“Wonderful ride in Paradise!”

Bear Paw Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 6 Shopping in Livingston
Andover, Minnesota, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful ride in Paradise!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed our 3 hour ride through Paradise Valley. Tim and his family were very nice and knowledgeable and it was to see how seriously they took safety, plus you could really tell the horses were very well taken care of. I have to add -- Tim's granddaughter was in the lead and such a nice young girl.
An experience we won't soon forget (& haven't yet, our trip was this summer). Thank you!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stcsgirl

Puyallup, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful Ride in Paradise Valley”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I enjoyed our 3 hour horse ride up in the hills above Paradise Valley. The horses are very big and strong. The owners are serious about safety both for the riders and the horses. We rode through a meadow, across a creek and up the hills to enjoy a spectaular view of Paradise Valley below.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank golfermom2013
athens, georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The Real Deal!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a three day pack trip with Bear Paw Outfitters. I just want to recommend this family run company to anyone who is looking for a real adventure! Being a "horse person" I found the livestock to be well cared for and trained to do their job. Tim Bowers and several of his family members hosted six of us at their camp high up in the Absoroka Mountains. They operated in a professional manner and were knowledgeable and fun! Emily prepared delicious meals. The camp was comfortable and we even keep dry during a short hail storm! The scenery was gorgeous as the wild flowers were blooming and the mountain views were incredible! All in all we found this trip with Bear Paw everything and more than what we were expecting. A true western riding experience!! We hope to join y'all again soon!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank asc1960
Livingston, Montana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Around”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

For the last three summers our daughter has taken riding lessons from Emily at Bear Paw Outfitters. Emily has taught her many aspects of riding including bare back, side saddle, how to saddle, trail riding as well as washing "her" horse Cloudy. She always looks forward to going up to Bear Paw every week. Emily is very accommodating when times have to be changed, especially when she is concerned about the well being of the horses. She is always looking at the temperature and weather. In Montana, thunderstorms pop up quite often on summer afternoons. She doesn't want anyone hurt or scared.

We have taken many family members and friends up to ride with Bear Paw and frankly would not use anyone else.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Barbara C
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Ride anywhere but here.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nasty Father/Curt Daughter Team – Unless you like to be treated with threatening, disrespect, find another outfitter. It was inconceivable that someone would speak to a customer in the nasty accusatory tone as Tim did to us. He was down right menacing.
Months prior to our vacation I spoke to someone at Bear Paw Outfitters about an all day ride for our girls. I was told riders leave at 9 -9:30 and return 3-3:30. The ½ day ride is four hours. I thought, okay, six hours will do. The morning we arrived Emily was rather abrupt in her greeting. I asked her what time to pick up the girls and was told 2:30.
When I questioned 2:30 (5 hours) she curtly replied “2:30”. A few minutes later Tim, Emily's father, approached my husband and I and said “do we have a problem here?” We explained my conversation from a few months ago about the timing of an all-day ride. In a truly nasty and threatening tone, Tim said all their information is perfectly clear and I was wrong.
The girls were out of earshot, were eager to ride, and it was our last day of vacation. If not for these factors we would have left that instant. When I picked them up after the ride (tip time), Emily had become friendly. I left no tip but wanted to give her this tip; treat customers with respect and never let your father near a customer – or anyone!

Visited August 2012