“Don't believe their sign out front - HUGE Breakfast a JOKE”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandman Motel

Sandman Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Libby
Astoria, Oregon
“Don't believe their sign out front - HUGE Breakfast a JOKE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

Room was adequate, but nothing special. Nothing but a bar of soap, no shampoo or lotion. Advertised as a HUGE breakfast, but it was only a couple of pre-fozen waffles & pancakes that you had to heat up, and some orange drink - NOT real orange juice, and some bread for toast. NO meat items or even boiled eggs. All this served in their tiny lobby which measured only about 5' x 8'. No place to sit.
If you're just looking for a quick in & out on the highway, this place has it, but for a few dollars more you could stay at one of the other couple of low-cost chain motels that have a pool and/or hot tub. Good if you have a dog you want to travel with.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SBHOregon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Richland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

AAA rating, and assurance of IMPECCABLY clean rooms brought us to this motel...our room was bare bones, sheets so thin I could see through them and the floor in the bathroom and kitchenette area was filthy... Very disappointing

• Disliked — the filthy floor and the orange mildewed shower curtain
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank JeanSWashington
SandmanMotel, Owner at Sandman Motel, responded to this review, December 22, 2008
I am the owner of the Sandman Motel and I would like to explain the bad review we received. We had just employed a new maid who had an ulterior motive for working for us. Her motive was to not work at all. We promptly fired her after 2 days of employment, and regained a former employee who is by far the best housekeeper in Libby. I apologize to JeanSWashington and I assure you that was a one night only instance. We do not tolerate rooms that are nothing else but Impeccably Clean.

Thankyou

Shane Hill (Owner)
Linclon County Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2007

Best staff I have ever encountered and the rooms were very quiet and comfortable. I would recommend this motel to my friends!

• Liked — The kind front desk managers
  • Disliked — The cable tv
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2005

I am a businessman and I have a crew of workers located in Libby. We move from area to area and we require additional accommodation requirements in the field we are in. Our first night in Libby we stayed at a motel that advertises remodeled rooms. We were absolutely disgusted with the so-called renovated rooms and hot breakfast. The clerk was abrupt and only wanted our money.
We asked around town the next day and was advised by all the restaurants that the only place to stay was the Sandman. We are so thankful to those people. We were more than impressed with The sandman Motel. The rooms are absolutely wonderful. As they advertise, Impeccably Clean. The Management and staff accommodate EVERY need that we require. They really go out of their way to help everyone. Nothing is too much trouble.
I would suggest that any traveler, businessperson, family, or whoever, only ever stay at the Sandman Motel. I know my employees an I will only stay there.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2005

We have stayed in the other Motels in Libby before, but not again. The Sandman Motel has it all. Beautiful rooms, breakfast, amenities, service with a smile. We loved it. And a fantastic price.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2005

I called 2 weeks ahead of time to make Reservations I was given the impression all was taken care of and my room would be ready when I arrived! I arrived and was told to come back in an hour, no problem, I came back in an hour then I was told another 45 min so Ileft came back then I was told another hour ,left came back then I was told another 20 minutes and that I need to pay a pet deposit and pay for the room! I made the reservations and discussed me having the dog and they said it would all be charged to my credit card yet they never charged anything!! By this time I was very upset! I had been traveling for 16 hours all I wanted was a shower but my room wasnt ready and apperently the payment transaction had never been done!So I endded up not getting a room at this motel! I will never go there again!I belive accurasy is a must in this buisness you tell a customer something then thats the way it should be dont tell the customer what they want to hear then when they show up its all a different story!
very dissapointed customer from Wyoming!

Stayed November 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Goodyear, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2005

Rooms were very clean as advertised, but we were put up in a smoking room after being told by the reservationist when we made the reservation that they had one non-smoking room where they allowed pets. Motel was pet-friendly, but you'll have to stay in a smoking room & the smoke was exceedingly thick in the room we were in. Continental breakfast was terrible: over-ripe fruit & stale muffins. Weak coffee topped off the joke for a continental breakfast. We should have stayed at the Caboose Motel from what I heard from the locals when we ate a real breakfast later that morning at the Libby Cafe. The Libby Cafe is located downtown & while the prices are pretty expensive, the food and service were excellent. Waitresses had a great sense of humor, also. Highly recommend the Huckleberry Pancakes & homemade huckleberry syrup--yum! For sight-seeing, highly suggest stopping east of Libby to see the falls on the Kootenai River. Worth the short hike. At the same stop, the Swinging Bridge built over the river is a longer hike, but the scenery is awesome! Lake Koocanusa, north of Libby, is also beautiful!

2 Thank howler5