“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Pennsylvania
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights while visting Glacier National Park. The park is about a 40 minute drive to the west entrance and another 40 minutes to the Two Medicine entrance. Both check in and check out were smooth and the front desk people were polite and helpful. I found the rates to be reasonable and the accomadations to be top notch. The decor of the room was very nice and the beds were extremely comfortable. I also appreciated the 4 big, fluffy pillows that were provided. The room and bath were both very clean and had no problem with getting hot water. We had no problems with noise. The lounge area in the lobby was very inviting and coffee, tea and delicious cookies were an added enticement to sit and relax for a bit. The free breakfast was more than I had anticipated, they had a very nice and varied selection and everything we ate was very good. During our stay there were 2 different ladies tending to the breakfast area and they were both friendly and cheerful at 6:00 AM!
I can certainly understand why they were fully booked and apparently that is the case most of the time, so if you want to stay here you shouldn't wait until the last minute to book.
The only suggestion I would make is that the hot tub temperature should be reduced a few degrees, it was extremely hot. We had a great time at the Park and were happy to return each evening to warm and cozy accomadations. I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn Kalispell!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed for two nights while visiting Glacier National Park. The location was great for heading out to the West Glacier area, and generally close to most things one would want or need in the Kalispell area. The nightly rate was reasonable, the front desk staff were helpful and efficient, the room was spacious and clean, the property is well kept, and the breakfast (sausage, eggs, waffles, etc.) met our expectations and more.

Overall, a very good stay - We were on the road for a little over a week, traveling thru ID, MT and Canada, and by far, our two days at the Hampton Inn was a high point for the trip ... every stay before and after did not come close to measuring up.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DickandJane
GM120, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review on our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that The Hampton Inn Kalispell,MT was a high light of your trip. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in are area. Thank you again for taking the time to say such nice things about your stay. We love having you here! Sincerely, Lori Fisher General Manager Hampton Inn Kalispell,MT
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I decided to take a trip to Yellowstone and Glacier Nation Park. We like staying at the Hampton Inns and booked the one in Kalispell, The reviews were good for this hotel so I booked it for one night in advance. When I entered the lobby I was so impressed I decided to stay an additional night without even seeing the rooms. The lobby is very warm and inviting (cookies and coffee) and it just got better when we saw the room. Very clean and comfortable; expecially after touring Glacier National Park. The business center is great and the breakfast was good. Beds in the Hampton Inns are always very comfy; couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GM120, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Well we do love having you here, and we do enjoy a good surprise. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and if you are ever in our area again we hope you will choose us for your hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Sincerely, Lori Fisher General Manager Hampton Inn Kalispell,MT.
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed 2 nights (had 2 rooms) in Kalispell, and picked the Hampton Inn after reading the good reviews. I am glad we did.

The check in was fast, efficient, courteous. The hotel is clean, rooms are well kept and do not lack of anything. Comfy beds. Coffee machine, refrigerator. Free breakfast. I assume that this is what everyone expects from a Hampton Inn, but there was something more in the service that we were offered, that added the extra feeling of being welcome.
No fake smiles, people seemed happy and proud to be able to help us. In many (starred and expensive) hotels the staff acts like you should be grateful they have admitted you to the hotel, well, NOT here. What a nice feeling.

The hotel offers a laundry room, a nice swimming pool, computer in the lobby, coffee and hot water available any time in the lobby, wireless internet. A nice breakfast room offers a large warm breakfast (choice of cereals, eggs, muffins, waffle machine, a microwave). The ladies serving breakfast are extremely nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GM120, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you so very much for the great reivew on our Hampton Inn Kalispell, MT. The best part of our job is being able to meet people from all over the world in all walks of life, and to be able to take time to talk with folks like yourself. We love to hear about your visit and how you are enjoying your time in our great state of Montana. The entire staff works very hard to make sure that your stay is the best it can be and they take great pride in their work I just wish you could see their faces light up when I read reviews such as yours in my staff meetings. It is reviews like the one you took time to write that keeps them going. Thank you again for such nice words, and we really do love having you here. Sincerely, LoriFisher General Manager Hampton Inn Kalispell, MT
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Hampton Inn in Kalispell, Montana was a design I had never seen before out east. This may be a fairly new hotel, I'm not sure. It is in quiet part of town. The room was $156.00 for one night and that was a lower rate from booking online and paying for in advance Everything is high in the Glacier area...

The room was beautiful, beds were comfortable, even the pillows were in good shape, but I use one from home. The desk chair seemed to low for the table it was at. All 4 caster wheels squeaked, so I oiled them. The furniture was blondewood.The room had CFC bulbs so it was dim. Swapped a few out with my 75 -100 watt bulbs.

The towels were ok, but the wash cloth was thread bare and held no water whatsoever. We bring our own so this isn't a big deal with me.

During the late afternoon / early evening the refridgerator had an annoying hum. Its recessed into the dresser, so the sound is somewhat amplified. Later at night after returning from dinner the hum went away. I would have had to unplug it to sleep that night.

The door to my room (and other rooms) had to be the LOUDEST Slamming Door I've every encountered in a hotel in 30 years of travels. The door doesn't even seal or even come near the door jambs rubber weatherstrips. There is about 1/8th inch of play in between the catch plate hole and the door lock catches.Its all metal on metal contact.

There was a nice glass enclosed business center off the lobby. This was the first time I seen one with a locked door. Your door card key opened the glass door. The door automatically closed. There were 3 or 4 computers in there. There was very little ventilation and after a few minutes it got hot from the heat the PC gives off. I didn't feel any air conditioning flowing through the room either.

Can't coment on the pool (indoor) or the continental breakfast as I didn't partake in either of those things.

Would definately stay here again if I was in Kalispell.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

After a week of National Park Lodging we decided to spend our last night at a nice hotel near the airport with a pool and hot tub to relax our tired muscles. The room was spacious, very clean, everything you needed, very nice bathroom area. The King size bed was extremely comfortable, and I must say we enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We were happy we chose a hotel that had an indoor pool as it was a bit cool at night. The breakfast in the morning was good. I do wish they would have had a meat choice, but good nonetheless.

The staff we encountered were very helpful with restaurant suggestions, and just chatting the next morning at checkout. We were happy to have the computer to check our email, get caught up a bit on news etc, and print our boarding passes.

Not a single complaint. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GM120, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn. We do keep the pool and hot tub area open 24 hours as you just never know when you feel like a swim or a soak so I'm glad to hear you took advantage of it while you were hear. We hope you enjoyed Glacier Park as well, and will come visit again. The entire staff of the Hampton Inn Kalispell, MT thanks you very much for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincelery, Lori Fisher General Manager Hampton Inn Kalispell,MT
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Spent the night here prior to flying out of Kalispell. Rooms are lovely - very large, great beds, beautiful clean fresh soft bedding. The staff was great - desk clerk recommended a great place to walk (Railway trail) only two blocks from the hotel. Was able to order in pizza and salads from a local place - Angela's - so could stay in and watch a movie before an early flight out. Really a nice place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
GM120, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you so much for the very nice review. I'm glad we were able to provide you with all the info you needed for a nice relaxing night before your flight. The walking trail that is just around the block from us is a really nice feature so we are happy to hear you took advantage of a nice walk before your flight home. Sincerely, Lori Fisher General Manager Hampton Inn Kalispell,MT