Sandman Motel
Caboose Motel(Libby)(Great Value!)
$79
$110
The Country Inn(Libby)(Great Value!)
$98
Lakeside Motel & Resort(Trout Creek)(Great Value!)
Dodge Peak Lodge(Bonners Ferry)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
$70
$74
TripAdvisor
All reviewsplace to stayroom was cleanflat screen tvsandmanmotelmicrowave
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Reviewed December 28, 2005

I am a businessman and I have a crew of workers located in Libby. We move from area to area and we require additional accommodation requirements in the field we are in. Our first night in Libby we stayed at a motel that advertises remodeled rooms. We were absolutely disgusted with the so-called renovated rooms and hot breakfast. The clerk was abrupt and only wanted our money.
We asked around town the next day and was advised by all the restaurants that the only place to stay was the Sandman. We are so thankful to those people. We were more than impressed with The sandman Motel. The rooms are absolutely wonderful. As they advertise, Impeccably Clean. The Management and staff accommodate EVERY need that we require. They really go out of their way to help everyone. Nothing is too much trouble.
I would suggest that any traveler, businessperson, family, or whoever, only ever stay at the Sandman Motel. I know my employees an I will only stay there.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Spokane
Reviewed December 27, 2005

We have stayed in the other Motels in Libby before, but not again. The Sandman Motel has it all. Beautiful rooms, breakfast, amenities, service with a smile. We loved it. And a fantastic price.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Shoshoni,Wyoming
Reviewed November 29, 2005

I called 2 weeks ahead of time to make Reservations I was given the impression all was taken care of and my room would be ready when I arrived! I arrived and was told to come back in an hour, no problem, I came back in an hour then I was told another 45 min so Ileft came back then I was told another hour ,left came back then I was told another 20 minutes and that I need to pay a pet deposit and pay for the room! I made the reservations and discussed me having the dog and they said it would all be charged to my credit card yet they never charged anything!! By this time I was very upset! I had been traveling for 16 hours all I wanted was a shower but my room wasnt ready and apperently the payment transaction had never been done!So I endded up not getting a room at this motel! I will never go there again!I belive accurasy is a must in this buisness you tell a customer something then thats the way it should be dont tell the customer what they want to hear then when they show up its all a different story!
very dissapointed customer from Wyoming!

Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2005

Rooms were very clean as advertised, but we were put up in a smoking room after being told by the reservationist when we made the reservation that they had one non-smoking room where they allowed pets. Motel was pet-friendly, but you'll have to stay in a smoking room & the smoke was exceedingly thick in the room we were in. Continental breakfast was terrible: over-ripe fruit & stale muffins. Weak coffee topped off the joke for a continental breakfast. We should have stayed at the Caboose Motel from what I heard from the locals when we ate a real breakfast later that morning at the Libby Cafe. The Libby Cafe is located downtown & while the prices are pretty expensive, the food and service were excellent. Waitresses had a great sense of humor, also. Highly recommend the Huckleberry Pancakes & homemade huckleberry syrup--yum! For sight-seeing, highly suggest stopping east of Libby to see the falls on the Kootenai River. Worth the short hike. At the same stop, the Swinging Bridge built over the river is a longer hike, but the scenery is awesome! Lake Koocanusa, north of Libby, is also beautiful!

2  Thank howler5
Reviewed April 30, 2005

I recently stayed at the Sandman Motel with my family and pets. The room was very clean and the prices reasonable. The service was excellent and staff were friendly. I was able to check my email in my room with high speed interent. I have enjoyed several stays at this motel. My only complaint is noise level at times from nearby rooms and limited breakfast choices, however these will not prevent me from returning.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member