“Not very professional and creepy!”
Review of Super 8 Livingston

Super 8 Livingston
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Livingston
Waterloo, Iowa
“Not very professional and creepy!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Rooms were musty but the lobby smelled clean. Got to our room and found a hand written note "I hope y'all have a great stay with us with and exclamation mark and heart signed vanity chkj" Not very professional and creepy if you ask me. Fairly priced, but no pool, no coffee makers, no microwaves, poor customer service and other guests being extremely loud with no respect for others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pam A
Eric S, General Manager at Super 8 Livingston, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and for helping us to improve our service. We try to hire staff that naturally care about people. This creates more genuine customer service. One way we let our staff show they care is by allowing the housekeepers to write little notes welcoming our guests. I had not considered that certain notes might seem creepy to our guests. While I plan to continue allowing them to write the notes, I have asked them to make them more generic and with less punctuation. All of our rooms come with coffee makers, but only half the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. Eventually we hope to have them in all rooms, but for now that are available on request. Please visit us again and I will make sure you get one with a fridge and microwave.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Based on other reviews, I decided to stay here for a night, and I was not disappointed. The check-in clerk was very friendly and gave me some restaurant recommendations nearby. The room, while showing its age, was clean and quiet despite being next to the interstate. It did have a flat screen TV rather than the old tube-type. The hotel is quite pet-friendly although I do not have a pet, but many other guests did. The room was unusually large, perhaps it was meant for two beds instead of one. The heater worked very well despite overnight temps dropping into the teens.

It snowed during my stay, and the clerk who handled check-out was just as friendly and even asked me if I had looked into road conditions before setting off. I already did, but he offered to check them for me (as he did with several other guests). Parking is quite generous and a few other guests were able to get in and out with their trailers. This property only offers a continental breakfast but there is a McDonalds next door and an Arby's across the street for those who want something more filling.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We arrived fairly late in evening, staff was helpful, plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Less than an hour from Yellowstone north entrance, On duty night staff sermed well informed and was one of reasons we decidef to go to the park, but it wasn't wasn't quite like she described, but stil worth the trip!! Very easy on/off highwsy.

• Stayed April 2013
Lutz, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2012

me and my husband stayed there one night for our yellowstone trip. Place was clean and comfy. Staff super friendly. continental breakfast was good. Perfect or a night or a few nights while you are on a road trip. Perfect for the a low budget.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric S, General Manager at Super 8 Livingston, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. While we certainly feel our rooms are extremely clean and our breakfast is a value, we truly pride ourselves in providing an exceptional guest experience with our staff dedicated to customer service.