“Excellent place to stay. This used to be a Rodeway Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Country Inn

and 1 more site!
The Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Libby
Eureka, Montana
“Excellent place to stay. This used to be a Rodeway Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Clean and well kept property. The room was clean and the bed was excellent. Good linens and towels as well. The A/C worked well and there was good hot water.
The Owners are hands on and go the extra mile for their guests. the parking lot is concrete not asphalt so no danger of my Bike tipping over Continental Breakfast is cereal and toast and muffins and bagels as well as home made preserves for the toast.. Would recommend this as an excellent reasonably priced place to stay in the Libby area. Would go back if in the area again.

1 Thank Unckebuck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Moraga, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The room was nice, with minimal decor.
During check-in, they said that WiFi was available; however, there was no WiFi reception in our room. We had to go to the lobby to get reception.
Noisy air conditioner disrupted our sleep.
Comfortable bed and pillows.
No coffee in the room.
Breakfast was provided - cereal, toast, and coffee.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Due to an unfortunate accident I had with a deer, my husband and I spent several days in this inn. The place is very clean and quiet. What makes this place so special is the owners, Mick and Brenda.. Right from the start they made us feel at home, part of their family. We will always be grateful for their kindness, help and understanding and friendship. We were not the only lucky ones. It was obvious they made everybody who stayed in their Country Inn feel special.
Libby is very far away from my home in WV and our next driving trip in US will be towards the SW but I would love to see Mick and Brenda again. Who knows, "country roads" of WV might lead to Country Inn of Libby,MT

Room Tip: Any room is fine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Femsi
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

What can I say except the words “Appreciation” and “Gratitude” when it comes to Mick and Brenda. I am an unusual recipient of their kindness. I had a motor bike accident which resulted in me not actually staying at their hotel. The way they reached out to help a fellow travellor was truly amazing.

When my pal Steward and I were “busted up” and needing assistance in Libby, Montana, Mick and Brenda, the owners of The Country Inn, where we were booked, were extremely helpful.

Brenda drove my friend back to the hospital to pick me up at midnight. She then waited for close to an hour while I wandered around half drugged and confused trying to decide if I wanted to stay in the Hotel or the Hospital.

Mick Vinson gave me us his truck a couple of times to drive over to the hotel and check on me.

Mick also lent Simon and Stewart his truck to help them get me and my bikes over to Mick's RV Park, so we could store the bikes in his Storage Shed until we knew what we were going to do.

Mick then helped Stewart find a pilot to fly a plane over the mountains to pick him up and fly him to Spokane. He also drove over to the little private airport and waited until the pilot arrived.
They also let me check out late without charge.

All of this from a 40 room hotel that charges $82 a night for a double room. Not a single additional charge for rental or his truck, or chauffeuring us around. All Mick requested was that we write a review for him to Trip Advisor. The above is my review, I cannot think of better words than Appreciation and Gratitude when I think of the Libby Country Inn and the owners Mick and Brenda.

Peter H Thomas
Chairman
Samoth Capital Corporation
The Developer The Four Seasons Hotel
Scottsdale, Arizona

1 Thank Peter T
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

These people really go out of their way to make you a happy camper. Brenda supplied me with a bucket, soap, garden hose and even towels to wash my bike on the way back home from Sturgis. Her idea, not mine!!

The whole place was clean and dead quiet at night and the price was great. I won't even look at any other motel in Libby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1gal1guy
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Okay, it's not the Four Seasons. It's a basic motor lodge you would expect in small town US.

But, the owners give the kind of service that is simply amazing. My friend and I came down on our motorcycles to ride around and take in the Libby Blues Festival. The festival location was a bit of a distance from the Country Inn. We could walk there I suppose, but no chance of walking back after a few beers. I won't ride after two beers and, as it turns out, no taxis in Libby. So what? Mick immediately offered to drop us off at the festival. Brenda gave me a card with her cell phone number so we could call for the ride home. We needed it. The pattern repeated itself the next day of the festival. Two people operating a very clean Inn and doing whatever they can to make you comfortable and help you enjoy Libby Mt.

By the way, for riders, this is an ideal stop. The owners have a picnic table front and back. We linked up with other riders for a bit of a 'chew the fat while drinking too much session' at one table. Need I add, BYOB, which, conveniently enough, is available at the liquor store 50 yards away.

A good place with good people. By the way, Mick is a dead ringer for comedian Ron White (especially the voice) and has the same sense of humor. He assures me he is related.

1 Thank RMG42
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently spent two nights at The Country Inn and experienced the kind of friendly hospitality that you hear about, but seldom experience.
The room was clean, and the check in was efficient, but what really set this hotel above the usual experience was the staff.
The owner/managers Brenda and Mick treated us like long lost friends.
We had a minor motorcycle crash the day before and Mick and Brenda did everything humanly possible to help us get patched up and back on the road again.
I can't say enough about them and this little gem of a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends