandoned by its original owners, who had the vision represented on the website. I expected a friendly atmosphere where I would talk with others interested in the area and its history, perhaps in the advertised bookstore, the existence of which seemed questionable. A dinner theater? Please. I couldn't find the advertised grotto with its stimulating conversations.

All in all, a serious mistake. I certainly would never stay her again, nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank BAMBOORODFISHER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Helena, MT
Reviewed August 6, 2009

The rooms are tiny, dirty, old & outdated. We were put in one of the rooms in a building that looked like an old trailer. The mattress had a plastic cover on it...I don't even want to know why. I expected it to be rustic and we wouldn't have a TV but there wasn't even an alarm clock. To top off our terrible experience the second day (Sunday) we woke up to no water! I would have rather camped than stayed at this rundown dump!
The restaurant is a joke! Before we stayed at Lolo I looked at their website (http://www.lolohotsprings.com/restaurant.htm) which stated they had an executive chef and a dining room offering fine dining. I don't consider fine dining to be 7 things that all have to be cooked in a fryer. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank hm100
La Ventana BCS MX
Reviewed July 31, 2009

plenty of surprises, none of them good,,,,
We rented one of the "deluxe cabins", it was a far cry from deluxe unless you were upgrading from a homeless shelter,,,, We awoke to no water, no flush toilet, no shower, no way to brush our teeth,,,,, We searched all over the place for someone that worked there to report this to but no one was there to be found,,,, We finally left at 11:15 as the manager arrived, we reported our disappointment to the manager who couldn't have cared less,,,, We are contesting the charges with our credit card company,,,, I may have been sympathetic with some of these problems if I thought that they tried but I got the clear impression that no one cared at all,,,,

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Bajmahal
Nevada
Reviewed July 20, 2009

This resort - if you can call it that is run down, rooms need a good cleaning and not kept up. Didn't have water the second morning and when I asked about a discount I was told to talk to the manager. I never found the manager.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelorNV
NORTHERN IDAHO
Reviewed January 15, 2009

My husband and I like to take off to new places whenever we get the chance and were very excited at the prospect of a get away to a hot springs pretty close to home. We arrived late on a Sunday night when the main office was closed, we were directed to the bar to check in. When we checked in at the bar the cabin we had been assigned was the only one with out a key, the management decided to upgrade us to a room with a television. I would like to make it prefectly clear we did not ask for the television or anything at this point other than our room. My husband and I drove across the highway to find the cabin in which we had been "upgraded." The entire driveway was a sheet of ice as well as the walk ways to the restrooms and the entrance to the restrooms, it was like taking your life in your hands every time you needed to freshen up. In addition to the slippery conditions there were overflowing garbage cans, no toliet paper and dirty facilities. The cabin we were "upgraded" to had popcorn on the floor, dirt in the corners and a ketchup packet under the bed. After all the surprises we approached the management about a refund for the night we paid for and would not be using, it turns out it is there policy to only give refunds if a guest becomes ill and has to leave. We explained all of the above and were refunded just under half of one nights rate. I would advise anyone thinking of staying here to forget it and find yourself a Super 8 somewhere, the stay would be better, ours was.

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PFIDAHOSPUDSGIRL
Post Falls
Reviewed January 15, 2009

We reserved two nights, but couldn't make it past the second day. Roadway/pathway to the bathroom building was horribly icy and slick, and we were forced to drive the 100 feet from the "cabin" (think portable trailer) to the bathroom building. Once we finally got there, the garbages were overflowing, bathroom stalls were without toilet paper, and the lime-green colored place really needed to be cleaned. We contacted management for a full refund for the second night based on the SAFETY issues, and were refused a full refund. We never even made it to the hot springs!!! I wouldn't even consider staying there again -- ever.

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — Unsafe walkway to bathroom building and horrible customer service.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank pfidahospud
Tucson
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Visited briefly, looking for Lewis and Clark memorabilia. The Trail Center, a cluster of cabins and a reception hall, while a bit rustic, is well presented and provided a pleasurable visit. It should not be confused with the Hot Springs next door.
- - the downside is, no dining facilities.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Notesmith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lolo
The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs
#3 of 5 in Lolo
Days Inn & Suites Lolo
Blue Mountain Bed & Breakfast
Super 8 Missoula/Brooks Street

Been to Lolo Hot Springs? Share your experiences!