“Great staff, ok food.”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We liked our waitress who was like a lovely sister who wanted to take good care of us. I ordered the grilled romaine salad with chicken. The chicken was good but the dressing on the romaine was bland. My friend's pasta dish was only OK. The dessert selection wasn't very extensive - mostly heavy, creamy selections. We were disappointed and would probably not return.

1  Thank coloradolaurel

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I were staying in Livingston for a day and stopped here for dinner. Nice, quaint, and well appointed. She had the Lasagna and I had wild Salmon with risotto. Both were excellent. I also had a Caesar salad with a very interesting dressing. The owner came out to talk and we had a very pleasant conversation. It was a very nice evening.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Tonight my wife, son, and I decided to try a local place. We went to the Allegro, a part of this restaurant. Despite a number of menu choices the waiter informed us when we entered that he would only serve pizza. Well, ok, despite antipasta, pasta, and other choices on the menu he would only serve pizza-- strange place we thought.

But we went ahead and tried two types of pizza. Flavor ok but crust is not Italian.
The worst was yet to come.

Towards the end of our meal someone dressed in cooks clothing took a seat next to mine, literally two feet away. That person had been standing outside the restaurant for the two hours we were there drinking several glasses of wine the whole time.

He and a companion decided to light their cigarettes. The smoke immediately came to our table and drowned out any nice Italian flavors, despite being illegal and violating two sections of the Montana smoking laws.

I complained to our waiter. He said, "That is the owner and he can do whatever he wants."

Guess what, we will never go back to that place again. No wonder it was empty.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We live in Livingston and wanted a good place to go as we both love Italian. Made a reservation 3 days in advance and when we got there they had no record of it. No problem, we were the only ones there. Now I know why. Looked over the menu and each got a salad and entree. I got the ceaser. The dressing was not ceaser, it was balsamic and oil. Croutons were simply dried bread. Wife got the grilled Romain which was good. Her entree was supposed to have roasted peppers and they were no where to be found. I got the germelli which was ok though the sauce as a little heavy. Fresh bread was nice though. Great wine list if you want Italian wine by the bottle. By the glass wine selection is terrible.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Six adult members of the family shared a delicious meal here. The experience began with an unexpectedly broad wine list. The meals ordered ranged form a specially prepared vegetarian gluten-free dish to the best duck breast my daughter has ever tasted. The wait staff made us feel at home with her good humor and thorough attention and at the end of the evening we had a very pleasant visit with the chef. Every thing was good. We all loved it. Before we were out of city limits we were talking about going back again.