“Disappointed”
Review of Hotel Lincoln

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Hotel Lincoln
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We read the rave reviews and decided to stay here. Laurie and her family work very hard to provide a comfortable experience but it does not deserve five stars. So just beware if you decide to stay here. The room we stayed in was very small with inadequate lighting and a side table only on one side of the bed. There was room for another table so I don't know why they didn't put one in the corner where there was space. The floor slants downward which you can feel as you get up in the night, but nothing to be disturbed about. Its an old hotel that's been renovated. The bathroom was just OK. The bedspread was old and drab and I was a little surprised that they kept it, as it really detracted from the log room effect. We spent no time in the room because it was not comfortable. The food in the restaurant was OK but not as good as was expected from the rave reviews. I had the ribs which were dry. But the barbecue sauce was really great! The worst thing for me was that there was no coffee until 7am. We wake up by 5am so it was a huge bummer to have to walk out on the road, and go to a 24 hour gas station for my first cup of Joe at 6:30am. They even had a desk in the room so they could've put coffee makers in the room--that seems worth it to keep coffee lovers happy first thing in the morning. The area in the back of the hotel is beautiful, next to a stream where deer run by as you sit in the steamer chairs. When you read the reviews make sure to read reviews for folks who stayed there because it looks like they mixed in restaurant only reviews with hotel reviews.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank idyllwildgirl
Laurie P, Owner at Hotel Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Hello Disappointed.
I am so sorry your experience wasn't five stars like everyone else's is. One reason there are no coffee makers in this hotel is because it is a 100 year old log hotel and we wish to keep dangers and insurance down so we don't have to pass the cost on to you. Maybe you noticed the lack of plugs in the rooms. I get up at 6 every morning and make fresh Tully's coffee for our guests....remember? I met you in the doorway at 6:15 when you came back from the gas station as you said "oh no biggy", ...yet you write it here. Also, remember how you raved about your ribs when I checked on you the 2nd time and you asked me to wrap them? I COULD have fixed it the first OR second time. But you waited to tell me....here. I'm glad you liked your sauce. As for the slanted floor and OK bathroom, why mention them if they don't distract? Hopefully you will come back as we have all new bedding. No more of that shabby chic. Remember I wrote you and asked which room it was so I could replace it? Perhaps you don't remember, at least you did not write me back. So I looked in all the rooms. Well, I couldn't find one, but I have replaced several as our regular rotation requires. We work very hard for our 5 stars, I too am disappointed that you didn't have a great experience as so many others do when they are here. Maybe next time. Make sure you let me know you are coming as I will personally care for you. Thank you for your review. Remember our halfy hour from 3-5 daily!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We found this gem on TA, and when we arrived, realized how rustic it is. "Historic" can mean many things. So although our room meets the description of rustic (exposed logs inside, etc.), this is quite a gem of an experience. Laurie, our host, and the head chef, was last year one of six chefs in this state to be selected to "A Taste of Montana", which pulls the best of the best. After checking in, we were offered a delightful upgrade because of Veteran status. Our room, although a large suite, does not have a microwave/fridge. No breakfast included, although after eating in the restaurant tonight, we look forward to the sumptuous breakfast menu. (Tully's coffee!!!) Upon first arrival we thought this might be a bit too "historic" but......... then we began to explore. This place is full of local color, great people who come here often, are faithful, and trustworthy, and so willing and eager to make your stay pleasant. The restaurant is quite beyond what you might expect in this tiny town: the Vodka pasta, and Chipotle ribs, not to be missed. Add the delicious wedge salad, and you'll know why we had to leave some behind............. after dinner, we sat with proprietor Laurie on the front porch and she graciously spent some wine time with us, while calling forward to Whitefish for further restaurant recommendations. Really, folks...... this has been a diamond in our trip tiara. Trip Advisor, you got this one right for sure.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kaardiner
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The restaurant experience in the dining room is worth a trip of several hours. The quality of the meat is excellent, and the chef's preparations are so good it not "just" steak. Freshness, imaginative pairings, and a very nice wine/drinks list round it out. The beautiful drive and scenery just top it all off. This is pricey by local standards, but the quality is so worth it! We'll be back--with guests--again!

Room Tip: Did not see rooms, came just for the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I got stranded in Lincoln on my way back to school during a huge storm. I walked in shaky and nervous and was immediately greeted by Laurie with a huge smile on her face. She and the other guests who got stuck in the storm were so welcoming and kind. I went to my room after I checked in, but Laurie came down to check on me and brought me back out the bar to hang out with everyone. It was a sweet gesture that I am so grateful for. She made us all vodka pasta (cream, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and a little heat from jalapenos at the very end) at about 12:30 AM that was AMAZING and a dessert dish that had both her banana ravioli (which I didn't try) and mango/vanilla Haagen-Dazs swirl thingy on it. The ice cream was served with whipped cream and blackberries and I could have eaten it all night.
The queen room could be considered small, but I think it's the perfect size for 1-2 people. It was clean and the building is so classic that I didn't mind hearing the creaking in the hallway from the other guests. There wasn't any conditioner in the bathroom but it's an easy sacrifice to make for a comfortable bed, great atmosphere, and fantastic food. If I get stuck anywhere again, I hope it's here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mariah W
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were lucky enough to attend one of Laurie's wine tasting/food pairings. We ended up coming back a few weeks later (only live 1 1/2 hours away), to stay again. The owners are eclectic, friendly and provide guests with an entertaining plethora of stories. We will definitely be back. If you visit, the Vodka Pasta is exquisite!

Room Tip: Stayed twice on both floors--very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here with my cycling group. I was charmed by the log cabin rooms and the nicest people! The rooms are small and the furnishings are basic, but go with the flow and enjoy this little hotel for what it has to offer. The shower was way in the back of the room, almost cave-like, and could have used more lighting, but overall i felt like this little hotel was a fun experience and i was glad to have stayed there. The window faced front and i slept with it wide open and listened to a storm outside, feeling very safe and cozy in the bed.

Room Tip: Try the restaurant on the premises!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank califbikegal
Laurie P, Owner at Hotel Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. I see your group is booked here again this year. We can't wait to accommodate you again! You were all so much fun! We have a new heat pump this year so the air conditioning is working wonderfully well! Remember halfy hour is at check-in from 3 until 5!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Delicious food. Small but comfortable rooms. Everything was very well kept. Small bar downstairs so you can have a night cap, or short walk to several bars if you have the energy. Pet friendly, although squeaky wood floors may wake them up. Recommend bringing some white noise for your pet to sleep with. No free breakfast but they were toying with serving breakfast regularly in the resturant during our stay. The owners were amazing and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Lincoln? Share your experiences!