“Red Lion Kalispell”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Kalispell
“Red Lion Kalispell”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Red Lion Kalispell was a pleasant surprise tucked away in downtown Kalispell. The beds were comfortable and the attrium area was great for our team to unwind. The breakfast was good, more variety.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

GeneralManagerLCB, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Michael K, Thank you for your review. The location of our hotel in downtown Kalispell has many advantages: within walking distance of our downtown merchants, attached to the Kalispell Center Mall and a few blocks away from some great eateries. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is now the third time we have stayed at the Red Lion in Kalispell and continue to be exceptionally pleased with the friendly staff, overall cleanliness of the entire facility and the very comfortably rooms. The "free breakfast" is fabulous. I overheard other hotel guests commenting on how much superior the Red Lion "free" breakfast is compared to any other hotel they had stayed. We will most definitely search out the Red Lion Hotels in our future travels to the western USA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Ceegee172011, We strive to exceed our customer service to our guests every day and I am glad you experienced this. Our breakfast is definitely our highlight of the property with many of our guests. Thank you for being a loyal customer of ours.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent one night here in June 2013. Room was spacious and clean, front desk staff was the super friendly, breakfast was one of the best I've ever had at a hotel - they had an omlette station! Pool area was nice and clean. Nice to be attached to the mall, even if it's not the doesn't have a lot of stores. Only complaint was we had to listen to kids running around in the room above us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
olsenne, I am glad you took advantage of several of our amenities. Being attached to the Kalispell Center Mall is a great asset. You can find most anything you are looking for with the variety of stores it has. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have done a little traveling over the past few years, and I like to live 'on the fly'. No plans, just check out different places. Hop in the SUV and sleep where I stop. What a surprise (and it takes something special to surprise and impress me), when I was directed by a local in Kalispell to the Red Lion Hotel.. I don't search for the fancy/shmancy places, but I do enjoy good rest. Red Lion, to quote a famous man, "I'll be back"! Thank you,

Marc Bouchard, Alberta Canada

Room Tip: Hey Crips (not the LA gang), you know who we are. Thought went into designing the rooms and bath fa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
We do love that quote. I appreciate your post and glad you experienced my goal of the property ---- to make a memorable stay. We will see youon your next visit.
Calhoun, Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My children and I stayed one night. Our room was comfy and quiet. Front desk service was friendly and helpful (I needed a razor). We enjoyed the suana. The complimentary breakfast was unusually high quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MEJDoane, Thank you for the review. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Kalispell and the surrounding area and took back some great memories.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Dear Lisa (Hotel GM),

My friend, Cary Uzelman, and I each used one week of our extremely valuable, and limited, holiday weeks to get in some good 'ole male bonding and golf. This year, we choose the Kalispell area and the Red Lion Hotel. There are numerous variables that can make or break a golf holiday; everything from the weather, golf course conditions, food and accommodations. I am taking this opportunity to let you know that the Red Lion Hotel and its staff were absolutely outstanding! Right from check-in to check-out, our every need and requests were met with eagerness and commitment to customer service.

I would like to take this opportunity to identify some of your staff that made our trip unforgettable.

The second we enter the hotel, we were greeted with enthusiasm and genuine "happy to see you" smiles from Michelle and Shyloe. They were both very gracious and patient with our bombardment of questions, as neither Cary nor I had ever been in the Kalispell area before. Not only were they instrumental in assisting us in our dinning and entertainment selections, but Michelle went the extra mile to secure shuttle service to the golf courses for the entire week.

Once we entered the room, we were surprised to received a gift of Red Lion golf towels and tees. Very simple, yet extremely comforting touch...well done. The room was spacious and current, with great access to the courtyard and pool/hot tub facilities. It was clean and completely stocked and ready to meet our hotel room expectations. You would be surprised how many times this simple expectation is not met.

The golf course shuttle service from day one, and every day thereafter, was nothing short of spectacular. We absolutely fell in love with Sam! Not only was he there to ensure we got our often over server and obnoxious selves home safe, but he was sincerely concerned with meeting our every need. He addressed our inquires with vigor and a desire to help. He constantly "bell hopped" our golf bags and I don't think we ever touched the van door handle, as he was always there to open and close it for us. Cary and I have rarely found this level of shuttle service in our numerous trips to Las Vegas. Lisa, please do whatever it takes to keep this man around. He is an absolute treasure.

I would like to put forward a special appreciation to the "behind the scenes" staff that rarely get the recognition they desire. Everyday, we enjoyed the breakfast. The culinary staff were friendly and pleasant to deal with. Money is not an issue for us, but to have a complimentary service like this was appreciated. From the house keeping staff to the maintenance staff, no matter the time of day or night, they were always quick to initiated a "hello." A maintenance member observed me walking around with an ice bucket in my hand, wondering the halls. Not only did he educate me on the locations of the ice machines, but he stopped what he was doing and personally walked me to the closest machine. Even the "security guard" that reminded me of my overstay in the outdoor hot tube on Sunday night was polite and pleasant to deal with.

In closing, your staff was amazing. I'd like to send out a special thanks to Jason for his assistance with finding a great place to watch playoff hockey. Jason is a great guy and you should value his employment. But before I leave you with this correspondence, we would like to recognize Shyloe as an outstanding employee. Everyday, she always greeted us with a smile and shared in our genuine excitement to what debauchery was to come. We looked forward to seeing her daily, as she always had suggestions and advice as to ways to improve our holiday. She especially showed her professionalism, as she handled and absorbed without a stutter, our friendly, yet flirtatious Canadian personalities. She made our trip!

Not only will the Red Lion be our hotel of choice, but I have cc'd Trish (our golf travel agent) in on this email. Hopefully this letter of appreciation will garner more business for the Red Lion. Keep up the great work and please thank you everyone for making our trip one to remember.

Customer forever,
Jay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
What a great post !! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write this. We have a great team here at the Red Lion and I am glad you got to experience their great customer service all around. See you on your next visit.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The location of this hotel is convenient to Glacier NP, as well as restaurants & shops in Kalispell. The breakfast was excellent, including made-to-order omelets. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were quiet, despite the size of the hotel and the number of guests. The room, hallways and common areas were all spotless. The only issue we had during our stay was that the door to our room was not quite plumb, so we had to close it with more force that we liked -- not an issue for us, but we didn't want it to disturb other guests. The hotel staff were already aware of the issue and working on fixing it.