“OK for the price”

Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
central Ohio
“OK for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Blue and White Motel seems to have chosen themed rooms as its way of standing out. This is commendable--I was in the James Dean room (nobody asked what room I wanted, but ok, sure), and I saw other themes relating to outdoors and bikes on the door decorations. They kinda went overboard with the decor in my room, but everything was generally clean and in good working order.

Right after I checked in, I noticed that the chain lock on the door was broken, so I asked if they could fix it. The guy at the desk said he'd call someone to get it, and they finally installed a new one a couple of hours later.

Breakfast was several shapes of plain glazed donuts and some unsliced bagels; I had to ask for a knife to slice one. It still didn't fit in the toaster. The store brand margarine tub appeared not to have been refrigerated recently when I checked out at 7 am. They would probably be better off telling guests to fend for themselves in the morning and knocking a couple bucks off the rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mapcat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Once we saw the sand-filled coffee cans by each doorway, we had doubts about getting a non-smoking room. As with any motel, I asked to see the room first to verify with a sniff test. The room was decorated with all sorts of Western paraphernalia. Very cute room, but had the lingering smell of cigarettes. We asked the nice lady at the desk for another NS room and got one decorated by someone obsessed with Labrador dogs. Shower curtains, pictures, figurines, lamp bases—you name it—offset by duck decoys, baskets of cattails, and pictures of hunting scenes (featuring labs, of course).
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, water was hot, but lights were dim and inadequate. Tap water tasted terrible. Probably old pipes. WiFi was free and the TV had lots of dish channels. We arrived at 8 p.m. and weren’t sure what was open in this rather small town. The desk lady referred us to the 24 hour family restaurant within walking distance (Finnegan’s). Food was bland and overpriced. We would have done better driving to the Sizzler and spending the same amount on buffet items.
A very strange “American” breakfast was included—lots of breads, stale donuts, cereals. No thanks. I did take a photo of the huge stuffed grouse in a glass case in the lobby. There is a patio area for guests with a mix of old chairs and grills that haven’t been scrubbed in decades. They boast an indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna booth, but it didn’t seem very clean. Since we didn’t grill or swim, those features are not part of our rating.
Good location for visiting Glacier National Park. The town is about 20 miles from the west entrance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ArthritisDoc
Washington, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Do not stay at this motel.
My wife and I stayed for one night at the Blue and White and were completely disgusted at how dirty the room was. The worst was that the sheets on the bed had not been changed. We know this because of the large number of "body" hairs on the sheets as well as assorted bits of unknown stuff we did not want to touch. The pillow cases were also covered with hair. Very disgusting. It was late and we were going camping so we just camped in the room with our own sheets and foam mattress but should have checked out.
I can mention other things such as the broken sink, old worn out furniture, strong smell of smoke, etc. However, the dirty bed sheets are enough to never stay at this motel again.
I have stayed at a lot of motels for work and personal trips and this motel is by far the worst motel I have ever stayed at. I wish I could give it a negative rating since one circle seems way too high.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kalispell hotels

San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family and I were on our second road trip and have stayed in hundreds of hotels from San Diego California to Tulsa Oklahoma, this by far was the scariest! We booked it online because it was well priced for the season, but it was still fairly expensive. The strange woman at the front desk was nice but I could not understand her speech, and the office smelled like drugs and cigarettes. As we drove to our room the parking lot, which resembled a homeless camp, we could easily see the pool was disgusting the water was brown and the building it was in was about to fall. On the way to our room we could see into many other rooms and they were very gross with paint and wallpaper peeling, horrid carpet, and disgusting motifs. We arrived at our room, and were greeted by the locals who were living there. The room was nasty it smelled so bad I immediately threw up in my mouth and had to leave for a minute to spit and get my bearings. Once rituals were performed I went back in to take a closer look the smell was worse now, the carpet stained and in terrible shape, the bedding was stained, the sheets which should have been white had human body shaped yellow stains with the the worst of it focused in the head and face region. We immediately ran away and never looked back, avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: Stop, turnaround, and run!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Didsbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Myself and a Co-worker went down to Kalispell for a weekend back in June for some MAJOR shopping. Therefore, we werent to fond on paying 100+ a night at a hotel. I found the Blue and White on trip advisor and we booked it immediately. At 40 bucks a night, you seriously cannot go wrong with that. We stayed in the bear room. It was hilarious! We had a great laugh. Yes the bed was wildly uncomfortable, the whole place is incredibly outdated, and the crowds hanging out there are a little questionable at times, but you pay 40 bucks a night! Woohoo!

For people who are going for some weekend fun, this is the place to stay! Great shopping, Finnigans Restaurant right next door feeding our drunken selves at 2am, and SCOREBOARD BAR! Such a fun night was spent at scoreboard!

Room Tip: Ask for the grizzly bear room! Hilarious!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
MPLS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here three nights. The room was a theme room. Cute but tacky. Clean room! Housekeeping was good and front desk staff was very friendly. No security concerns. Too far from West Glacier for me but that was my issue.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Brooks, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were on a bike trip thru the United States and weren't sure what the weather was going to be so didn't book ahead. We ended up having to stay at this venue. It was quite an experience to say the least. We were early for our reservation so they changed us to a "Harley Davidson" themed room. If it was a flat surface there was a Harley sticker on it. I have no idea when the last time the fuzzy Harley blankets were last washed because when the sheets on both beds were pulled back, mine had dirt in it, yes dirt, like from the bottom of some ones' shoes and the other bed had long black hair in it. It was late and we couldn't be bothered to complain that night. So we got up and attended the continental breakfast. They advertise a variety of baked goods and fruits. Well it was tucked back in a dimly lit corner of the office where there was no chairs or tables to sit at and the baked goods were 2 day old sale items from the local grocery store. There was some bananas and apples however which was what we aimed for. When we did mention the state of the sheets in our room at check out they said they would contact us and try and do something about it. Have never heard from them. It was unfortunate that this was the stay we had as we probably will go through Kallispell on several trips. I would never recommed for anyone to stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple