“True Libby Charm”
Review of Venture Inn

Venture Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Libby
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have stayed at the Venture Inn many times and have always enjoyed my stay. It is a true mom and pop small town gem. It doesn't have the bells and whistles but everyone is friendly and many of the rooms have been upgraded.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are a little quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for your review. We have a new owner and are working on getting some of those 'bells and whistles' you might enjoy on your next visit. Please stop in to visit with me. I'd like get your opinion on how we could meet more of your lodging needs.

There are newer reviews for Venture Inn

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed here August 2013 for 3 days and again in May2014 for 3days. All the Motels in Libby are old. I've been coming to Libby for 40 years and not much has changed. The venture inn was the Libby "ritz" in its younger years. In 2013 things seemed worn out. At our most recent visit it was very pleasant to have new comfortable bedding and updated furnishings. Our room had new paint and generally looked pretty spiffy , new fridge and microwave too. The one thing Venture Inn has always been good about... the rooms are clean! Even if not "the ritz" they are clean. Staff people are very nice. The restaurant at venture Inn has a lovely view, it is quiet, relaxed has some really good menu items.

Room Tip: Third floor view to the east.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for your review. Our guests will continue to see more upgrades, the latest of which is a much improved internet service. We appreciate your kind comments and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night after a wet, cold day at an archery shoot. Big, nicely furnished room with excellent bed. Recliner and flat screen TV were really nice after sitting in the cold. Friendly staff, free coffee in the lobby in the morning all added to the stay. Will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Libby.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thanks so much for posting your review. We value our customers' imput. We're in the process of upgrading all our rooms so look for more improvements in the months to come.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here six years ago. It is better now. The staff is great. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The food is good. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The new flat-screen TV's are tiny but they are a great move forward form the TV's that were here six years ago.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thank you for your review. Although our staff is much the same as 6 years ago, the Venture Inn has a new owner! We now have refrigerators and microwaves in every room, new SAATVA brand mattresses and bigger TV's in most of the rooms and more upgrades on the way. Our mission is to provide our customers with a clean, safe and comfortable night's lodging. Thanks again for using tripadvisor.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

They put amazing new mattresses in the room, and they are really comfortable. Very fine sheets and covers, flat screen tv's, and all new towels. They also are in the process of upgrading the Internet, that was freezing before, and I can get it work no problem now. Super clean, comfy, very friendly staff, and I love the restaurant.

They have a really well managed salad bar. Love this place.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you need. They work hard to get it. I use a roll in shower, and they do all so...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

THANK YOU for your kind review. We are working hard to improve every aspect of your lodging and dining experience. Our customers will be seeing more positive changes this spring and summer season.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Room was next to a side street, delivery trucks parked there with running engines and huge lights shining into our room. With curtains closed, we all woke up to the loud noise and lights. We were staying there for a funeral so it made for a very tiring weekend. When we told front desk, they said yes thats where trucks park. The front desk had wax burning that did not smell like the scent they said, it smelled like cat pee. We told the front desk, was told it did smell good and never had complaints. Check in was awful, the lady was rude and did not understand how to cash out our rooms with cash and credit. We ended up cancelling a room and all staying together so she could check us in. Later we told our family of the confusion, they said they had the same experience. Pool was nice. Restaurant had great food. If you stay here ask to be away from the side road facing the park/ cemetary.

• Stayed: October 2013
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We have requested that the noisy trucks either deliver later or park a significant distance away from the building or both. I wish your comments had been more timely (you stayed in OCT 2013) so I could have dealt with the front desk clerk, however, she is no longer with us. We have made considerable improvements since your stay: new mattresses, new bedding, microwaves and refrigerators. I hope that on your next trip to Libby you will stay with us and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Have stayed various times over 30+ years, but last time was maybe 20 y ago. Rooms are being very well upgraded as far as beds, furniture and the air-conditioner/heater! Good job!

But the WiFi is THE WORST I have experienced since WiFi has been offered in hotels! I got far better consistent & dependable connections in a very rural small B&B/hotel in Alaska - or you name it! If you are going to cater to business travelers, much less most tech savvy travelers, the hotel really needs to spend some $$ to bring in a specialist that can fix their system. WiFi was fast - as long as it stayed connected, but I was constantly being dropped, often right in the middle of sending an important email! Computer could connect to the router, but detected failed attempts of router to make internet connection and constantly tried to reconnect on the other router available in the hotel, usually to no avail.

Room was sorta clean upon check in, vacuumed, clean bed etc (I think) ... but someone had spilled coffee (I think, we didn't actually test the stuff...) all OVER the counter in the bathroom, some on the tub, which I partially wiped up. It was not immediately obvious, but came off when I wiped up some water splashed on the counter when I washed my hands ... very BROWN residue on the tissues, anywhere you wiped the counter! There were drops on the ice bucket and plastic bag in that and on the nicely folded white wash cloth in the 'basket' with the soap, etc. How does housekeeping miss 1/2" brown spots on a white washcloth??? Also found some spattered on the night stand by the bed and brown finger prints on the plastic stand up card with the TV channels on it. Yuck! Very nice and helpful lady at desk offered to give me another room .. considered that, but was already unpacked a spread out when I discovered all this. She replaced my washcloth and said they would make sure to clean better the next day .. appeared they did so.

All staff was without fail very pleasant and helpful, both in restaurant and hotel. Not too many other places to stay in Libby, but hope they improve the deficiencies.

Room Tip: Top Floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Oh my, I apologize for our wi-fi.....we were experiencing the same problems in our office and Front Desk. Very frustrating! We learned that our router, which was recently purchased, was the culprit. Others were experiencing similar problems. Router was replaced, connectivity greatly improved.

As for the brown stuff on the bathroom counter, that was Old English dark furniture polish. A newly employed housekeeper tried to improve the looks of the counter and used the WRONG product. Apparently it ended up on more than just the countertop. The employee has been 'retrained'. I am so sorry you had this negative experience. We have been working hard to insure our customers have the cleanest rooms and a great night's rest.

Please give us another opportunity to serve you when you are in the area and THANK YOU so much for your all your comments.

Sincerely, Linda G., Manager