“Much better than LaQuinta”

Hampton Inn Kalispell
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Have stayed in both hotels and this is a better stay than LaQuinta. Rates were great and all staff that we encountered were really nice. Pool stays open 24/7 and the breakfast rocks! There is a laundry on site which was also a nice perk. Beds and room was immaculate and this is my new favorite place to stay in Kalispell!!! Compared to LaQuinta...there is no comparison and this was a better deal. Really great place to stay! Can't say enough.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2010

Actually had to settle for a hospitatity suite since the hotel was packed and we made reservation late. Everything about it was terrific.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My friend & I stayed 3 nights at the Hampton in Kalispell. We were greeted by a very friendly staff, notably Lori & Kevin. They were very informative about the area & resturants in the area frequented by the locals. Upon entering our room, the first thing I noticed was it had a fresh smell, not stale & stuffy like many hotel rooms. The bathroom was spotless with big fluffy towels. The queen sized beds were very comfortable & the room was quiet. Although we didn't use it, a very nice fitness room & heated swimming pool is on the premises. A hot breakfast was included with the price of the room. Fresh fruit, omelets, waffles, & cereals were among the choices. We stayed at the Hampton on our first & last night of our vacation & would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My teenage niece and I were travelling together through Kalispell. We chose this hotel because of its high rating on tripadvisor. Although the hotel is on the outskirts, Kalispell is such a small place, it doesn't really matter as long as you have a car. The hotel room was spacious and very clean, quiet and comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast buffet included - not haute cuisine, but not unpleasant, and also there were plenty of choices of cereal, pastries, yogurts, fruit, etc. Free, trouble-free, wireless internet in the rooms.
Drawbacks: You need to have a car. The only restaurant within walking distance at all was a McDonald's (that we could tell). There used to be a mall across the highway, but it was all closed down while we were there. There was some construction going on, maybe the mall will reopen in the future? We didn't know. The breakfast seemed to be your typical food-from-a-package-heated-in-a-microwave-buffet, but it was included in the room (which already was more than reasonable).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed here for two nights on a trip to look at property in the region. The front desk clerk was knowledgeable, the staff helpful, and the breakfast (as always) was lovely. We got some good pointers on dinner, what the city was like at different times of the year, and some bits of information on the city itself. Not entirely sold on the over the top "rustic" decor, but it's very Montana-esque. We'll be back again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2009

It was great to stay here after spend the previous 2 nights in bad motels. Beds wondefull, very clean, enjoyed our stay... a 1st class Hampton. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We stayed here for a couple nights and it is a very clean hotel, the housekeeping does an excellent job here. We did get a very good rate and because of that I was happy with our stay and would stay here again.

One thing I didn't like is you will get wokeup from slaming hotel doors, it gets loud if there are enough customers staying there at the same time as you. This is a common complaint of mine though with most hotels.

Our room was average looking as the furniture is a little worn looking but not bad. The good part is the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast I tried a couple days, one day was omelette's and it was good but the next day they had some kind of french toast that tasted like the coating was shake n bake, not my favorite.

When booked I was quoted an excellent rate but after housekeeping telling me after the first night they thought I was checking out I went and inquired at the front desk and found out the rate that was put in the computer was almost $40 higher than quoted when I booked it. I mentioned this to the staff and they straightened this out.

I've read on here that the location is not good...I don't understand that. The location is fine it's a couple minute drive off the main road US 93.

After reading all the 5 star reviews on here once I got into our room I was just a bit disappointed as I find this a bit older hotel. It's a comfortable and decent hotel, that I'd class as slightly above average. I will stay here again if the price is right, if the price is higher I'll look around.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple