“Good Place to Stop Between SD and Yellowstone”

Best Western Yellowstone Crossing
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Laurel
New York City, New York
“Good Place to Stop Between SD and Yellowstone”
Reviewed September 22, 2006

Nice hotel right off of the interstate. We had begun our day in Hill City, SD (right near Mt Rushmore), drove thru Deadwood to Devils Tower to Custer Battlefield and made it to the hotel by early evening. The next day we made the trip thru Red Lodge over the Beartooth Pass (DON'T MISS OUT ON SEEING THE BEARTOOTH PASS, the drive isn't that bad) into Yellowstone. Stop in Cooke City for lunch. As far as the room goes, we had a king suite on the first floor which was large and you could close off the sitting area. Good complementary breakfast. Nice pool/jacuzzi area. Good laundry facilities. Walked to the Pizza Hut right next door for dinner. Being a somewhat light sleeper my only complaint would be that you could hear a train horn a few times at night. It wasn't too loud but it was there. Most people probably wouldn't be bothered by it. If I were making the same trip again I would definitely stay there again. Happy travelling!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank fuzzi_logic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
North Dakota
Reviewed February 26, 2006

We've stayed at this hotel twice - once in the summer and once in the winter, and both times, excellent!

The first time we stayed in this hotel, it was owned by Super 8 and only cost $39 per night. We were WOWED by the amenities at that price: free high speed internet, a clean pool and whirlpool, very comfortable beds and spacious bathrooms with a vanity outside the bathroom to avoid tie-ups. The beds are so comfortable. I'm glad I brought an alarm or I could have slept all day! We stayed the week after Sturgis motorcycle rally, so the hotel was loaded with "tough guys" on motorcycles. We were worried about noise when we initially saw that, but we didn't hear a thing.

The second time we stayed, in December 2005, Best Western had taken it over and we paid $89 for a room with 2 Queens, and had the same good experience.

The breakfast is huge - everything from cereal to muffins to french toast to biscuits and gravy, and they have a nice little sitting area too.

The hotel is decorated in a rustic style with wooden furniture: a funny little quirk is that the benches in the hallways are all "branded" with "S 8" from when the hotel used to be a Super 8. The high speed Internet is fast and required no setup for my Apple Powerbook.

There are several gas stations and coffee places nearby, and a Pizza Hut right next door if you get in late and are tired like we were.

My only complaint regards parking lot security. The parking lot is big and well lit, and has room for parking with trailers. However, though I parked my truck with UHaul trailer right under a light, visible from the lobby window, it was obvious it had been tampered with in the morning - someone had tried to undo the chains from my trailer hitch (but I had them locked in place). What could have been undone was though, and laying all over the pavement behind my truck. Other than that little sour point, it was a great night.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank Lazylightning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Super 8 Columbus
#1 of 51 in Billings
Big Horn Resort
Big Horn Resort
#17 of 51 in Billings

Been to Best Western Yellowstone Crossing? Share your experiences!