“Walls are "paper thin" even according to staff, they are!”

Best Western Yellowstone Crossing
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Laurel
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Walls are "paper thin" even according to staff, they are!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stayed here before, and was disturbed by what I thought was just a loud neighbor and kids running. This time, I had a neighbor who was a loud snorer, and he was very clearly heard until 2AM when I finally had to call the front desk to ask them to do something about it because it was so loud I could not sleep - the entire point of a hotel on a highway. At first they said, "sorry, I know the walls are paper thin here. There is not much we can do". I said, that is not a very good aswer or excuse at 2AM for a hotel to say their walls are paper thin, I can not sleep and need to drive 600+ miles tomorrow, which won't be safe now". She then said, "I guess I can call them and try to wake them up". I said, yes, please let them know it is because they are snoring too loud." Also, the kids I thought I heard running around last time, as just people walking down the halls, and in the rooms above and above on each side, the place just has NO sound insolation! The chair has cigarette burns on it, the carpet feels dirty and the soap was broken into dust when I opened it, very literally. Adding insult to injury, there were no scrambled eggs or help available for the breakfast, even after 15 minutes of being in the dining room. I would never recommend this place to anyone who needs a good sleep or wants a fair value - cost, about $115, for a bad night after taxes. The front desk staff was polite, but that should be expected, especially at a Best Western charging this high rate. for $49.95 just up the street, I know I would have had just as good an experience or better! No need to waste your money here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you have no other choice, it is far too expensive for what you get, go up th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to response and let us know how your stay was. I also want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to talk with me over the phone. I do hope that what we discussed helped and that you were satisfied with the final pricing for your room. However I do apologize for any inconvenience that you had staying with us. As we discussed I have taken it upon myself to check the rooms and make sure that they are top notch. I also apologize for the breakfast bar, we do serve as you know biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, sausage links, and many other hot items as wells as cold items. Again I am truely sorry for the walls and hearing the guest next to you. I do hope you come back to stay again so we can show you the great stay that you should have received. .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rochester, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Nice, spacious room and good breakfast selection including hot food items. Disappointed with cleanliness of carpets and flooring. Checking in and checking out went quickly and desk clerks were friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank RochesterMinn
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing us to stay with on your recent trip. I was pleased to hear that the room itself was great, along with the breakfast selection. I was also pleased that the front desk staff was able to assist you in a timely matter and the customer service was great for you. However I do apologize for the carpets and flooring in your room, I will personally take care of the situation. I do hope you come back to stay again with us.
100 Mile House, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

With the exception of very slow check-in our experience at this hotel was good. Rooms were clean and staff was helpful. Nearby train crossing makes for an interrupted night when the whistles blows. Poor selection of restaurants in Laurel except fast food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing us to stay with on your recent trip. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, however I do apologize for any problems that may have occured during the check in process. I am pleased that our staff was helpful and friendly. If you need any recommendations for restaurants our front desk has a majority of menus to choose from. I do hope you come back to stay again with us.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel allows smoking on half of the third (top) floor. We reserved a non-smoking room and were given a room on one end of the third floor. When we asked for a change in rooms we were told no, as the hotel was full. Once we stepped off the elevator we were engulfed in the smell of smoke-yuck! The room itself wasn't so bad until morning, when the smell of morning cigarettes practically billowed into our room. This is 2013, not 1980. Time to upgrade the smoking policy!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Tumbleweed101
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing us to stay with on your recent trip. I apologize deeply for the smoke smell. I have took it upon myself to make sure the housekeeping staff cleans the rooms with our smoke out spray and the hallways so the smoke smell is gone. Yes we do have half of the rooms on the floor for our smoking guests. Also to make sure the hallways do not smell of smoke my front desk staff also will make rounds on each shift to make sure nobody is smoking in the hallways and also to make sure that the doors to the smoking rooms are closed. I also apologize that we were not able to move you due to being sold out that night. We do hope you will come back and stay again so we can show you the wonderful stay that you should have received.
Sidney, Montana
Reviewed March 22, 2013

After staying in Billings for many years I would gladly drive the extra miles to stay at this exceptional property! The Front desk staff is phenomenal..TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE! The breakfast in the morning is wonderful! They have items that are both nutriious, kid-friendly, and fresh! I love the fact that the gym and pool are open 24/7!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing us to stay with. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our 24 hour pool and hot tub. We try our best to accomodate everyones needs such as the breakfast bar. We have a variety of items for everyone to enjoy. I am pleased that the customer service was excellent. We do hope you come back to stay again whether it be leisure vacation or on business. Thank you again!!
Holts Summit
Reviewed February 16, 2013

this place is centrally located and a very nice hotel, the breakfast is adequate and good and fresh every day, its clean and the staff is very nice. The pool is 24/7 as well as the spa although they won't let you bring a can of beer into the area. All I can say its very nice and clean and kept up very nicely and I'd recommend it over anything around here and a lot of places in Billings

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the dog and smokers floor although there has not been a problem with smells or noise be...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ronald W
Thank you so much for choosing us to stay with. I am pleased that you received top notch customer service. I am glad that you took the time to enjoy our many amenities that we have to offer such as the 24 hour pool and fresh hot breakfast in the morning. The third floor at our hotel is pet friendly and half of the rooms are smoking, I am glad that the smoking rooms didn't effect your non-smoking. I do hope you come back to stay again.
Sheridan, Wyoming, USA
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everything was great except the bed was in poor condition thus my wife was not happy. Cost was great for the quality of the room. The room was clean and very inviting. We were very pleased with the choice and quality of the breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank williamo727
Thank you for choosing us to stay with on your trip. I do apologize for the bed issue, we do have pillowtop mattresses that are suppose to make the bed softer and comfortable. Other then the bed issue I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I do hope you come back to stay again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Super 8 Columbus
#6 of 51 in Billings
Big Horn Resort
Big Horn Resort
#20 of 51 in Billings

Been to Best Western Yellowstone Crossing? Share your experiences!