“avoid”

The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lolo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

we asked if they had tv. They told us yes. When you get there you find out there is a tv, but no reception. No cell phone coverage either. Office has phone, but, not accessible during the night until 8:00 am. We stayed in a separate building. Porch light brnt out and difficult to see stairs. Room hadn't been cleaned or swept for a while. There were lots of dead bugs in our room. It appears to me that the grounds had not been maintained this summer. For an 88.00 room fee it was horrible. Way too overpriced. We will not return.

Room Tip: only saw our room. No interest in coming back
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donna k
CinthiaR, Manager at The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at The Lodge. It is true that we do have Televisions in every room along with DVD players. Our satellite service only stretchs to the lobby therefore a treat movie area to hang out in to watch your favorite game. We have more than 150 movies to choose from and take back to your room. We would love to offer cell phone service but being remote does not allow us to. We do offer free long distance phone calls from an antique phone booth free of charge for our guests. We also have two types of rooms. One type is in the main lodge that are 500 square feet with 5 picture windows reaching from floor to ceiling. These rooms are incredible. Our economical petite rooms that you stayed in our quite small, about 200 square feet, clean and comfortable but not fancy. These are ideal if you are not gonig to be in your room much, however you still have access to our 2500 square foot lobby featuring games, books, movie area, fireplace and meeting area. Our natural hot springs pools are also available along with fire pits, volleyball net, horse shoe pits and picnic area. We hope you will return and try one of our Signature Lodge rooms which may suit you better.

There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The reviews on this property have extremes ranging from "great" to "avoid". I will present our view based on our experience.
First the Pros:
Fairly nice lodge where the office and breakfast are served.
Hot tubs in the main lodge are great!
Staff are friendly.
Cons:
Our room was not part of the main lodge but a building a short distance away. It is a modular constructed building (like a double wide trailer) with very similar short comings in quality. The room was clean but we felt like we were in a dated trailer home. Near the building was a sort of pond/swamp. The parking was a fairly rough gravel lot. Given the remoteness of Lolo we did not expect a fancy hotel but for the amount we paid, $99 plus tax, we would have expected a room in the main lodge (which I assume are nicer rooms).
Now for my BIG gripe! While I was checking in, I was given a invoice at the front desk which had the nightly rate at $69. Having used Trip Advisor's link to Expedia to pay for the room, I was billed $99 + tax on my Visa. Thats quite a markup to Expedia. I was under the wrong impression that Expedia and other web sites were getting the rooms at a discount and passing some of that along to us, their customers, making it slightly cheaper than the hotel would give if booked direct. If you would like to stay at Lolo try calling them direct. Some of the negative reviews we read before we went had to do with the cost of the rooms vs the the perceived value for a room of that caliber. Sites like Expedia are doing hotels like Lolo a disservice by marking up the price that much. People have higher expectations at $99 a night then they do at $69. So bottom line, would I go there again? Not at $99. Possibly at $69. For sure at $50!

Room Tip: Call Lolo direct. Stay away from trailer rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom H

Thank you for staying with us at our little oasis in the mountains. We also have two types of rooms. One type is in the main lodge that are 500 square feet with 5 picture windows reaching from floor to ceiling. These rooms are incredible. Our economical petite rooms that you stayed in our quite small, about 200 square feet, clean and comfortable but not fancy. These are ideal if you are not gonig to be in your room much, however you still have access to our 2500 square foot lobby featuring games, books, movie area, fireplace and meeting area. Our natural hot springs pools are also available along with fire pits, volleyball net, horse shoe pits and picnic area. We hope you will return and try one of our Signature Lodge rooms which may suit you better.

Please be patience with third party internet sites such as Expedia. They do have to earn their living somehow so they do get a "cut" in the sale when they act as a middle man.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I took a trip on the motorcycle over Lolo Pass and stayed here 1 night. The staff was very friendly and showed us to our room. The facilities are very clean and done in the style of the classic mountain lodges but on a smaller scale. The king rooms are large. Plenty of room to lay out any helmets, riding gear ect. My favorite feature was the natural hot springs hot tub- very relaxing after a long motorcycle ride. These two tubs are each approx 12x6 (one is a bit smaller than the other) and are in the back of the main lobby area in their own seperate spot behind a glass door. The breakfast consisted mainly of cook your own waffles, which I am terrible at cooking but I observed another guest cook his perfectly.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

i had a fine experience at the lodge stopped by just by chance and after a view of the property decided to spend the night. it was great ,beautiful room and a wonderfull hot soak.u may drink the water out of the spigot and i did after it cooled. about half a gallon over my stay..worker out fine.super hosts LuAnn and Rodger I will b back Big D Seattle

Room Tip: 3 D my favorite 3F moose pond view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is great hotel.The staff were pleasant and the restaurant had good food. We had only one mishap which the staff took care of immediately.
having the Hot Pool on site was great for relaxing after our trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I could tell by the pictures it would be nice but it was even more than I expected. Wonderful service, the staff was right there for your every need. We went for a horse back ride the next morning. The grounds are a work in progress but every thing from the lobby to the rooms are finished with rustic class and charm. We were told of area natural hot springs ( a ways further on, 1 1/2 mile hike) and enjoyed that on our way home...we would have missed it, but beware three out of 12-15 people up there go for the clothing optional option.

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed two nights during our summer holiday. This is not a fancy place, just a comfortable, one family operation. We had one of the bigger rooms and my kids loved the path and the rustic true lodge feel. These are proper rooms, not cabins or trailers and since we were trying to get away from all of the 'connectiveness' of life - this lodge atmosphere was perfect. If you want a sterile 'Hilton' like experience this may not be for you. If you can forgive that it is old but well cared for...and want to try the great hot springs....you will enjoy it. Finally if you want friendly, helpful, staff, these guys get 5 stars. We were given a minitour upon arriving, shown everything we needed to know and where everything was located they also helped us treat my daughters many bug bites she got when we climbed nearby Grave peak. Also, given that there is absolutely no cell phone coverage out there, the owners have a booth where you can call anywhere in the US FREE - so for me this was huge since I am primary contact for several elderly relatives. My only small complaint was that the windows in our room needed cleaning - but as we had a room that was ideal for kids and all of the smudges were 3 ft off the ground....I cut them a break. Finally about breakfast...yes it is primarily waffles but there is also good coffee, juice, yogurt and cereals and for being away almost 2 weeks in hotels....these were the best waffles we had!

Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lolo
Sleep Inn
Lumberjack Saloon
#2 of 5 in Lolo
Days Inn & Suites Lolo
Super 8 Missoula/Brooks Street

Been to The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs? Share your experiences!