“Okay but a little expensive”
Review of Venture Inn

Venture Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Libby
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Okay but a little expensive”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Nothing major wrong with the Venture, it was clean and the staff was nice yet it was not as nice for the price as the other motels we stayed at on this trip. The rooms were fine but could use some updating.
They had one computer that was to be shared by all guests but it was tied up by one person for over 4 hours; the staff should have stepped in to assure sharing or, as in other motels, there should be a sign limiting usage. I had my laptop but the other couple we were travelling with wanted to check email and had to wait until I was done.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pwberndt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bay Area, California
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We go to Libby annually to visit In-Laws. From what we have heard Venture is the best option available but that might not be saying much. Each year I have found our stay to be less tolerable than the last. This year we slept very little and checked out after our third night feeling sleep deprived and relieved to be staying elsewhere (a cabin outside of town). Why was our stay so unbearable you ask? Well, the main problem we had this time was the noise. This has been a problem in the past as well. If you stay in the front part of the hotel you will hear the traffic from the highway roaring by at all hours, don't forget the trucks and the Harleys :) We thought it might be quieter for us to be in the back of the hotel this time, but not so. The first night I could hear neighbors talking loudly until morning hours, using the bathroom, blasting the tv, and talking at the top of their lungs. After the second night my husband woke very tired complaining that the neighbor children staying in the room on the other side of us were slamming their doors and running up and down the halls all night. I heard this as well. The third night I jumped wake in surprise hearing a hysterical woman crying and screaming at her male partner and exclaiming that she wanted her XBox and he finally threw it in the hallway along with her things and they continued to fight and scream and slam doors and chase each other around the hallway, this all started around 12:30 AM and was finally diffused by the police around 1:30 or 2:00 AM. I was so upset by the whole thing, especially hearing her sobbing and the callous voices of the police as they were escorting the female out of the hotel, that I was unable to sleep for another hour and a half. We checked out the next day. Other problems? As if that wasn't enough. It wasn't clean. It appeared "neat" but the carpet was filthy and so was the bathroom floor. The tub did not appear to have been bleached or scrubbed recently. Our room did have a half fridge and a flat screen tv but the cable was 20 or so basic cable channels and the rest of the room was not what I would call "modern". The bedspreads are filthy looking and worn and seem to be the same ones I have seen throughout the years. Our room did not even have a dresser with drawers, a hair dryer, a microwave, or an iron or board, shampoo comes in little plastic one serving packets as if they are rationing. Many of the staff have been rather gruff, not the friendliest bunch, though I have run into about two friendly people out of about six I have dealt with. Every year I wish for some other option, some cleaner, friendlier, fancier place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Delancy1
Anchorage
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Motor Inn in Libby, MT. The staff was very friendly and courteous, the WiFi was fast, and the room's decor was tasteful and clean. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AKalc_J
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband, nephew and I stayed here for 1 night. The staff was friendly and helpful. We found the rooms and common areas to be rather dated (70's style) but everything appeared to be clean and tidy. One thing missing that I expect to find in all hotel rooms was a hair dryer. The restaurant offered good food at a reasonable price. Overall a positive experience and I expect that we will stay here again the next time we pass through Libby.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CalCanuck
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed June 13, 2011

An older hotel but they keep things clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They have wireless internet, but the best speed I could achieve on via several speed tests during the evening was 0.8 mbits/sec, so don't expect to watch any streaming videos.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank BHunsaker
Olalla
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I can't describe my stay at the Venture Motor Inn any other way. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were spotless, but the normalcy ended there. The corridors were narrow and habitrail-like, the painted cinder block walls giving it a gymnasium/Stalag 17 feel. The paint/color scheme on the room walls looked as though someone had read a book entitled "Exciting Home Painting Techniques" and used the weirdest splotch paint pattern they could find. The tile in my bathroom was a dark red affair, with strange swirl geometric patterns bordering each tile edge. Trippy, acid-induced Jim Morrison style is what I'm getting at here.. The furniture looked like it was either a) picked up at Goodwill or a 70's garage sale, or b) original equipment. When I opened my expansive curtain, I discovered that my window looked out onto the enclosed area between the restaurant and the motel giving me an unparalleled view of the access ramp and lockers in the wide corridor, the pool off to the left; needless to say, there was no natural light for me that afternoon. The window itself resembled an old sliding glass door and opened in the same way to a width that would have allowed me to throw my mattress out sideways if I wanted to.
The water was plenty hot, but the shower head was like the kind in a boy's locker room shower stall, and the valve that diverted the water from the spigot to the shower head only worked part way; probably half of the water poured right down the drain , making me wonder about the efforts of the management to be green and conserve water by not doing the linens every day.
We couldn't find the continental breakfast, I guess we're supposed to ask for it and be watched over while serving ourselves. Maybe we were supposed to know a secret knock and get into the sneaky breakfast headquarters? If it's offered, then put it out there for us to find. If we have to beg for our breakfast, then it takes away from the experience. So instead, we went into the restaurant (thought the Continental might be in there) and wound up ordering the morning special and using breakfast vouchers (sort of like food stamps) to receive a discount. The waitress brought a carafe of coffee for us, but that was it; once the carafe was empty, it was time to go, I guess. Folger's coffee must be a real luxury item for the Venture Motor Inn. Oh well, the food was good..
Overall, I would have to rate my experience here as below average. There was this overall vibe I couldn't shake, as though they really didn't want us here. The stinginess of the promised breakfast was a bit of a slap; I don't like to have to ask for my meal, this isn't the gospel mission. It was almost like staying with a stingy grandmother. I was glad to find lodging elsewhere in town for the remainder of the week.

Room Tip: Go to the Sandman. Better rates, better rooms.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank OlallaSteve
Montana
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We have family in the Libby area and have been looking for a comfortable place to stay when in the area--we found it last night at the Venture Inn. We spent a long day of driving on less than desirable road conditions and looked at all the motels in town. We decided that a place that offered an indoor corridor would be warmer. We were pleasantly greeted by the front desk worker, who looked for any discounts that may be available. We ended up with a rate of $65 + tax, including a continental breakfast or $2 off another breakfast. Their on site restaurant offered a breakfast of eggs, bacon , hash browns, and toast for $2.99--with our $2 off, we had a great breakfast for 99 cents each. The room we had was updated, clean, new carpeting and paint, 2 sinks, coffee maker, fridge, and an extra blanket! I had to look for the shampoo--it was on the sink in the sleeping area, not in the bathroom. The king sized bed was comfortable, and the flat screen TV was nice. I didn't hear any noise from the road. We didn't take advantage of the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment on those aspects of the property. We've stayed in other motels in the area, and have never gone back to any of them a second time. We were extremely happy with the Venture Inn, and will definitely stay there on our trips to the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple